~2000 FUE with Dr Reddy..Great experience!

Shacked

Just thought I would give a breif summary of my recent FUE with Dr Raghu Reddy and his excellent team at the Private Clinic, London.

Over the course of two days I had ~2000 grafts implanted by Dr Reddy's 3G FUE technique.

I chose Dr Reddy based on his comparative amazing yields and results with relatively few grafts compared to the commonly discussed other 'top FUE surgeons".

First off his team are all pro's and have been working together for years to refine this minimally invasive FUE technique. They were personably, relaxed, funny, and above all caring, profession, and meticulous.

I always read that people get experience pain, discomfort, and swelling during and post op. I have to say that with Dr Reddy's technique I have experienced zero pain or swelling both during and post op. The operation finished yesterday and I feel absolutely normal. Not a spot of swelling or even a head ache.

It's obvious after doing research on the FUE procedures conducted by the regarded 'best FUE doctors', that Dr Reddy's 3G FUE stands out as being both innovative and geared towards optimal results. He uses specialized techniques to create an extremely non invasive yet high yielding technique, which I am sure he would be more than willing to discuss with anyone interested.

In regards to my case, I apparently had really strong, healthy, and "big" grafts (so lots with 3 and 4 hairs). We chose a hairline hat reflects my age (31) and the fact that I have never had sharp temple points. Plus I was strongly advised against having points worked on as many cases are seen where transplanting to this region looks very odd in years to come where further recession occurs. Plus I have a big head so had lots of baldy to cover :)

I am very happy with my results thus far and I am predicted to have a great result due to graft condition and density.

One thing worth mentioning is that is became obvious that Dr Reddy's skills are not only recognized by international patients (there was talk of people coming in from all over the world during my visit), but also he is held in high esteem by the other 'best' FUE surgeons discussed on this site, and from what I gathered some of these surgeons aspire to his results. I feel that results are a culmination of skill, attention to maximizing survivorship though a cautious and meticulous proceedure, and his desire to push the boundaries in producing amazing FUE results (as he too apparently had a poor result from a previous surgey prior to his now great results conducted by his own technician!). I predict that Dr Reddy will soon be known as the world leader in FUE. I think with a little more marketing strategy then the general 'hair loss society' will also come to realize this.

Another thing worth discussing is the fact that it became immediately obvious after day 1 (which put in ~900 grafts), that if care for precious grafts and thus their survival are to be integral in the procedure then there is no way that these 'mega sessions' of 1000s of grafts are an ethical and sensible way to go. Lets be honest, accuracy and thus results reduces with human fatigue of the Dr, as well as the large 'one-off' head trauma caused in these 'mega-sessions. I would steer well clear of them, knowing what I know now after my experience. FUE takes time and skill. It should never be rushed!

Not only were various techniques used by Dr Reddy's team to minimize graft trauma and maximize survivorship (use of graft placement 'pen' system; not forceps, and A-cell) but grafts were extracted and then implanted in various rounds though out each day to minimize their time out of the scalp. A simple yet totally intuitive protocol!

Great experience...now the I'm just expecting the Doc's prediticion of a good result to materialize! :)

If you are considering FUE, I wouldn't go anywhere else aside from this Dr's team!

5b32e02a989e5_myhairtrans.jpg.19aa988d7c5baea7305c6eb2f5c01083.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been impressed with the Dr's work.

Keep the forum posted with your progress.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

?6 per graft, so the same as Lorenzo etc.

I was originally interested in Rahal (as I was living in Canada), who was a bit cheaper but was put off by quite a few factors. So happy I went with Reddy. I won't go to another surgeon if I have another procedure in the future

I week post-op.

Not much scabbing really, and pretty much most of the follicle crusts have now gone.

I am pretty happy wit the density, I think the hair line is 'dense-packed'. Its hard to tell really because hairs are all different lengths. Apparently I have think hair follicles and lots of grafts with multiple hairs, so 'should' have a 'perfect' result.

I have two uber cowlicks, which is why hairs in most of my forelock point in one direction. This gives the impression of higher density. Dr Reddy transplanted the hairs taking the two cowlicks into consideration because there were even relics of the more depleted one i.e. some hairs point in the opposite direction to the main dominant direction of hairs at the front.

Still no swelling or pain. Top of head is a little numb but I'm sure full sensation will return with time.

I think I did loose ~3 grafts close to a temple point, due to friction during sleep. There was dried blood on them and they were hanging out of the scalp. I pulled and they freely came out and consisted of 2-3 long hairs and the follicle sheath. Aside from that I have only lost tiny (portions) of hair shaft along with the follicle crusts during washing. No bleeding so I presume this represents the normal course of events where some hair shafts may be lost during scab/crust removal.

Grow hair grow!

5b32e0375cea8_HT1week.jpg.baaedb921e9a103c90aab22a453e0050.jpg

I've not seen or heard of his work much, but your post-up looks very clean and solid!

should make for a nice result

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I've not seen or heard of his work much, but your post-up looks very clean and solid!

should make for a nice result

From the results I have seen he is definitely #1 in the UK and I would say within the top 10 best FUE surgeons in Europe. A lot of his work is on Youtube under restore hair clinics (if I am allowed to say this here).

Looks spot on for 2 weeks Shacked. Looking forward to your progress.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Shacked,

Your post op photos look great. I have been thinking about having a HT for the last year, I saw Dr Reddy about 6 months ago (I was really impressed by him, his team and the results of previous patients).

Can I see some pictures of you now and maybe have a chat in more detail?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update at 8 weeks.

Plenty of hairs are growing. My right side seems to have retained more hairs that the left, which seems odd. But it may be because the angle of these hairs is more aggressive (cowlick) it may appear they are growing better. Can see lots of tiny hairs that are still in rest phase.

Red is almost totally gone. Hope that the drugs make my crown less baldy now!

How does the growth look for 2 months?

me2monthsfue.jpg.915d201199e299fc09c10b98d0499656.jpg

No thoughts on growth so far, eh?

Week 10 pic here... you can see that HT really is an art of illusion. In more flattering light I actually have a decent hairline (which i haven't had for 15 years!)

Apologies for the BnW but this went though instagram before posting here

fue10weeks.jpg.9ce78471c0f4f178ec55ec3838bb888c.jpg

?6 per graft, so the same as Lorenzo etc.

I was originally interested in Rahal (as I was living in Canada), who was a bit cheaper but was put off by quite a few factors. So happy I went with Reddy. I won't go to another surgeon if I have another procedure in the future

Hi, great pictures and thanks for keeping us updated.

Just wanted to clarify does that mean its ?6 x2000? I am very new to this and from my research would be interested in this clinic and dr too so just wanted to make sure my maths were correct.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can I ask why you have paid ?6 per graft as advertised on the Private Clinics' website, it is ?2.50 per graft?

On their site they give an average cost of 2.50 per hair. Not graft. Most grafts contain more than one hair. In my case I had many with 2+ hairs per graft, so if I was charged on a strictly per hair basis it would have worked out more than expensive. The going rate for the top European surgeons if 6 per graft

That certainly is an unusual way to charge. Essentially a patient blessed with a higher density of 2.4 hairs/graft will pay more than someone with 1.8 despite the same time and effort on the surgeon's part. Most of the clinics I am familiar with have a higher charge for the first 1000 grafts then a reduced schedule for all subsequent grafts. The latter seems to be more fair and reasonable in my opinion.

That certainly is an unusual way to charge. Essentially a patient blessed with a higher density of 2.4 hairs/graft will pay more than someone with 1.8 despite the same time and effort on the surgeon's part. Most of the clinics I am familiar with have a higher charge for the first 1000 grafts then a reduced schedule for all subsequent grafts. The latter seems to be more fair and reasonable in my opinion.

No they don't actually charge per hair. This is just the average cost per hair given an average number of hairs per graft usually seen. They charge per graft i.e. 6 pounds.

It all comes down to which surgeon meets a patients needs both in their procedure, ethics, and results. Dr Reddy impressed me the most in all three categories.

Dr Lorenzo charges 6 euro (which is close enough to 6 pounds) for the first 1000, and 4 euro for the next 1000. So if I would have gone with Lorenzo I would have saved 2K euro. But I would have had to travel to his clinic from London, stayed in a hotel etc. So after all that I wouldn't have really saved much. Plus, Dr Reddys results are more impressive with a smaller amount of grafts in my opinion.

In USD, the difference between 6 Euros and 6 GBP is $2.04 so not an insignificant amount if you are looking at a typical procedure of between 1500-3000 grafts. That being said, trying to compare the results of two dedicated highly skilled FUE surgeons is making a difference without a distinction in my view. I certainly understand where ones personal connection or travel logistics can be the deciding factor however.

Its hard to find a picture before because I would always where a hat. But I found one my friends posted on Facebook not before they gave me a little more facial hair. The hairline has been dramatically transformed and this is more noticeable from the sides with the increased temple coverage. I will get the pre-shaved op pics from the clinic in Jan at my 6 months meeting.

me.defaced!.jpg.6843eb735273eeb4d62d80cef763a4ce.jpg