First wash and flaking

Hi all,

I'm day 8 post of and just had my first real hair wash under the shower and I was allowed to massage the recipient gently with betadine shampoo and then give myself a once over with baby shampoo.

Feels great to be able to do that but my scalp there is still very flaky and as I was looking in the mirror I just stroked the area slightly to try and dust off a few flakes which came away on my fingers and I looked at it and there were hairs in them. Now I'm no expert but a hair sticking out a half wet white flake looks a bit like a hair and a graft to my untrained eyes.

I'm not overly concerned as I expect shedding to start around this time but just to be sure other things aren't falling out.

Thanks!

You have started to shed your grafts brought on by washing your hair, bits of dried skin with hairs attached, hairs with black bulbs, J shaped hairs, lots of flaking of skin. You will see all sorts over the next few weeks so do not worry all is normal. Most patients are too careful when it comes to getting the scabbing off from the scalp with is understandable considering the investment you have just made.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

This is all perfectly normal for 8+ days. You will continue to see many hairs being shed. But not any grafts they will be secure by now.

Try to stop worrying and just keep following your surgeons post op advice !

PS like the Ace Rimmer profile pic...

continue to follow the clinic's advice and ask their rep Stephen for any additional info if needed

only two more days til the critical day 10 when the grafts are said to be secure, hang in there man !

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks all. Just had my second wash there and much crust was removed. Scalp is looking a healthy pinky purple and the hair has got softer but I expect it to start going soon. I'll get some pics and progress up as soon as I get the procedure pictures from the clinic.

On a side note, Chris Barrie had said that when he wore the Ace Rimmer wig he felt like a completely different person, more confident and heroic. If that's any indication of the psychology of hair and what it can do for your mind and well being then it's a good lesson and one that's made me very glad of my procedure.