We are presenting a 31 Year old man with Class VI hair loss who received a hair transplant by Dr. Parsa Mohebi. We focused on the frontal area of the scalp and covered it with 2710 follicular unit grafts.

FUT Hair Transplant was done with 2710 follicular unit grafts - 12 month follow up

Miniaturization Study (Microscopic Evaluation)

Location Miniaturization

Hair Line: 80

Corners: 80

Top: 30

Crown: 70

Donor Area: 0

Here is the patient's hair characteristics:

Hair loss class: VI

Hair color: Black

Skin tone: White

Hair character: Slight Wavy

Hair thickness: Thick

Donor density: 2

Scalp laxity: 2-2.5

Here is how the grafts were distributed:

Hairline: 300

Front: 1600

Top: 810

Crown: 0

Temple: 0

Ones: 327

Twos: 1796

Threes: 499

Fours: 88

Total: 2710

5b32dfece668e_FrontalViewBeforeHairTransplant.JPG.80ac18852b75bf25be897ac34d123c0a.JPG

5b32dfecf3b2d_FrontalViewAfterHairTransplant.JPG.d30ad0e65e562015c7f0ed4adb7a682b.JPG

5b32dfed8878a_RightSideViewBeforeHairTransplant.jpg.f49f71e4f5aa6302e1c3a2d32a90d664.jpg

5b32dfed9eeec_RightSideViewAfterHairTransplant.JPG.8c3f386ab678130c2b5ecfd59ace86a5.JPG

5b32dfedba52a_LeftSideViewBeforeHairTransplant.jpg.ae01a0db7d0a73f34c2a76d8bd1adaca.jpg

5b32dfedd3b3f_LeftSideViewAfterHairTransplant.JPG.1afe1d1e9209a1f9449e987d60e449fe.JPG

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I think this is probably an OK result, but too many details are not shown. The hairline, temple corners, and top of the head are hidden by the angle and his hairstyle (combed forward). There's also no pic of his FUT scar area.

It would appear this is a large surfiace area, but with no immediate post op pic it's hard to say just how large. Although his head was shaved short preop, he still had quite a bit of frontal hair left too.

When limited pictures are posted and weak comparisons are made I tend to think things are being intentionally hidden. So I see no reason to give the benefit of the doubt when filling in the blanks here.

I have a feeling if closeup pictures in good lighting were made of this patient with his hair combed to up and apart, the result would not appear nearly as good.

I think this is probably an OK result, but too many details are not shown. The hairline, temple corners, and top of the head are hidden by the angle and his hairstyle (combed forward). There's also no pic of his FUT scar area.

It would appear this is a large surfiace area, but with no immediate post op pic it's hard to say just how large. Although his head was shaved short preop, he still had quite a bit of frontal hair left too.

When limited pictures are posted and weak comparisons are made I tend to think things are being intentionally hidden. So I see no reason to give the benefit of the doubt when filling in the blanks here.

I have a feeling if closeup pictures in good lighting were made of this patient with his hair combed to up and apart, the result would not appear nearly as good.

Man, I never heard a guy complain so much! Maybe you can start your own HT thread and we can critique the photos.

This is Paulygon by the way:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172918-bald-not-2710-grafts-california.html

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Man, I never heard a guy complain so much! Maybe you can start your own HT thread and we can critique the photos.

This is Paulygon by the way:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172918-bald-not-2710-grafts-california.html

Thanks I did not know this was Paulygon, I'm looking at his photo album now and have to say his result is... inexpicably amazing. I don't think this post does the result justice at all. It's kind of weird there are so many more pictures available but the doctor just used a few which don't tell the full story.

I still standby what I posted before, by the way. Which is that... it's hard to tell how good/bad the result is based on the limited pictures. Filling in the blanks by assuming the best and declaring "Great result" is usually a bad idea.

People are free to draw their own conclusions but It would appear to me that far more than 2700 grafts were placed in order to achieve such a result. In the before pictures the vertex is totally bald. I have never seen finasteride and or minoxidil produce dense thick growth in a large area of the crown which was previously "shiny bald." Furthermore, the post op pictures show grafts all the back to the crown. As a NW6 myself when I had my first surgery I had a lot more native hair on top yet with 3600 grafts only the hairline and frontal 3rd was covered. My hair thickness is 56 microns, very wavy, and light brown in color so my characteristics were optimal as well.

I tend to view testimonials from patients who are doctor advocates with a grain of skepticism regardless of the pictorial presentation.

Yes, the documentation is not good, and clinic does not mention an epic response to medications. It's a great result all the same, but I think this community needs stricter rules about posting.

Agreed with KO and Rootz. The documentation is very lazy. Guess I'm spoilt by guys like Lorenzo, Hasson and Wong.

I would like to say that I really like the hairline and his result is actually very nice. Congratulations to the patient as he must be very happy. I think the doctor did an excellent job. Below is some constructive feedback.

All Norwood 6 patients are not created equally. I think that it is very important to realize that 2900 grafts will never be enough for the average Norwood 6 patient. I am not insinuating that this is implied by the clinic, but it may be interpreted this way by a newbie who is a full blown Norwood 6. Unless a patient has absolute dream characteristics (look around you, very few people fit this description), 8,000-9,000 grafts are needed for full coverage (not full density, of course).

This is why I propose that instead of only classifying patients by norwood pattern, I believe that the forum should require clinics to classify patients by total bald area in cm2 as well. In cosmetic surgery, apples need to be compared with apples. There is a significant difference between someone who has 150 cm2 of bald area vs 200 cm2 of bald area.

Also, I feel that it should become mandatory for clinics to post HD videos of their patients. H&W and Dr. Lorenzo are the only ones who are doing it (please correct me if I'm wrong). This is the only way someone can find out what he/she may realistically expect.

Also, wet the transplanted hair. The photos above show no weakness at all. This is usually completely impossible for a Norwood 6 who only had around 3000 grafts.

Thanks for sharing and I hope your clinic is open to posting HD videos in the future of its showcase patients.

Cheers! :)

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

What I have discovered over the years is that sometimes a great HT/HT surgeon does not necessarily equate to a great photographer/documentation. I know H&W are often lauded (deservedly so) for their excellent photo presentations. I also happen to know that Jotronic has spent a lot of time making sure of this. Just pointing and clicking is often not enough.

I think that if surgeons are going to promote their work on forums like this, they should take the time to make sure their photo document presentations are on point as well.

That being said, and knowing the finished product from Paulygon's own pics, this is a great result!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think his hair loss resembles a Norwood "A" pattern more than anything else.

What was the total bald area in cm2 covered?

We know that many Norwood 6 patients have around 150-230 cm2 of bald area. Let's assume that he has 150 cm2 of bald area. 2900/150= 19.33 fu/cm2. Of course, hair characteristics can make a huge difference, but will 19.33 grafts per cm2 produce this kind of result?

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Nice hairline design. I agree that the majority of nw6 patients shouldn't expect a result like this. He had a great response to meds

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

hey that guy looks familiar!

congrats again Pauly, awesome result

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)