Norwood III-IV and going to receive ~2000 grafts. Will people in my office notice?

I'm scheduled to get my surgery soon and have decided I'm going through with it.

I work in an office, and will be taking about a week off work the day of the surgery. My question is, will people notice that I did something? At the end of the day I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd really prefer not to be the talk of the office. I'm not really in the mood to know people will be saying "Do you know what so-and-so did!"

I understand that after 9 months or so the difference will be huge, at that point I won't care. It's just early after surgery, what can I realistically expect? Would any of you have some good recommendations for pictures by people who were in a similar position to me, receiving the same number of grafts?

Depends how long you normally have your hair and where your having the grafts most surgeons require you to have a buzz cut and by week 1 you will still have lots of scabs plus your donor area will be cut to a zero making it stand out, most of the healing is done by week 2 then you can get a buzz cut all over.

If your that concerned about work mates knowing try to get 2 weeks off?

My pics after week 1 hope this helps :)

IMG_0715.jpg.cb5ae678cd63ff740225a1a855ca9fbc.jpg

5b32dfe33cbd9_IMG_07941.jpg.ee74a7cca0dc1d51dde2ab9f1efd845b.jpg

Dude everyone who knows you will notice. There is no getting away from it, you are going to look completely different, unless you usually shave your hair to a #1, even then people would probably still notice as the scalp tends to stay red for quite a few weeks after the op (from what I have observed). The best thing is to resign yourself to the fact people will notice and people being people, some will talk about it. However in a few days everyone would have got used to your appearance and would have forgotten about it. The best thing (easier said than done) is to not act like you give a shit and ultimately don't worry what people think about you.

Afraid so. You will still have scabs all over after a week. FUE is underestimated by alot of people, and it takes alot longer than you think to get back to some normality.

Either accept that everyone will know, or make up a lie. i.e you had an op on your head, and therefore have to wear a bandage for 2 months, or something like that.

Gotta think of yourself, and your own life. Not other peoples opinon, as hard as that is. You might not even be at that job in 2 years time.

Absolutely people will notice. Unfortunately this cant really be helped. As others have mentioned you will have had you hair shaved and then your going to have scabs/redness/pinkness all sorts to deal with.

Look through pics on here that others have posted after there Hts for a better idea of how its going to look.

We are all different in healing though.

I personally couldnt care who saw me after the surgery, i have gone back to work a few days after every Ht i have had (4 now) people just got used to it.

Oh they'll notice.... My bro got it done and tried to conceal it by combing his hair into bangs. He said that people who never usually talk to him at work just came up with lame reasons to "ask him questions" mostly to get a better look, LOL.