Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

In North America, the market for 350 million people is shared by 40 plus physicians recommended by our community. In India, we currently recommend only 2 physicians for a market of over1 billion people. After interviewing Dr. Bhatti and viewing several examples of his procedure and results, I believe that Dr. Tejinder Bhatti should be considered for potential recommendation by this community. At this time, Dr. Bhatti is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Bhatti was previously being considered for recommendation back in 2013. However, due to several previous concerns brought to our attention by physicians, we chose not to proceed with his potential inclusion. After investigating these issues and speaking with Dr. Bhatti, we genuinely believe that he's now resolved these concerns.

Concerns brought to our attention revolved around how Dr. Bhatti conducted and promoted his business and had nothing to do with his work or patient results. This included various political concerns and an over-promotion of the benefits of FUE while discrediting strip surgery. However, Dr. Bhatti has long since removed and discontinued any such negativity online and offline and because he has matured in his presentation of FUE's relative pros and cons, we are reconsidering him for recommendation. Most importantly, his patient results and reviews on this forum are excellent.

Dr. Bhatti has over 10 years experience and after mastering both FUT and FUE, he now performs exclusive follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant surgery at his clinic in Chandigarh, India. Dr. Bhatti performs only 1 or 2 cases each day and has the staff and experience to perform sessions of FUE exceeding 2000 grafts in a single day when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti specializes in FUE, scar repair, eyebrow transplantation, and BHT (Body hair transplantation - using hair from various parts of the body to restore hair on the scalp). He also provides prescriptions for Propecia, medical hair loss treatment and provides ongoing training in FUE for doctors and their technicians.

Being a firm believer in continued education, Dr. Tejinder Bhatti runs a fully hands-on FUE workshop at his clinic every year at his clinic so that leading physicians around the world can learn from each other. Dr. Bhatti has trained dozens of physicians in the FUE technique in the last 18 months alone.

Dr. Bhatti adopted and regularly uses Dr. Jim Harris' motorized SAFE Scribe at his practice. In his hands, Dr. Bhatti feels that this device maximizes both quality and quantity of the grafts during the extraction process. Additionally, because this tool uses “blunt dissection” as opposed to a sharp punch, angle and direction of the punch is less critical to avoid transection of the hair follicle.

Dr. Bhatti uses a .75mm punch in Caucasian patients due to their finer and thinner hair and prefers using a .85mm punch in Indians. While Dr. Bhatti recognizes that follicular units obtained via FUE are more fragile, he is confident that he can regularly obtain 95% growth yield in the vast majority of patients by carefully extracting/handling grafts and transplanting them within 3 or 4 hours of being harvested.

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti is dedicated to natural hairline reconstruction and selects only the finest 1 haired follicular units for placement in the first two rows of the hairline. In order to create the most natural looking hairline and result, Dr Bhatti typically densely packs up to 55 follicular units per square centimeter (FU/cm2). In Asians and Caucasians, Dr. Bhatti staggers the hairline and creates a non-staggered hairline in Africans in order to best mimic nature.

Dr. Bhatti uses a combination of small needles and custom cut blades as small as .75mm to create recipient incisions. This ensures a snug and comfortable fit for the extracted follicular units in order to maximize growth yield.

Given Dr. Bhatti's vast experience in performing quality FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Bhatti has presented numerous examples of his recent FUE and specialty results on this forum. Dr. Bhatti's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

5000 FUE and Body Hair Grafts in 2 Sessions

3000 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Bhatti - Only 5 Months Post-Op

3000 Grafts via FUE on Caucasian Male with Dr. Bhatti

Patient Album

Patient Experience on His Profile

3850 Grafts via BHT and FUE with Dr. Bhatti

3000 Grafts via FUE in 1 Session Dr. Bhatti

1000 Grafts via FUE on Female Patient with Dr. Bhatti

4050 Grafts in 1 Session - 3 Months Post-Op

4050 Grafts in 1 Session - 5 Months Post-Op

1200 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE - Female Hairline Burn Scar

Traction Alopecia Case via FUE

Some Additional Patient Cases:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...er-bhatti.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...arh-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...tti-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...-progress.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...00-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...87-grafts.html

Hair Restoration Journal for Questionmark - Before surgery

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...04-2013-a.html

------

More Posted by the Clinic

------

2897 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Bhatti

3011 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Bhatti

3200 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Bhatti

3244 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Bhatti

3200 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Bhatti

Patient Shane13 Results

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'd say that a few of the examples presented here look quite good, while others are a bit underwhelming. Clearly he is using modern HT techniques and equipment. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Dr. Bhatti's work presented before giving a thumbs up. Perhaps some more up-close shots would help, too.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a temporary/non-permanent Scalp Micropigmentation Company in the New York area. AHEAD INK is a Milena Lardi trained clinic and uses Beauty Medical equipment and products exclusively.

I'd say that a few of the examples presented here look quite good, while others are a bit underwhelming. Clearly he is using modern HT techniques and equipment. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Dr. Bhatti's work presented before giving a thumbs up. Perhaps some more up-close shots would help, too.

I second this view tbh! A lot of the results are under poor lighting conditions and I wouldn't say many of them are fantastic! A couple of nice results though

I underwent surgery with Dr Bhatti last year in September'13. I have been extremely satisfied with my results. I have posted my experience and pictures for consideration and would be very happy to recommend him for other patients.

He has come out as a truly professional surgeon who not only did good work but also kept in touch during post-op for any discomfort I might be having. I have two other friends who are undergoing surgery in the near future.

Good Luck to you all.

Hello hairthere and Aftermath,

Thank you for reviewing some of Dr. Bhatti's patient cases that posted on this thread. We totally respect your wish to see more Patient cases done by Dr. Bhatti and have started uploading/posting.

Please note that most of our patients come to our clinic in India from other countries (mostly North America and Europe) and after the HT, in most cases, these patients do not come back to India/our clinic. So, we do not get a chance to take the "after" pictures. We rely on pictures that our Patients are kind enough to send us. Just an FYI.

Thank you.

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Not enough great examples for me. Two or 3 look decent.

Unfortunately the 3000 graft Caucasian guy (the UK rep) is clearly using concealers in his after shots.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri.

I am in agreement with this, I think I want to see more results and more clear and high definition photos of patient results, including graft placement.

I do think he has made many people happy, especially considering his very low cost. But I can't remember seeing a wow! type of homerun result from him.

Also some have said that his hairlines are not personalized for the individual patient and are "cloned" across the board.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172298-dr-bhatti-hairlines.html

And lastly this particular recent case bothered me as the patient was very young, and I question the amount of hairline lowering and the low-density approach taken:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175221-1700-grafts-hairline-13-days-post-op-stressing-out.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

California,

Hsrp brings up a point that I've heard several times before: patients noting the uniformity of Dr. Bhatti's hairlines. While I really haven't noticed this myself, especially because Indian patients would likely require a wider, more rounded hairline in general, I think it may help if Dr. Bhatti clarified his hairline design practices. Can you ask him to share how he designs hairlines for each individual patient?

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Looks like the work is clean but not sure it's up to the standards of

Some of the Dr's recommended on this forum.

California,

Hsrp brings up a point that I've heard several times before: patients noting the uniformity of Dr. Bhatti's hairlines. While I really haven't noticed this myself, especially because Indian patients would likely require a wider, more rounded hairline in general, I think it may help if Dr. Bhatti clarified his hairline design practices. Can you ask him to share how he designs hairlines for each individual patient?

Thanks!

Hi Blake,

I have asked Dr. Bhatti to respond to this. Please note that Dr. Bhatti is currently travelling in the UK until June 25th. I have emailed him and am hoping that he will get a chance to check his emails soon and respond.

Will keep everyone here posted.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm not knocking the Dr. Bhatti's work but compared to the limited amount of Dr's that are allowed on this limited almost "cult like" network, it just does not seem that the standards meet the level of this network. Any comments???

I'm not knocking the Dr. Bhatti's work but compared to the limited amount of Dr's that are allowed on this limited almost "cult like" network, it just does not seem that the standards meet the level of this network. Any comments???

I have already made my comments, but I feel this site is now under increasing pressure to accept Dr. Bhatti in because more and more patients are going to him as his prices are very low.

I think this is becoming an unfortunate trend here, and wish as you state that the recommended list remains an elite one including only the best of the best.

Otherwise this site will fail to serve the great function it once did.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

I have already made my comments, but I feel this site is now under increasing pressure to accept Dr. Bhatti in because more and more patients are going to him as his prices are very low.

I think this is becoming an unfortunate trend here, and wish as you state that the recommended list remains an elite one including only the best of the best.

Otherwise this site will fail to serve the great function it once did.

Hi hsrp,

Thank you for your comments. With all due respect, I want to bring to your attention the fact that I don't believe that it is even possible to "pressure" the stake holders of this forum in pushing a doctors recommendation. Just because Dr. Bhatti is very popular among the HT Patients and his charges are "lower", I am sure that that will play absolutely no role in whether Dr. Bhatti earns the recommendation of HRN or not. Dr. Bhatti's charges might be "cheaper" by the Western standards but he is one of the most expensive HT Surgeon in India.

I am not trying to kiss up to this forum. I am just stating the honest truth, from my personal experience. You having gone through the hair loss trauma yourself, would know that for a "once in life time" event like HT, choosing a HT Surgeon just because of his/her "lower price" would be a recipe for doom.

My request to the users of this forum is to judge Dr. Bhatti by the quality of his work, by his patient results and by the satisfaction level of his past patients.

Thanks again for taking the time to review. Your comments are appreciated.

Best regards.

It cannot be denied that one of the major factors for patients choosing Dr. Bhatti is low cost, especially those travelling from Western countries.

If he's producing the same high-level quality work as Dr. Bisanga, Lorenzo, Konior, Hasson and other elite surgeons I would like to welcome him as a recommended surgeon myself.

Honestly I've yet to see that level of results on a consistent basis, and would like to see better documentation and photos from the clinic.

Recently it came to our awareness that one recommended surgeon here is actually producing sub-par results and somehow slipped into recommendation under the radar.

That is why I hope we are continuing to keep the bar at a very high level for future recommendations to protect patients.

Btw, both you and I know that Dr. Bhatti was brought up for recommendation in the past and failed to meet the grade, I was not impressed by those facts as well.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168866-dr-bhatti-coalition-membership.html

As someone who has experienced a failed HT and been forced to live with a horrible scar my life, and also have had the great experience of being repaired by an amazing surgeon recommended on the HRN, I know how important it is to help people avoid making the same mistakes I did.

go dense or go home

It cannot be denied that one of the major factors for patients choosing Dr. Bhatti is low cost, especially those travelling from Western countries.

If he's producing the same high-level quality work as Dr. Bisanga, Lorenzo, Konior, Hasson and other elite surgeons I would like to welcome him as a recommended surgeon myself.

Honestly I've yet to see that level of results on a consistent basis, and would like to see better documentation and photos from the clinic.

Recently it came to our awareness that one recommended surgeon here is actually producing sub-par results and somehow slipped into recommendation under the radar.

That is why I hope we are continuing to keep the bar at a very high level for future recommendations to protect patients.

Btw, both you and I know that Dr. Bhatti was brought up for recommendation in the past and failed to meet the grade, I was not impressed by those facts as well.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168866-dr-bhatti-coalition-membership.html

As someone who has experienced a failed HT and been forced to live with a horrible scar my life, and also have had the great experience of being repaired by an amazing surgeon recommended on the HRN, I know how important it is to help people avoid making the same mistakes I did.

hsrp,

Thanks again for your candid comments. As far as price is concerned, I have seen HT Surgeons in India offer HT at less than 50 cents per graft. Question is....should that price make those doctors "attractive" to the HT Patients?

In regards to Dr. Bhatti being "considered for recommendation for HRN and ""failing"" the grade", I am sure that you would know that that had absolutely NOTHING to do with Dr. Bhatti's skills as an HT Surgeon and/or his patient results. Concerns were raised at that time about the way Dr. Bhatti runs his business. We have made sure that each and every concern that was raised, was addressed and satisfied. Your comment about "Failing the grade" could make folks that don't know the background believe that that had something to do with Dr. Bhatti's patient results. You and I both know that that is just NOT true.

Again, I have a tremendous respect for the due diligence done by the folks running this forum and the strict recommendation process that they have put in place. I cannot imagine anyone "slipping" through this stringent process. Dr. Bhatti really does not need to "slip in" anywhere. With over 400 FUE procedures done by him (himself) in 2013 alone, he has earned his status among the best known and well respected HT Surgeons in the world. I request you to put "Bhatti" in the "search" field of this forum and then take some time to go over the scores of Dr. Bhatti patients and their results. Patient results are the best gauge of a doctors success or failure.

Thank you.

hsrp,

In regards to Dr. Bhatti being "considered for recommendation for HRN and ""failing"" the grade", I am sure that you would know that that had absolutely NOTHING to do with Dr. Bhatti's skills as an HT Surgeon and/or his patient results.

Yes you are right! It was about something even more important, his integrity.

You want to rebuttal that one too?

go dense or go home

Yes you are right! It was about something even more important, his integrity.

You want to rebuttal that one too?

hsrp,

I am shocked at your statement. I am struggling to imagine how you can make that comment about someone that you don't know at all!!!!

What do you know about Dr. Bhatti's integrity???? Have you dealt with Dr. Bhatti? Have you seen him or spoken to him? Have you been his Patient? Has he hurt you in any way, shape or form? Has he wronged you? How can you be so judgmental? Integrity is a big word. You are questioning the integrity of a person whose patient from Australia sent me a Private Message on this forum stating "Dr. Bhatti is an angel that walks the earth". I can copy/paste that message for you. Similar sentiment has been shared by many folks that have come into contact with Dr. Bhatti as his patients. Please go back to the first post on this thread by Bill and read what he has to say about the "reason for not recommending" Dr. Bhatti in the past. A lot of it had to do with some internal politics within the Hair restoration surgeon association of India. What has that got to do with Dr. Bhatti's integrity?

If you have an agenda against Dr. Bhatti, I request you to be honest about it and come clean about it. Challenging someone's "integrity" without an iota of proof to back up that serious allegation is wrong, un-ethical and immoral.

I hope you prove to everyone that you are a good human being by apologizing to Dr. Bhatti for this hurtful comment.

FYI

Dr. Bhatti has been invited to co-host the Seminar on FUE Hair transplant being hosted by Dr. James Harris during the Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) ISHRS Meeting this year (2014). Dr. Scott Boden is also on the panel.

Dr. Bhatti is currently authoring a chater on "FUE Disaster" in Dr. Sam Lam's path breaking book on FUE, the first FUE book ever.

Again, this is NOT a Surgeon that need to "slip" under any radar or whose integrity is in question.

Thanks

I have absolutely nothing to lose or gain from his recommendation, except for trying to help young patients like this one.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175221-1700-grafts-hairline-13-days-post-op-stressing-out.html

Can you say the same? You and the clinic have additional monetary gains from a potential recommendation so you clearly are the ones with an agenda.

You are going overboard to try to defend your doctor when his results etc. should speak for themselves

He was denied recommendation in the past due to behavior this site did not like.

That is a fact. I wasn't going to mention his past failed recommendation until you continued your aggressive defense.

go dense or go home

It all boils down to the results and I have yet to see a result that warrants this surgeon's inclusion in a list that predicates itself on being the best of the best. The results I have seen range from underwhelming to average at best. The hairlines are not artistic or tailored to the individual, and some appear rudimentarily drawn straight across on the the patients head. I would clock these as transplants from 25 paces.

Invariably, the most common argument in favor of this surgeon has been his rock bottom prices. I hope that these posts to solicit responses from the community are more than just a matter of course and formality before someone is accepted. There have already been serious questions raised about a few existing surgeons on this board, so all future recommendations need to be of the highest caliber.

I have absolutely nothing to lose or gain from his recommendation, except for trying to help young patients like this one.

Can you say the same? You and the clinic have additional monetary gains from a potential recommendation so you clearly are the ones with an agenda.

You are going overboard to try to defend your doctor when his results etc. should speak for themselves

He was denied recommendation in the past due to behavior this site did not like.

That is a fact. I wasn't going to mention his past failed recommendation until you continued your aggressive defense.

hsrp,

You really should know better than showcasing a Patient who is not even 2 months post-op as a "bad" case. I suggest that you make that judgment after seeing this patients results 8 months post-op.

Please go back and read your posts on this thread. I did NOT bring up "Dr. Bhatti's previous potential recommendation" on this site. You did.

Last but not the least, let me remind you that you are not the person that runs this forum and hence you do NOT really know any "details" about Dr. Bhatti's past recommendation on this site. Now, if you claim to be an expert on the internal politics of Hair Restoration Surgeons Associations of India....then I might listen to you.......

Since obviously you don't think that you should be apologizing to Dr. Bhatti for your hurtful comments, I believe that this communication here (between you and myself) is not constructive. I wish you all the best. God bless you.

Thanks.

California,

These posts are usually for veteran HT patients and forum members to discuss their candid opinions, usually between the mods and the forum members.

In all my time here I have never seen a doctor rep try to take such an aggressive stance towards recommendation.

You are not liking the response you are hearing from a lot of members, and you are going on some over aggressive attack campaign on everything I say.

Your best move would be for the doctor's results etc. to speak for themselves.

I am totally soured on the recommendation now.

Btw I will continue to defend young patients from being wronged any day of the week.

go dense or go home

It all boils down to the results and I have yet to see a result that warrants this surgeon's inclusion in a list that predicates itself on being the best of the best. The results I have seen range from underwhelming to average at best. The hairlines are not artistic or tailored to the individual, and some appear rudimentarily drawn straight across on the the patients head. I would clock these as transplants from 25 paces.

Invariably, the most common argument in favor of this surgeon has been his rock bottom prices. I hope that these posts to solicit responses from the community are more than just a matter of course and formality before someone is accepted. There have already been serious questions raised about a few existing surgeons on this board, so all future recommendations need to be of the highest caliber.

Thank you for your comments.

Wanted to share some of the posts by Dr. Bhatti's patients on this forum with you and everyone else:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...arh-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170853-4346-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...-progress.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...00-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...87-grafts.html

Hair Restoration Journal for Questionmark - Before surgery

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170200-3000-grafts-fue-hair-transplant-dr-bhatti-chandigarh-india-02-04-2013-a.html

Thank you.

Edited by California

I have seen more than enough of Dr. Tejinder Bhatti's work. I believe he should be recommended by this forum. He is the best FUE surgeon in India and South Asia. His experience and results are very good.

Thumbs up for Dr. Bhatti,

Great work & wonderful results.

Regarding Photography, I will suggest that it will be a good idea of pre & post pictures have same dimensions & lighting source, which can give a better picture of difference.

Anyways, Thumbs UP for Dr. Bhatti.

Dr. Muhammad Khawar Nazir

Dermatologist, Cosmetic, LASER & Hair Transplant Surgeon

Lahore, Pakistan

Great work & amazing results.

Regarding photo documentation, my thought is that better to have pre & post procedure pictures with same dimensions & same lighting source, which can enhance the comparison.

Anyways, THUMBS UP for DR. Bhatti