How many grafts i need to lower hairline

I do not have any hair loss. I was just born with a unusually long forehead.

I wanna fix that. As i wear bangs to hide my forehead. My mothers father and my father did Not have any hair loss, so i guess im safe.

I wanna lower the hairline to the max (i know grafts cant be placed in forehead muscles)

Here is some pictuers that i edited with a new hairline its just an example of how i wanna lower my hairline. I want to lower the hairline as much as possible.

1555860_10152071595887671_144831980_n.jpg.3f4b2577a1cf5aa71cc4e8aaba61726c.jpg

10154646_10152071598537671_965434844_n.jpg.01ba282eee11b86627601bf0a65b0646.jpg

Edited by proffen20

My honest opinion, your hairline does look high but just slightly. I think it's for two reasons: 1) the right side of your hairline is higher than the left, 2) your hairline seems to go up towards the center (instead of downward).

I think if you were to hypothetically get a HT, you could just match the right side with the left, and then level out the front so that it dipped down slightly instead of up, and you'd probably be pretty satisfied.

The amount you lowered the entire hairline is very extreme and unnecessary IMO. I don't think you would find a doctor who would do that, but even if you did it's better to start out conservatively. For example, if you did what I suggested above and like it... great, you're done. If not, you can still go from there.

With that said, because you're interested in getting a HT your first coarse of action should be to get on a solid treatment plan. A HT is a lifelong commitment. It is a big responsibility. If you did a HT to accomplish what you showed here, but did not do sufficient preventative measures, you would dig yourself into a big hole. The hairline you have now will recede. How much? Only time can tell. There are plenty of celebrities who were NW1 in their mid to early twenties and then suddenly over the course of a few years receded to NW2-3 or greater.

Don't take for granted what you already have :)

You are too young IMO to know if you will have hair loss. I think you should skip it, but to answer your question, probably 2500, but it wont be as dense as your native hair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How old are you by the way?

I don't think it's a question of if you will lose hair in the future, but rather how much hair. It is very rare to not experience significant hair loss as you age. If you're banking on it not happening, that's a very bad bet. I'm assuming you're around 18. In all probability you will be NW2-3 by 25.

The only way a reputable HT doctor would do work on you is if you're at least 18, have been on a solid treatment plan (with Finasteride) around a year or more, and then only for a conservative approach like maybe the one I suggested.

In other words, if you find a doctor to lower your hairline as much as you've shown, it will probably turn out poorly because the doctor will be a hack... not to mention you will have set yourself up for a nightmare later on down the road.

I mean, what everyone else said. It would be one thing if you were 30 and your hairline had literally never budged, but you look much younger than that. It's possible that that's just your natural, non-MPB hairline, but that's also a hairline that could be in the early process of receding. The hairline you're proposing is very, very extreme. If you have even moderate hair loss, it would be a catastrophe.

Also, transplants aren't perfect. You can't get original density. Sometimes the donor hair isn't a perfect match for the characteristics of the native hairline hair. You can get shock loss, etc.

Bottom line: your hair looks great. Give it a few years. If you do have MPB and your hairline moves, you can get a realistic transplant then. At this point, you'd be firing blind and could end up with a disaster on your hands. Also, it's kind of a moot point, because no decent surgeon would do what you're asking. Give Rahal or Konior a ring in 2018 if it's still bothering you.

We understand you, we're just saying that doing what you're proposing would be incredibly stupid nonetheless. If you were 30 it would be another thing, but you're proposing a game of Russian roulette. At 19, I would be shocked (and horrified) if any reputable surgeon agreed to give you that hairline. Any surgeon that would agree to do this for you probably isn't very good, and the odds that you'd be appalled by the outcome would be pretty high.

So: we understand where you're coming from, but that doesn't mean any of us think it's not a crazy idea.

There is no way any surgeon would give you a hairline like your after. It would not be like your original density, so would actually stand out and look pretty odd.

I would be looking at styling options not a hair transplant. We had someone on here not so long ago lower the hairline pretty much like yourself, they regretted it straight after !

Most of us recreate our original hairline where possible. Although many people have to settle for higher and a more mature hairline.

In your case you have no hair loss and you want to go lower than you naturally have.

Out of curosity have you measured your forehead to see if it falls within the normal range? IE between eyes to hairline ?

Don't go for any HT at your age - dude there are other aspects of personality you should focus on at your age. You are way too over ambitious with your hairline. The problem that I see with your hairline is that it does seem to be symmetric and you do not have good temples. If you are too bothered with your hairline, go and ask a surgeon for symmetry and temples- 1200 grafts should do. Don't be over ambitious. My grandfather at 85 has head of hair like yours (so is my father) but I am an N6 diffused thinner - you don't know actually when anf from where genes and/or other factors come into play.

Thats not good to hear. I know im over ambitious but i feel that i especially need to fix my weak temples (had that since birth) and some work on the hairline seems fair enough.

The before and after was just an example.

We understand you, we're just saying that doing what you're proposing would be incredibly stupid nonetheless. If you were 30 it would be another thing, but you're proposing a game of Russian roulette. At 19, I would be shocked (and horrified) if any reputable surgeon agreed to give you that hairline. Any surgeon that would agree to do this for you probably isn't very good, and the odds that you'd be appalled by the outcome would be pretty high.

So: we understand where you're coming from, but that doesn't mean any of us think it's not a crazy idea.

This.

no, i think your hair looks great, i think that's what we are are saying- i know that its hard to think of the future and long term "plan" but you will not be happy if you invest in 400 grafts to nail down the corners and give yourself a "juvenile" hairline and 5 years later when your hairline matures those grafts are floating in no-man's land when the rest of you native hairs mature. a "mature" hairline looks good when we age, and by no means am i saying that you have a "mature" hairline now, its fairly straight across. everyone's hairline is different from birth, even young guys like you with no balding have different patterns in their frontal zone, corners etc. i would hold off on surgery and keep tabs on your hair and when/if you start losing hair, i would start on propecia which is an extraordinary hair-medication and go from there. you are in great shape, don't sweat it.