Dr. Hasson/6340 Grafts/One Pass/18 Months/FUT

Dr. Hasson and I made a quick trip to Italy last week to conduct consultations and to see former patients for follow up documentation. It was a very crazy trip that we crammed into five days round trip (two days of travel,100 patients total).

One of the patients that came to see us for a follow up visit was the patient shown below. 6340 grafts were moved in one procedure via FUT. He basically wanted the best result possible with the most grafts possible. Dr. Hasson and his team addressed every area that showed weakness. I will note in advance that there is no photo from the back to show the crown because quite frankly, I forgot. I was rather taken back by the volume of hair and there were many others around trying to get a look so it was a fairly distracting scenario. Regardless, you can see from one image that the crown was addressed with great success.

Patient age at time of surgery - 30

Patient age at time of follow up - 32

Medication history - Propecia for 9 years at time of surgery.

Graft breakdown:

Singles - 1758

Doubles - 4293

3/4 - 289

Total - 6340

98091_4cfa0f_b3bf4a.jpg

98098_9297ba_7cfb05.jpg

98102_eda4c9_a49a8e.jpg

98108_e70d21_ba8dfd.jpg

98111_64132e_5e87a1.jpg

98117_664c6c_ddbdda.jpg

98123_828f75_cb7712.jpg

98129_757aed_69f164.jpg

98133_eda4c9_642d0a.jpg

98136_88d4ad_d7d986.jpg

98139_74ab87_8b83d8.jpg

Edited by Jotronic
Adding additional info

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Very, very nice result Jo. Any info on his age or when/if he started fin? Nobody does megasessions like H and W IMO. Your donor removal technique is great. I feel like it is unique in the shape of the excision. Do you feel that the sharper curve to the upper portion of the donor area on the sides allows you to pull more grafts?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you all for the comments.

Spanker,

I updated the initial post with the information you asked for. I am reposting here as well...

Patient age at time of surgery -30

Patient age at time of follow up - 32

Medication history - Propecia for 9 years at time of surgery.

Graft breakdown:

Singles - 1758

Doubles - 4293

3/4 - 289

Total - 6340

Regarding the donor extraction, yes I believe it is unique in that Dr. Hasson, as well as Dr. Wong tend to not stick to a standard pattern when performing the removal. They will follow the best hair of the donor zone (higher density, stronger caliber) which, more times than not, will be higher up on the sides but not quite as high as the parietal humps. This avoids hair that may be of lesser quality due to current or future retro-grade alopecia.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic,

Congratulations, this looks like a fantastic result. Do you know approximately what density this will have been planted at? Are there any other factors that would have contributed to such a dense result, eg hair characteristics, or would you primarily attribute it to the density of the planting?

That's an awesome result.

I notice the patient had some work done in the crown too, I would have loved some grafts in my crown area too as well as a new hairline but was advised against this.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Extremely natural looking great result.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Complete knockout. No one but a seasoned NW spotter would ever guess that this guy has lost hair. What a mane! I'm guessing he's a little lucky in that he appears to have great donor characteristics--thick, coarse, wavy hair.