Hair thickness under harsh indoor light vs sunlight

I've always assumed sunlight shows hairloss at its worst. When I look at my hair in the mirror under a direct strong bathroom light and in the light in the elevator in my building it appears see through. Yet, in sunlight my hair seems quite ok. I'm a bit confused by this. Has anybody else noticed this? So are these lights stronger than sunlight? Would people not notice my thinning in sunlight if I don't see it in a mirror or with a photo? I've used the same mirror and camera to compare under sunlight and under these harsh lights.

Bathroom and office type lights are the harshest no doubt. Sunlight is not as harsh. Overhead bathroom lights are so harsh that in my mind they are not representative of what one looks like 95% of the time. Even a full head of hair under these lights can look a bit see through trust me.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Density placed is a factor here as well. The more the density, the less harsh the light will make it look. If it looks like your bals in room lighting, then that is an issue simce we spend more time indoors vs outdoors. If you got people staring at your head indoors then its a problem.

I've even noticed that with toppik on my head my hair looks ok in sunlight but in certain indoor lighting, especially dimly lit rooms and under direct light it looks much worse. I've always thought that it's the contrast of direct overhead lighting vs. surrounding ambient light which is worse indoors.

Correct. Overhead lighting is usually gong to look worse, and I agree that even a full head of hair standing over a bathroom light can look a bit thin. Standing under harsh direct light is not a good representation of how people see you the vast majority of the time.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.