Dr Bisanga 3533 grafts (FUT)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an haircut the day before taking the pictures. Maybe to short actually.

Anyway, here are the pictures. I don't see improvement from last month. Again, it is hard to say if there is any as it depends also on the light. At least this time it is not as visible as in previous month.

I read that growth can be stagnant for a while. I experiences fast growth between 4th and 6 month, maybe this month it needed to rest a bit ;)

5b32e23faec88_07month01.jpg.21992a31423fa5a682183f289b9c087a.jpg

5b32e23fc4c92_07month02.jpg.594d444f4aea5b3b753d677d3835a9aa.jpg

5b32e23fda4a5_07month03.jpg.4dcdb2faf454e6ed64cd864e7a1780d5.jpg

5b32e23fe9e93_07month05.jpg.26bd260c7184e6165a4da8a743bc22b0.jpg

Dear Tony,

The decision to start with 3500 grafts FUT and by a very experienced surgeon was excellent.

Even if you had no growth from this point - which is unlikely - , I believe you are in very good shape.

The density is pretty good. Starting with FUT has left you with an excellent donor area for the future.

Depending on skin elasticity, you could have another FUT or decide to have a large session of FUE to fill in the rest of the area.

I believe very much in sound surgical treatment plants as much as good surgical technique and you look like a good example.

Congratulations.

Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Just got an haircut the day before taking the pictures. Maybe to short actually.

Anyway, here are the pictures. I don't see improvement from last month. Again, it is hard to say if there is any as it depends also on the light. At least this time it is not as visible as in previous month.

I read that growth can be stagnant for a while. I experiences fast growth between 4th and 6 month, maybe this month it needed to rest a bit ;)

You have the right attitude about it. Maybe it just needs a little rest in month 7. I keep reading that full results really aren't seen until months 12-18, so continued patience is important. It looks a lot better than when you started, especially from the front. He has created a nice, natural hairline for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There we go for the 9 month update.

Light does change a lot the way hair look. I did not realized that in the past. Now I see my hair denser or less, darker or grayer...anyway, overall it looks good as I continue to get nice comment when I meet with people I have not seen in a very long time. They feel I have not changed much and even that I look younger than last time we had met. I like those comments !

My challenge now is to find the right length and style for my new hair, a problem I am happy to have to deal with :)

In the past few month I tend to have my hair quite short and maybe it is not the right thing to do. The hair tend to stay strait up and maybe by keeping them longer they will fell differently and it might look better. I comb them on a side which is new to me. When I had more hair I used to comb them to the back and then with having less, to the front. Now to the side.

If anyone has recommendations on how long to keep them and how to comb them so that it looks the best way possible, don't hesitate. I imagine many of you had to find your style and maybe you have some learning to share.

Happy new year to all !

5b32e39876659_09month01.jpg.8550e84143de289e1fef7c24a432916a.jpg

5b32e39894f4c_09month02.jpg.e174db0159e8a5777ad33d949b0a3561.jpg

5b32e398a9236_09month03.jpg.3bfd3fef62d523874c6dfc8afd193258.jpg

I'd try a little longer but not too much. You still have a little marketing to do.

Also, I think another 2k grafts would be a great top of to that result.

Looks great though, and I think the side part is the best way to go.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Tony, just looked back at your pre-op pics and I've got to say you've come a heck of a long way!

With a bit more thickening and maturing to come, this looks to be a really nice result.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Tony, this is a significant cosmetic improvement from where u started, the next three months you might e even see more thickening and denser look which would make this an amazing success. However even if it remains as is, this is still a very very nice result. Congrats. Are you planning a second op , or are you satisfied .

Looking good Tony.

Sorry I missed your earlier question. Once you get to the 1 year mark it will be time to experiment with hairstyles and what will suit you best. Nearly all guys go back to the hairstyle they used to have before whether it is the best look for them or not. You will find that a certain length works for you and whether brushing it across from one side, back or forward and only practice will find out.

Your hair and style will determine the best length and I would grow it out from now. When it gets too long you will know.

Have fun with it.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 4 weeks later...

Good times ! I am happy.

So here is the 10 month update. I think the is some more thickening and having my hair a bit longer looks better. Exciting to feel it is not over yet :)

Thanks to all for your positive feedbacks!

@ Garageland: Thanks for your advice, I'll wait a couple of month more to see what hairstyle might be the best. It is the fun part to have to try out hairstyle when I had just no hair.

@ Delancey: Sorry but I don't have the answer to your question. I remember discussing the different planned density at the front and behind with Dr Bisanga, but I do not remember what we said. I simply followed his advice and feel I was right. I'll ask anyway, maybe it is somewhere in my file.

@ Spanker: Not sure yet if I'll do a second HT. Probably not now. I am happy with the result and will certainly wait a few years to see if there is more hair loss on the sides and crown as I have decided not to use any products.

5b32e43996176_10month01.jpg.50e8ac98542a845b54b1c9eb68af27b0.jpg

5b32e439b8848_10month02.jpg.161b52c6a54622b45e17fb5a7a72dc54.jpg

5b32e439ebc8f_10month03.jpg.31386bf8777cd170f4e09fd3196af236.jpg

Looks great. Btw, you never said why all the docs did not recommend fue. Can you add to that?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks great. Btw, you never said why all the docs did not recommend fue. Can you add to that?

Hi Spanker. Well, FUE was not recommended (except by one Dr in Turkey who only saw pictures) for the following reasons, as far as I understand.

The surface to cover was quite extended and I have a relatively small head with a side density of only about 70 UF/cm2. Being 43 years old at the time of the HT it is possible that I might need another HT in the future and it seemed safer to keep the possibility to do a FUE later on. Doing a FUE now would diminish the density and make it possibly more problematic for a second one in the future.

I really wanted to get a FUE instead of FUT but eventually I was convinced by those different feedbacks I got, based on picture but also on Dr visits.

Hope it answers your question.

Take care.

• 1 month later...

There it is ! Finally, 12 month and I feel good.

I still meet people I have not seen since before the HT and they usually say they find me younger and looking good but without spotting the HT. Very nice to hear.

Very thankful to Dr Christian Bisanga and his team for a great job and fantastic followup from Carmen !

Here are the latest pictures.

5b32e5829eeb5_12month01a.jpg.e900d6b7cbef261735a42c5f146f2c03.jpg

5b32e582b78cc_12month02.jpg.5f9260f33c641a0f0549876ecaac147e.jpg

5b32e582cc7c5_12month03.jpg.e8a118c3296fdc03a5536d87262ed6cc.jpg

5b32e582df02c_12month04.jpg.c1706bdb77e7eed3cacf25afc34519d0.jpg

Hi Tony! It's looking good! Thank yo very much for sharing your journey with us.

Out of curiosity, who were the other doctors that you consulted with who said that FUE is not an option?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.