Dr. Radha FUT 3261 grafts (photo & word heavy)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Foligan supplement.

I apply 15% minoxidil once a day at night

1/5th Proscar (approx 1mg) daily.

apply bio-oil to donor scar in the mornings.

shampoo my hair every 2nd day. Between shampoo days I condition my hair with neem oil only.

for people who dont know, neem oil is great for hair. Its anti-fungal and very norishing and moisturising for hair. The down side, it stinks.

Following a few request for an update, I thought I'd oblige.

It's kind of "warts and all" update with the daylight and wet hair.

I'm at 4 months and 10 days, things are moving along well. Still have a lot of stubble growth hair on the left side that's yet to push through.

photos take on Samsung s4.

Wet hair after shower

IMG_20140916_200056_zpsig3t3vad.jpg

Dry hair 1 minute after shower

IMG_20140916_200400_zpss4ls2zli.jpg

Dry hair 1 minute after shower taken with flash

IMG_20140916_200302_zpsiivfkkox.jpg

Outside in the daylight sunny day

IMG_20140916_200550_zpsbe2f2mup.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I took high resolution photos, last ones were at 3 months. At 4 months & 20 days there's quite a lot of improvement

I've been getting a lot of pimples though, a massive one on my donor scar on the left temple and numerous small ones in the graft zones.

DSC_7826_zps6a192664.jpg

DSC_7819_zps565ccb3b.jpg

DSC_7822_zps602c9f58.jpg

DSC_7810_zpsc856ff31.jpg

DSC_7829_zps8c1fba17.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

5 months and 1 week

Thanks mikeey & pupdaddy

Experienced a surge of pimples in the donor and recipient areas at 4 months & 3 weeks. That lasted for 2 weeks. After pimples cleared there was a surge of growth.

Wet hair cover is decent, I'm not "hair self-conscious" nowadays when going for a swim

Dry

IMG_20141014_212138_zpsdncgh2tz.jpg

Wet

IMG_20141014_212110_zpswvifknuu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Its always good to look back on past photos to get perspective where I started from. I'm amazed looking back from where I was 2 years ago and now. The freedom and liberty of not worrying about my hair is the biggest payoff for me

Outdoors my hair is a little bit see-through on the front left under harsh sun but indoors there is not much issue if any. If I have no more improvement from this point on, I'd still be fairly happy so long as it stays like this for the next 15 years.

2 years ago before starting finasteride (using fin 15 months before HT)

1_zpsaa0a4544.jpg

6 months before HT

20130723_110720_zpsf32c7c53.jpg

5 months HT outdoors

2_zps0f26b7a3.jpg

5 months HT indoors (taken same day as above photo)

3_zpsa9552077.jpg

hey KO, I didn't take many photos pre-op and very few photos I did take were of the crown as it didn't concern me at all. My main concern was the hairline and mid-scalp. Luckily I think I've responded to fin for the crown.

I'm due for high res photos soon for 6 months mark. Update in upcoming weeks.

6 months pre-op (phone photo)

2_zps51fed527.jpg

3_zps9ae5ff67.jpg

5 months post-op (phone photo)

20141104_122134_zpsgyzp6nar.jpg

7c866bc1-1a70-4510-bf22-48d274439a17_zps499cbea9.jpg

Very interesting, that's what I was curious to see, in your initial photo on the first page it looked like you were pretty thick in the midscalp, but here it shows diffuse thinning in a 5A pattern. Was the first photo on concealers or does it just look thicker grown out?

I'll most likely be a nw6/7 witbout meds in 20 years, that's the nature of my mpb.

On my first page, I was sporting a combover type hairstyle and with concealer my hair looked ok. But if you look at the pre-op photos you'll see the extent of my NW5. When I styled my hair, the illusion of coverage was good despite large areas of balding.

Now 5 months after a HT it's almost undetectable that I have thinning when I use product and concealer. But day to day since the 5 month mark, I don't even bother styling my hair to conceal anymore, even when going out.

Meds has improved the crown only, it hasnt done too much for the mid scalp and nothing at all for the hairline.

With another 12 months to come to full maturation, it'd be interesting to see how thing look then.

Edited by Loags79

6 months now.

Rapid amount of change between 5 & 6 months with growth and thickening of graft hairs. Before the growth I experienced some extra shedding of graft hairs from 4 to 5.5 months then growth followed rapidly. Still getting a few pimples each week.

Styled my hair just to see what it looked like, it held up better than I expected. Looking like what it was when I was 25/6.

styled

IMG_20141102_113918_zpspkwlvce_edit_1414889118102_zpsw5ptv6sd.jpg

side

IMG_20141108_084955_zpsczkiygza.jpg

IMG_20141108_084941_zpsoygzwxzk.jpg

IMG_20141108_084920_zpszt85njcg.jpg

front

76c0ef24-b9fb-493c-a9d2-df5825f6ce5b_zps6be535b4.jpg

Hi Loags79,

Great to hear about your progress and success story with Dr. Radha. I'm also considering her for my surgery. I'm in New York now but hopefully will be going to here this December if dates work out. I have just emailed here but haven't heard back. I called her and she picked up and said she will check my email and get back to me.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I'll be able to have the same level of success you had. Is there anything specific you recommend before I go to India?

First of all, thank you for your excellent posts and photos. I wish we could all do as well as you in terms of documenting progress and sharing with others. Secondly, congratulations on your results. I am not only impressed with how the front is coming along, but I was also impressed with your last scar photo, which showed many hairs and groupings growing right through the scar. This must offer great confidence to wear your hair as short as you like.

Great job to you and your doc.

I take Foligain supplements.. type it in google and you'll find it. It's a good product, my hair and nails is much improved since I've been taking it.

The ingredients in your supplement are similar to a mixture of saw palmetto, zinc, and multi-vitamin that I started taking after my surgery, though the biotin in your supplement is off the charts compared to my multi-vitamin (1000 mcg vs. 30 mcg).

First of all, thank you for your excellent posts and photos. I wish we could all do as well as you in terms of documenting progress and sharing with others. Secondly, congratulations on your results. I am not only impressed with how the front is coming along, but I was also impressed with your last scar photo, which showed many hairs and groupings growing right through the scar. This must offer great confidence to wear your hair as short as you like.

Great job to you and your doc.

thanks for your comments hadenough2014

Dr. Radha does not post in this forum much, so I hope my case highlights her skill as a HT surgeon. Originally I was going for a FUE procedure, so it would've been incredibly interesting to see what results I would've had from FUE with Dr.Radha. But I opted for FUT instead after considering the yeild vs scar debate. In the future I will do a FUE procedure with Dr. Radha so I will document that if/when that happens.

The scar is very good so I hope to cut down to grade 2 in another month or so. Credit to Dr. Radha for perfecting the trichophytic closure technique.

I've been doing detailed documentation of my progress from day 1 post surgery to highlight the the real-life/real-time progress, not really knowing what the outcome was going to be like. But progress is beyond my expectations. I see other Dr.Radha progress doing quite well also.

I think my donor hair is very strong hence my early results but I also think the haircare regime I used helped my growth a lot too.

I used coconut oil on the scalp from day 15 to 3 months twice daily, I took fish oil twice daily, took Foligan supplements as per instructions, shampoo my hair with baby shampoo for the first 2 months and then used regular herbal shampoo every second day. Take 1mg Finasteride daily. I also use 0.25ml 15% minoxidil 3 times a week and 0.5mL 5% minoxidil every day. I also treat my hair with neem oil twice a week while showering.

Hope this info helps you and other people.

Edited by Loags79

Hi Loags79,

Great to hear about your progress and success story with Dr. Radha. I'm also considering her for my surgery. I'm in New York now but hopefully will be going to here this December if dates work out. I have just emailed here but haven't heard back. I called her and she picked up and said she will check my email and get back to me.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I'll be able to have the same level of success you had. Is there anything specific you recommend before I go to India?

If you are able to schedule a procedure with Dr. Radha you'll have a great result. Don't let the slow email communication put you off having procedure with Radha. I've always contacted her office on the phone if I needed something answer urgently. Are you doing FUT or FUE?

If you're doing FUT, I'd suggest the below:

- do scalp laxity exercises. This will get you an extra 300-500 hundred grafts.

- use betadine solution in your shampoo when you clean your hair.

- perhaps follow my hair care regime from the above post.

- wear a hat for the first 3months when you're outside to prevent sunburn or excessive UV light on the recipient area

- don't touch or pop any pimples unless they're still there even after 2 weeks. Use betadine ointment daily on pimples.

• 2 weeks later...