Skincare Regime, Chemical peel

What's anyone's thoughts on getting rid of lines/ wrinkles with peels like Glycolic or TCA.What is your daily skin care routine?

Could be Nice to know as i Also has some forehead wrinkles that i hate.

But not 1/10 as much as my hairloss

I would start with a low percentage glycolic acid peel first. 20% to start with for a few sessions. The stronger percentage ones need more downtime and are more invasive(redness and peeling!). TCA is known to be harsher and would need to be built up to. I use a glycolic toner(about 5%) nightly but it's not really a peeling agent by any means. Will be trying the 20% peel I bought very soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Mickey, I have used TCA before on myself, it wasn't too strong. It did sting and I had the baking soda beside me just incase, although it's suppose to be self-neutralizing.I did peel a bit but nothing that would make a difference.

I need to get back into a regular regime as my crows feet and forehead lines make me look much older and I hate them.I'm going to start the glycolic peel and do it twice a month, I can't really afford Botox sessions every few months.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

I've been using various combinations of apha hydroxy acids and salicylic acid over the years. I still get acne during the summer but these acids lessen it significantly. My skin is brighter, smoother, and clearer, although I do have some acne scarring. Sometimes i'm  using retinol instead of acids. I don't have any wrinkles, and I don't stay out in the sun. Now that I'm older my skin tends to discolor easily after a blemish, and acids lighten these marks. Mostly anyone does not rinse this one off but I like how my skin feels after I let it dry and put my moisturizer on.