Dr Feriduni - 2400 Grafts (28/04/2014)

Gents,

I'm on day 6 post surgery and I wanted to share my experience as I have gained so much insight and hope from the stories of others. Pay it forward and what not.

I had been thinking about a transplant for years but was too scared and chickenshi* to bite the bullet. For good reason. There are numerous charlatans in the Hair Transplant field who will happily take your money in return for a half as*ed job. The key is to do your research and link up with trustworthy knowledgeable vetted individuals who have your best interests at heart. I was fortunate enough to contact Spex and he has been a lifesaver! Admittedly I did my extensive research beforehand but Spex made it all happen once I made my decision to go forward with a hair transplant. My final rationale was low maintenance. I am a low maintenance kind of guy by nature. I spent some time in the USMC and my stomach churns at the thought of spending more than the minimal amount of time on personal appearance. Though I maintained and made some gains with the "Big 3", the front of my hair was thin and there was recession that no medication was going to restore. I noticed I would spend a lot of time in front of a mirror before going out, especially social gatherings. This wore on me and made me feel weak and narcissistic.

Eventually after gaining confidence in the FUE procedure and developing trust for Spex and Dr Feriduni, I did the damn thing. Looking back, I am so pleased that I did it, and even more pleased that I did my homework and found the right people to help me achieve my goals.

The entire procedure from start to finish was more pleasant than I could have imagined. I'm not saying there weren't slightly uncomfortable moments, because there were, i.e. application of local anesthetic, IV insertion, etc. That being said, these minor discomforts paled in comparison to the absolute excitement and relief I'm feeling now. I cannot wait to wake up, tussle my hair without the aid of a mirror, and know that all is well up there!

I attached my Day 0/1 photos. Please feel free to contact me via personal email (RECottrell1999@aol.com) and ask any questions, ask for pictures, etc. Please keep the emails pleasant as this is my PERSONAL email address. I'm just trying to be helpful here. :)

All the best!

Semper Fidelis,

Richard

5b32dee39d0fb_DSC_9194copy.jpg.9ed941ea59c79583256ef7f2b4e78a04.jpg

DSC_9122.jpg.bd594a8c4c0a5243a096c1aef8536d7c.jpg

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your case. The work looks very clean. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll continue to update us on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website