Sharing the Joy: 6000 FUE Power transplant

I'm a 45 year old man who had been battling hair loss since his mid 20s. I got divorced at 40 and finally a couple years back had some money to spend on myself. My baldness had really hurt my dating and life confidence. I was finally recovering financially and wanted my hair back...

I learned about Dr. Robert Jones on one of these sites and decided to head north of the border to try him out. My baldness was extensive a Norwood 5 or 6 I think. We decided on two 3000 FUE sessions. I'm not going to lie and say these were a breeze, but I always felt comfortable given the professional and caring treatment. And, they were so worth it! I can't overstate how happy I am with the result. Incredible. One of my top decisions ever. Thanks Dr. J.

I've attached some pics - before - after - and the grafts. If any of you men are considering going for a transplant, feel free to send me a message. I know its a big decision, and speaking to other men who had taken the plunge really helped me make mine.

5b32dee026c51_MailAttachment.jpg.12a34064b7cc446dfb32885f51259bc8.jpg

5b32dee03962c_MailAttachment-6.jpg.8322742fc8ae93a7e4607e7dcb43f99e.jpg

5b32dee0487fe_blackface-5copy.jpg.d088ce944dcbeb5d2145768e56fd1506.jpg

5b32dee05b9f6_MailAttachment-7.jpg.413c49d8620b36af7aca06cafa99242e.jpg

5b32dee06f0bb_MailAttachment2.jpg.813a130ca40faf0be4fa166df9d28c9b.jpg

5b32dee082e8c_MailAttachment3.jpg.8f3b6ee41ad7e396b4b5aa8432c7a9e4.jpg

5b32dee09cfc6_MailAttachment4.jpg.c52983d92375e072fc60ca0fb31f4e02.jpg

5b32dee0b279e_3000March2013Grafts.jpg.fa91d4d1888234b56a0fd624274636c9.jpg

5b32dee0c4152_3000FUEOct2013.jpg.ee6ddf3ab3513898a8c17209032048cd.jpg

Thanks for sharing. The result is great and very age appropriate.

I have a couple fo questions. Were you advised to take fin, use minox and nizoral and did you take that advise?

Do you have any pictures of the immediate post op scalp so we can see the graft placement?

Nicely done. Let's avoid the "power" and "ultra" sales terms though:) They are misleading with no scientific relevance.

6000 grafts is a huge job. This was a realistic estimate by the doctor. It looks very nice man. It's important for readers to understand that even a 3000 graft HT is a decent sized job so doing two of them is a very large commitment. But this large number is what it takes to get such results from OPs pre and post pics.

Are you happy with the donor area? Taking that many grafts FUE can effect the look of the back of the head for sure. Do you have any problems with this or does it blend well?

Nicely done. Let's avoid the "power" and "ultra" sales terms though:) They are misleading with no scientific relevance.

6000 grafts is a huge job. This was a realistic estimate by the doctor. It looks very nice man. It's important for readers to understand that even a 3000 graft HT is a decent sized job so doing two of them is a very large commitment. But this large number is what it takes to get such results from OPs pre and post pics.

Are you happy with the donor area? Taking that many grafts FUE can effect the look of the back of the head for sure. Do you have any problems with this or does it blend well?

Judging from his clothing he is either in sales or an executive, so I can understand the title and don't think it is a big deal or overboard. This is his thread, and not a clinic, and he is excited about it. If he were to write that it was his stupendous mega super FUE, that would be OK by me. I don't think it was meant to be a scientific reference. However, all of your points behind your objection are valid. That is a lot of grafts and a very big undertaking and a very expensive one. Glad he is really happy with his result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Red Chilli.

No I did not get finasteride or minoxidil prescribed afterwards, although I did use rogaine for several years before the op, with limited results. So what you see is all from the procedure. Unfortunately I do not have postoperative pictures.

Hi Patriot:

Haha, I guess I was excited about things. I'm not trying to sell anything, but if I knew this was possible I'm sure I would have "taken the plunge" earlier. I'm proud and want to share with other men who are struggling with hair loss.

I don't notice anything untoward or sparse with the donor area although I don't shave my sides too short. I stick to about a #2 shave

Spanker - thanks for the love