Hair transplant Philippines?

Hello im a male 23 year old from sweden.

I started to experience hairloss already at age 20 and its the "wings" on the side that got lost. however today im taking kirkland Minioxidil which i will stop doing when i run out since i now have Finasteride Teva (5MG which i cut down to smaller pieces)

The issue is still the hairline in the front and the wings as stated. i have a girlfriend in Philippines i will visit soon again and on the same time i was looking forward to do a hair transplant. i do find alot of different clinics but none recommended on this site and barely any information when i search around.

The most serious i found was

Dr. Frank Manzanares << seem really serious and know what he is talking about on email

link removed

but i found a thread on Hair loss forum form 2008 about stolen pictures

(Link removed by moderator)

on the same time i found a thread here where people recommended him

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138130-dr-frank-manzanares-fue.html

Anyone have any knowlength with Dr. Frank Manzanares?

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Du borde v?nta med en HT. Du ?r ung och ditt h?ravfall ?r i ett v?ldigt tidigt stadie. G?r du en HT nu kommer du nog ?ngra dig rej?lt senare i livet. Lycka till i alla fall!

since im taking finasteride my hairloss shouldent continue. instead pause itself at the current stage :)

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/PROF/PropeciaFinasteride/

at the moment i also take minoxid since i assume it helps to prevent more rapidly, untill the finasteride starts working

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/54/Minoxidil-5-3-Month-Supply/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic noone that have heard from him?

I do have found some nice things said about him but its a little unclear i would say. however If noone have any suggestions i guess i have to give him a try! :)

The price was very affordable and he seem to know what he is speaking about on email. The onlything that bothers me really was the thread about fake pictures.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159464-surgeons-philippines.html

HARIRI: (1761 posts, so i guess he have been around for a while)

There is one surgeon in manila where i heard many good feedbacks from him, his name is Dr Frank Manzanares and his clinic called MANZANARES HAIR RESTORAION CENTRE, thats his website

(Link Removed by Moderator)

Its in Ortigas Centre at Pasig city. I chatted with him before, he sounds a very professional doctor, many artists from ABS-CBN and GMA pinoy TV are goin for him.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138130-dr-frank-manzanares-'>https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138130-dr-frank-manzanares-'>https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138130-dr-frank-manzanares-fue.html'>https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138130-dr-frank-manzanares-fue.html

Monaco: (7posts, i guess not really reliable)

Well, I registered with this forum specifically to answer this question. I just had a (approx.) 2,800 graft strip method transplant procedure done by Dr. Frank Manzanares yesterday. Years ago, I had been in contact with another well-known hair surgeon in Manila, Dr. Andrew Pineda (Dr. Manzanares and Dr. Pineda are friends who go way back), but his clinic's location was way too far for convenience, and the spouse was hesitant at the time because my hair was certainly bound to look worse in a year or two.

Doing a search for Dr. Manzanares, I was initially discouraged that there were so many spam blog results in Google, which was probably a sad consequence of some over-zealous resellers sandbagging site after site with the same articles and write-ups on Dr. Manzanares.

I decided to visit him personally, and my initial meeting went very well. He answered all my questions and concerns very clearly and in excellent detail. I scheduled surgery, and he advised me take PT/PTT blood tests, and to start taking papayas and pineapples days before the surgery.

The surgery went faster than the expected 10 hours. It felt like having a neck lift at the back of your head due to the sudden tightness. In any case, I was able to drive home without problems. Some parts of the donor scar were still bleeding until earlier this morning. By around 12 noon, there was no more bleeding at all. It's now 10PM here and I think I've adjusted well. I didn't appear to have any swelling, and my head doesn't feel as tight anymore. The only thing I can complain of is that my sutures are a bit swollen and itching quite a bit. I wish they'd heal much faster.

I found Dr. Manzanares' staff to be solid veterans at their work. The whole procedure was efficient, non-stop, and you could definitely tell that they have had lots of experience. Apparently, 60% of their clientele come from abroad.

Today, I passed by to have one graft of 3 hairs that I scratched off by accident, reinserted (stored in contact lens solution). Thankfully, one of his staff was able to assist me in spite of them having another procedure today.

I'll be back in Dr. Manzanares' office in 6 days, for him to assess the scar's healing. While I certainly can't say anything for the results yet, so far, the transplant looks good, and I was satisfied with Dr. Manzanares and his staff's work. The cost was about US $1.54 per graft.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138130-dr-frank-manzanares-fue.html

HARIRI : (once again)

I said it many times to many Filipino members. Dr. Manazares is one of the only trusted Doc in hair transplant in my opinion in Philippines located in Pasig city Manila. However Dr. Andrew Pineda located in Makati City Manila is the superior one IMO but more expensive, also he does tri-closure for the scar. However these two surgeons are the only ones I would trust in Philippines.

I met Manazares personally when visited Manila and he was very professional and knew what he is saying, he reminded me of Dr. Path from Bangkok. He is alright to me, cant say perfect like Rahal or Bisanga or SMG or Feller, but very good.

Monaco is right. Many foreigners goes to him and may i say I know 2 celebrities and 2 politicians went to him from Philippines. The good thing about this DOC, his technicians are not fresh ones, they are very experienced and professional. Thats what I can say. And yes, he does FUE now by using the Choi implanter.

But If you want the best in Philippines then its (Dr. Andrew Pineda) for sure, however you need to have more money if Filipino. If Foriegner then it would piece of cake, cause HT surgery in Asia is very affordable due to currency difference. Its cheaper than Bangkok even for real :-)

Edited by Nickerian

I don't feel confident in these two clinics that you have mentioned. You should have no doubt about the clinic you choose to have perform such a life-changing act on your body. I urge you not to consider having an HT at all because you don't have the necessary information to consider making an informed decision. The reasons why the clinics are not mentioned here are apparent. With very little irrefutable documentation available to support your decision to pursue these clinics, I don't see any reason why you would take hair transplantation by these clinics seriously. Great bargains are objects that you are willing to consider as being a complete loss. Results are considered to be the proof that speaks on behalf of a doctor or clinic.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I don't feel confident in these two clinics that you have mentioned. You should have no doubt about the clinic you choose to have perform such a life-changing act on your body. I urge you not to consider having an HT at all because you don't have the necessary information to consider making an informed decision. The reasons why the clinics are not mentioned here are apparent. With very little irrefutable documentation available to support your decision to pursue these clinics, I don't see any reason why you would take hair transplantation by these clinics seriously. Great bargains are objects that you are willing to consider as being a complete loss. Results are considered to be the proof that speaks on behalf of a doctor or clinic.

Most doctors listed are from america, therefore there is most likely good once that are not listen.outside america.

I have seen posts about frank back in 2008 that's 6 years ago. and since i can find nothing negative about him except that someone that designed the website used stolen pictures, it probably means he does his job.

If a costumer is happy about a result, he tells 3 close people

If a costumer is unhappy he tells 27 people

(by statistics)

Finding nothing bad about someone who have been on the market for a long period of time is usually a good sign. You pay for something and you get what you pay for, nothing special. if you dont get what you want you tell everyone, thats how humans works.

My question was if someone had experiences with him, not to prevent him from getting costumers when you have no know length about him.

Im not saying he is good or bad, all im saying is that he seem serious and know what he is talking about, however i did found another serious one from philippines that seem to be more known "Julieta Peralta-Arambulo".

-----------------------------------------

There is only 20 doctors listen outside america in the "top list" and its only in 11 countries. while there is 196 countries in the world (depending who you ask) and there is noone listed of the high educated areas like sweden, norway, denmark and so on where they need licenses and permissions to even do the surgery.

Instead of saying that im too young (bjutatorp) keep on topic and read what it says. i already take medication to stop the hairloss to evolve.

Stating that i lack information and that i shouldn't do HT at all because i dont know how to do research is a bit childish (WHTC-7706631290), when i went here ask if anyone had experience about that clinic. 3 people reply all went offtopic instead of actually provide anything usefull, i did state why i wanted in philippines and i asked if anyone had knowlength about him, meanwhile ofcourse i keep looking for someone i feel better about

Edited by Nickerian

Looks like you came here not for advise but to convince others of a decision that you have already made. Good luck with that.

No not at all but the only suggestion i got so far was from you. the other 2 was rater to push me down instead of being helpful.

The reason why i didnt reply to your was because i was looking for someone in the philippines.

I didnt mean to push you down, just want to share my thoughts and advice you to not make a bad decision. Do more research and no quick fix. Good luck!

i do understand the risk. however i do take minoxidil for now and will continue for a year this is just because it works more rapid then finasteride. i will take finasteride for the rest of my life. already got a 5 year prescription. studies shows that people who take it usually regrow some of the lost hair up to 5 year after that you keep taking it because the effect of finasteride dissapear after 6+12 months and your hairloss would begin again.

It does work not only on the crown, which people that use rogain have noted on their hands. its just that the study was only aimed for the crown since people that havent started hairloss didnt applie.

This is why i will do the hair transplant at young age. since most studies shows that i shouldnt worry aslong as i keep taking the meds.

Male pattern baldness

As measured by hair counts, in a five-year study of men with mild to moderate hair loss, two out of three of the men who took 1 mg of finasteride daily regrew some hair. In contrast, all of the men in the study who were not taking finasteride lost hair. In the same study, based on photographs that were reviewed by an independent panel of dermatologists, 48% of those treated with finasteride experienced visible regrowth of hair, and a further 42% had no further loss. Average hair count in the treatment group remained above baseline, and showed an increasing difference from hair count in the placebo group, for all five years of the study. Finasteride is effective only for as long as it is taken; the hair gained or maintained is lost within 6–12 months of ceasing therapy.[2] In clinical studies, finasteride, like minoxidil, was shown to work on both the crown area and the hairline,[3] but is most successful in the crown area.

A recent 10-year study of 118 men treated with 1 mg/day finasteride for androgenic alopecia found that 86% of men continued to benefit from treatment over the entire course of 10 years—showing increased or stable rates of hair growth—and only 14% experiencing any further hair loss. Interestingly, it was found that subjects who showed the most hair growth in their first year of treatment were more likely to have better hair growth after 5 years, with nearly 69% of these patients experiencing continued growth; however, many of those who experienced no growth in their first year of treatment were found to improve later on. It was also found that subjects who were older than 30 years of age tended to have better hair growth in the long run, presumably due to having experienced more hair loss by that point in their lives in comparison.

• 1 year later...