7300 Graft Body Hair Transplant Ends 35 Year Restoration Struggle – Dr. Umar

This patient had been undergoing various forms of hair restoration surgery since the late 70s. These older procedures left him with poor cosmetic results that caused him to pursue additional operations. Any growth or improvements that he experienced ended up being transient. This journey lasted about 35 years until he finally found Dr. Umar’s videos on You Tube.

Since he no longer had adequate supplies of head donor follicles, achieving the type of coverage that was needed for his repair required the use of body follicles. Dr. Umar extracted a supply of 7300 grafts from the beard regions, chest, head and nape. These were inserted to fill in areas of sparseness by adding greater density to these areas, cover scars from previous procedures and to advance the hairline.

The follicles that Dr. Umar harvested survived and produced excellent yield. The extractions were performed using uGraft, the Advanced Follicular Unit Extraction technology that Dr. Umar designed himself. These punches include special features that enable the removal of unpredictably angled body hair to be safely harvested. And due to the creation of inverted wounds, scars are rendered to be as cosmetically insignificant as possible.

Here are photos of the patient at various views before and after his procedure. The images of the final results were provided by the patient himself.

facial-hair-to-head-transplant-02323.jpg

facial-hair-to-head-transplant-0356222.jpg

facial-hair-to-head-transplant-0332343.jpg

facial-hair-to-head-transplant-045622.jpg

The patient was so pleased with his results that he decided to make his own video describing his experience. He discusses a college reunion that he plans on attending and remarks that his new hairline looks the same as the one he had back in 1964.

His fraternity brothers would just be seeing an older version of what he looked like back then. And due to the results of his body hair transplant, it would simply appear that he had not struggled with hair loss since he last saw them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5AXcbfaYc&list=UUo8MYXIn54T5q-5XuzdLTNA&feature=share

If the video player is not showing above, it can also be accessed here.

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Amazing! You really have to view the video to fully appreciate what this gentleman has been through. His hair looks great today.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

This result is absolutely unreal. One of the densest/thickest hair transplants I have seen for quite some time. Exquisite hairline also. His hair is denser than George Clooney's... Bravo Dr Umar, love your work.

Massively improved and impressive.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I would like to see some pre-op pictures of this patients hair before it was shaved down. I always hate making comparisons when the pre-op photos are of a shaved head and the post-op photos are of the patient with his hair fully grown out. It's hard to tell in the pre-op photos what condition his hair was in (I'm not sure but I think I detect a scalp reduction) , but the post-op photos are indeed very impressive. Love to see repair results like these.

I would like to see some pre-op pictures of this patients hair before it was shaved down. .

That is what I was thinking.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

How is it that nobody commented on the Dr. Umar song? Great work (on the HT, too!).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Now that I've watched the video :o I see that this patient has really been thru the ringer. Numerous plugs, 6 scalp reductions, and a Frechet expander to boot! :eek:

But even thru all that he was fortunate compared to many patients who took a similar journey and lost most of their surrounding hair and were left only with plugs. He must be thrilled that he no longer has a barren mid scalp that is covered in scars.

I can't say enough about beard hair, it not only was a lifesaver for people like myself but is a great (and under utilized) resource for people with thin, fine hair who not only want more hair but want more volume and body to their hair. This guys journey is a blueprint of chasing one bad result with yet another and making a bad situation worse. He is very lucky he didn't go Norwood 6 as a result of the trauma he was putting his head thru.

Dr. Umar has been putting out fantastic results. Look at the facial framing and density. Folks should realize even higher norwood cases can achieve this with the right doc and hair combinations. Some folks still slam body hair as unnatural or they dont succeed in performing such surgeries, but this is living proof. Times are changing and in the hands of skilled docs, this art of fue is top notch and unbeatable. So this guy has a hairline that doesnt look extremely conservative nor balding or highly matured and he is living the life. Great job on the doc on giving him his life back. I am sure there are plenty others that would like to have their life back as well, that are waiting for this doc to work on them. Good job doc. I am sure no one looks at his hairline anymore or anything after your work.

Now that I've watched the video :o I see that this patient has really been thru the ringer. Numerous plugs, 6 scalp reductions, and a Frechet expander to boot! :eek:

Didn't he have flap surgery as well? 3 strip surgeries too.

Edited by Mickey85

Outstanding!!! Big respect to Dr.Umar. I cant believe my eyes!!! He is with no doubt the King of BHT :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Outstanding!!! Big respect to Dr.Umar. I cant believe my eyes!!! He is with no doubt the King of BHT :-)

No one is more prolific and daring when it comes to body hair. One other surgeon comes close but sadly he lacks the ethics and care.

This is, by far, the best body hair transplant I've ever seen...

35 years of transplants...i wonder how much did this man spent. A happy ending, which is great....

....and a great song to go with it.

Great result. But what a strange video. Feels scripted and the music is cheesy. I prefer Lorenzo's 'quiet' approach. I apologize for being overly critical of the video, but as someone who remembers all those Bosley infomercials of the 80s, I cringe when I see anything that even remotely reminds me of those dark days of hair replacement.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Great result. But what a strange video. Feels scripted and the music is cheesy. I prefer Lorenzo's 'quiet' approach. I apologize for being overly critical of the video, but as someone who remembers all those Bosley infomercials of the 80s, I cringe when I see anything that even remotely reminds me of those dark days of hair replacement.

I agree with the music. However I thought the patient's commentary was great, he has alot of character and sounds upbeat. Especially for a guy who has been through 30-something years of archaic hair surgery.

I agree with the music. However I thought the patient's commentary was great, he has alot of character and sounds upbeat. Especially for a guy who has been through 30-something years of archaic hair surgery.

I just thought it sounded scripted, which reminded me of a testimonial advert versus it being organic and off-the-cuff.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Phenomenal result! I think this is the best BHT reconstruction I've seen shared on the forums. Fantastic work, Dr. Umar!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If you look at hair transplant journals about body hair its always dr Umar who provides the detail on its research. This really gives a lot of hope to those who are balding patient or paitence who have low density hair transplants.

I hope India and Turkey can catch up to Dr Umar's skill. This will make it more affordable.

If you look at hair transplant journals about body hair its always dr Umar who provides the detail on its research. This really gives a lot of hope to those who are balding patient or paitence who have low density hair transplants.

I hope India and Turkey can catch up to Dr Umar's skill. This will make it more affordable.

Well so far when it comes to BHT, we got Dr. Hakan in Turkey and Dr. Bhatti in India. However I agree with you non of them can compete Dr. Umar BHT work. His secret of success is based on his UGRAFT tool. Have a look at it, this makes a lot of sense :cool:

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]