Greetings!

I am a 26 year old male who is sadly going through basic pattern of hair loss. I am about to be a type 2 on the Norwood scale. I have anonymously been doing research on plenty of blogs and forums. Everybody seems very knowledgeable about their hair loss. I am still trying to soak in as much as I can about a possible procedure. I would love to hear any input, suggestions, or comments about possible clinics. I am currently in California and have done research outside of the USA. Each clinic has its positive and negatives.

I would love to hear any insight you all could provide.

PLEASE ASSIST!

Thank you,

Curious.george

I went through my first HT at 33 back in 1996, and wished then that I could have done it sooner. Wearing a baseball cap to hide losing your hair sucks!

So I'll start by saying you're off to a great start having found this forum. It helped me make my decision immensely. I would suggest reviewing as many results as you can find on this forum, you'll learn a ton from the senior members here. Then make a list of doctors you think sound good to you from the list you find herein. And here's the next important point - talk with more than one. When you do, you'll find the one that feels right. I did, and just had my surgery last week. Very happy with what was done, but it wouldn't have been possible had I not found the forum.

Best of luck!

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

I went through my first HT at 33 back in 1996, and wished then that I could have done it sooner. Wearing a baseball cap to hide losing your hair sucks!

So I'll start by saying you're off to a great start having found this forum. It helped me make my decision immensely. I would suggest reviewing as many results as you can find on this forum, you'll learn a ton from the senior members here. Then make a list of doctors you think sound good to you from the list you find herein. And here's the next important point - talk with more than one. When you do, you'll find the one that feels right. I did, and just had my surgery last week. Very happy with what was done, but it wouldn't have been possible had I not found the forum.

Best of luck!

hi KD2020

i appreciate the response.

i got to admit. the baseball cap has been by best friend since my hair loss started getting notciaeble.

This forum has provided so much insight. but i am still trying to make my final decision on which clinic to invest my HT in. I am starting to compile my list rn.

you mentioned you just had your surgery last week.. was your most recent surgery with the same doctor from your 1996 surgery? just curious if you were content with your first surgery.

also, overall.. how did the whole experience with the surgery go. I am pretty nervous about when the day finally comes when i am on a surgical bed.:eek:

thank you,

curious george

hi KD2020

you mentioned you just had your surgery last week.. was your most recent surgery with the same doctor from your 1996 surgery? just curious if you were content with your first surgery.

also, overall.. how did the whole experience with the surgery go. I am pretty nervous about when the day finally comes when i am on a surgical bed.:eek:

My first surgery was actually two, 500 grafts each time, which was considered a lot back then. I was happy with it as it allowed me to get rid of the baseball cap ever since. However, it wasn't that many grafts, and I have lost other remaining hair since then, you can see the results in my profile photos. I also documented my visit here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley-new-post.html

As for the "whole experience with the surgery" last week, it went GREAT! I detailed it in the link above, but you have nothing to worry about. It was really painless. And with Dr. Cooley's office, I was able to pick out movies to watch, which was a good distraction. As I mentioned in the link above, I received 3,840 grafts this time and Dr. Cooley was there working the entire time (we didn't finish until 9:30pm). I can't say enough about the experience, it was that good.

Another forum member documented his visit that might help you as well, here's a quote from what he said about it: "I have a pretty high threshold for pain, but the idea of having a chunk of your scalp cut out is going to give anyone the willies. However, I literally felt nothing; absolutely nothing. I sort of drifted in and out of sleep and it was over before I knew it."

Check it out here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174448-2-800-grafts-dr-cooley.html

Good luck!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

I would love to hear any input, suggestions, or comments about possible clinics.

I would try and listen to each and every video at the link below.

The videos will not only allow you to narrow your list of doctors,

but the videos are educational in so many ways.

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 2 weeks later...
My first surgery was actually two, 500 grafts each time, which was considered a lot back then. I was happy with it as it allowed me to get rid of the baseball cap ever since. However, it wasn't that many grafts, and I have lost other remaining hair since then, you can see the results in my profile photos. I also documented my visit here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley-new-post.html

As for the "whole experience with the surgery" last week, it went GREAT! I detailed it in the link above, but you have nothing to worry about. It was really painless. And with Dr. Cooley's office, I was able to pick out movies to watch, which was a good distraction. As I mentioned in the link above, I received 3,840 grafts this time and Dr. Cooley was there working the entire time (we didn't finish until 9:30pm). I can't say enough about the experience, it was that good.

Another forum member documented his visit that might help you as well, here's a quote from what he said about it: "I have a pretty high threshold for pain, but the idea of having a chunk of your scalp cut out is going to give anyone the willies. However, I literally felt nothing; absolutely nothing. I sort of drifted in and out of sleep and it was over before I knew it."

Check it out here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174448-2-800-grafts-dr-cooley.html

Good luck!

Hey KD20202,

Glad to hear you're experience was painless and you had an awesome experience. I hope that when my big day comes i have such an easy experience. I have some worries about the length of the procedure. You said you finished at 930PM.. what time did you start?

You also mentioned you were able to watch movies.. does that mean you were upright the whole time of the surgery?

Did dr. cooley tell you that you needed 3840 grafts?

appreciate the response.

THANKS!

For a NW 2 looking for a great hairline, Rahal for sure!

I have researched much about Dr. Rahal and he is conveniently located in california which is a big plus for me.

One big thing i examined in Dr. Rahal's results are his hairlines. Hairline restoration is the most important thing im looking for. i want to be comfortable that Dr. Rahal can give me a undetectable hairline. Nothing too agressive.. I dont want to have to explain myself over and over again to people if i have had a HT. I want to feel confident in my hair, no matter how i style it.

Have you had a HT here?

Are you looking to get an extremely dense hairline or any hairline lowering with a great temple closure?

lol i believe everyone and their mothers is looking for that in this forum..

you got any suggestions where i can find a clinic that can do those for me?

thanks.

I would try and listen to each and every video at the link below.

The videos will not only allow you to narrow your list of doctors,

but the videos are educational in so many ways.

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

That link is awesome!!! alot of great doctors on there. i havent even gone through the whole site yet. but this is very helpful.

i can see that you've had procedures with 2 different doctors..

how was your experience? any reccomendations?

THANKS.

curiousge0rge,

Hey KD20202,

Glad to hear you're experience was painless and you had an awesome experience. I hope that when my big day comes i have such an easy experience. I have some worries about the length of the procedure. You said you finished at 930PM.. what time did you start?

You also mentioned you were able to watch movies.. does that mean you were upright the whole time of the surgery?

Did dr. cooley tell you that you needed 3840 grafts?

I had to be there at 7am, but that time was spent with Brandi first, going over what to expect and answering questions. Then, Dr. Cooley came in and we talked for a while, asked me about my goals and objectives, and drew what he suggested as a hairline based on that. They gave me a cup with a couple of pills (one was a valium, I believe). Then we went back to the room for the procedure, but I spent time picking out movies and selecting what I wanted for lunch. So we did not start that early.

No, I was not upright. You start out face down in a prone position, with your face in the horsecollar looking ring so they can prepare and remove the strip. Piece of cake, as I was basically out the entire time it was done. In the photo I attached, you can see the adjustable bed that you lay in (maybe its a type of gurney? I don't know the proper medical term, as I don't believe it had wheels). In the photo, you can also see the chairs for the team of technicians that, under microscope, dissect the strip into the grafts. He had a whole team of people doing that, there are more on my right in the photo that are not visible.

Once the strip has been removed and the sutures are in place, you turn over, and are laying on your back. In the second photo, I took a picture of the TV (the hand in the TV is from a scene in the movie Gladiator, which is the first one I chose to watch). Dr. Cooley has a 3 ring binder with a very large selection of movies to choose from! The last thing I selected to watch was the TV show Two and Half Men for laughs. It was a great distraction.

As for the number of grafts, I had paid for 3,000, but asked that if at all possible, get 3,500 instead. I paid for the extra 500 I asked for, but he actually was able to get 3,840, which I was extremely happy about!

I detailed the issue I faced in figuring out how many grafts in my post here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Yesterday marked one month post op. Time flies! Go for it, and before you know it, you'll be one month post op and happy to have had it done.

Best of luck!!!!

SurgeryRoom.jpeg.d2429f7ea809dd2b2bce3f0bd81d3c82.jpeg

TV.jpeg.c750d5b3f4b49d4285171fe030aad774.jpeg

If you are in California I would definitely recommend consulting with my surgeon, Dr. Parsa Mohebi. His work changed my life.. I got FUT with him. And I plan on eventually going back for a 2nd procedure at some point in the future. Check out my photos to see the difference his work has made on me.

You are at the right place, to do research and find the best docs.

Let me know if you have questions and please keep us updated.

Good luck!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• 2 weeks later...
curiousge0rge,

I had to be there at 7am, but that time was spent with Brandi first, going over what to expect and answering questions. Then, Dr. Cooley came in and we talked for a while, asked me about my goals and objectives, and drew what he suggested as a hairline based on that. They gave me a cup with a couple of pills (one was a valium, I believe). Then we went back to the room for the procedure, but I spent time picking out movies and selecting what I wanted for lunch. So we did not start that early.

No, I was not upright. You start out face down in a prone position, with your face in the horsecollar looking ring so they can prepare and remove the strip. Piece of cake, as I was basically out the entire time it was done. In the photo I attached, you can see the adjustable bed that you lay in (maybe its a type of gurney? I don't know the proper medical term, as I don't believe it had wheels). In the photo, you can also see the chairs for the team of technicians that, under microscope, dissect the strip into the grafts. He had a whole team of people doing that, there are more on my right in the photo that are not visible.

Once the strip has been removed and the sutures are in place, you turn over, and are laying on your back. In the second photo, I took a picture of the TV (the hand in the TV is from a scene in the movie Gladiator, which is the first one I chose to watch). Dr. Cooley has a 3 ring binder with a very large selection of movies to choose from! The last thing I selected to watch was the TV show Two and Half Men for laughs. It was a great distraction.

As for the number of grafts, I had paid for 3,000, but asked that if at all possible, get 3,500 instead. I paid for the extra 500 I asked for, but he actually was able to get 3,840, which I was extremely happy about!

I detailed the issue I faced in figuring out how many grafts in my post here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Yesterday marked one month post op. Time flies! Go for it, and before you know it, you'll be one month post op and happy to have had it done.

Best of luck!!!!

Thats awesome! I am really looking forward for my chance to have a HT. you're experience seemed so pleasant. almost like a spa day. That is what i am looking for. i dont want to feel like i am about to go through a surgery thinking about what could and could not happen. I want it to be easy and care free. Feeling confident in the results i will be getting.

How long did you do research for until you made the final decision?

I started looking in December 2013, and in Jan / Feb 2014 I visited a couple of the doctors. By the end of Feb 2014 I had made my decision and scheduled the appointment with Dr. Cooley's office. So I'd say a few months.

If you are in California I would definitely recommend consulting with my surgeon, Dr. Parsa Mohebi. His work changed my life.. I got FUT with him. And I plan on eventually going back for a 2nd procedure at some point in the future. Check out my photos to see the difference his work has made on me.

You are at the right place, to do research and find the best docs.

Let me know if you have questions and please keep us updated.

Good luck!

Yes, I am in california. I have not heard much about Dr. Parsa Mohebi. I am interested in seeing his results and his hairline work. Hairline is a big factor that comes up while i am searching for the right doctor.