2109 grafts- Second op with Dr. Hasson 16/04/2014

Dutch

Hello, exactly a week ago I had my second operation with Dr. Victor Hasson. I'm currently still here in beautiful Vancouver. First op was 4703 grafts.

No doubt I'll post pics when I get back home & also show you my results from the first op. My first operation was a big success. This time round I came back to thicken the crown and the second half of the scalp in general. Haven't been on this forum for a long time as I moved on with my life to an extent but owe my DHT brothers & sisters to share my results over the next months.

Dr. Hasson is immaculate with his attitude & comforting. His astonishing technique & magnificent skills really show when your hair starts to grow out so well. The results from the first op gave me so much confidence which I lost over the years. Now I can actually speak to people & chat to girls with more confidence. This confidence will come in handy with the new job I'm due to start next month :D

The entire team are truly amazing. Dr. Hasson's Angels really look after you on your day & post op. They ensured that any pimples are removed. Today I started applying vitamin E oil for any crusts that'll build up.

The 6 hours operation itself was pretty easy- the anaesthetic hurts a bit but nothing you can't deal with. I'm thrilled to be here once again to finish the journey I started 2.5 years ago. I'm still on propecia.

The first 3-5 nights post op are tricky but you get through them of course. Proper sleep is a fantasy.

Been taking in the sites & enjoying what this pretty city has to offer. If you have any questions, please ask! Happy growing!

after 3 ops with Dr Hasson myself i concur ur in great hands, and he is such a nice genuine guy! I had great results from him and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others! As for vancouver, having spent a total of 6weeks there over the years it feels like a second home! Dr hasson is the best in the world at what he does... giving people high on the NW scale great hair!

Looking good Dutch. You came a long way. Good luck man.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congratulations Dutch on your second session with Dr Hasson and thank you for kind write up about the clinic. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the whole process second time around.

I think once you have a success first time around and return to the same Doctor everything is made so much easier by the confidence in the result.

I spent 16 days in Vancouver last October eating take outs and still paying for it now, but it is a great city for walking around if the weather is good. How many more days are you there for?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hello David, thanks for the message. I fly out back to merry old London tomorrow evening. It's been a long 17 nights but worth it. Today I had the staples removed. What a relief!

The weather the last few days has been good :)

Tbh the build up to the op this time around was more difficult as I knew what I'll be going through: the flight, the waiting for the op, the sleepless nights & the staples digging in my head. The operation itself & recovery was easier this time around though.

Went in at 11am on the Wednesday morning & the operation began at midday, I had already had a chat with the doctor the day before. By 6:30pm I was all done. The first night wasn't too bad. About 5 hours sleep. First time around I didn't even get 2 hours sleep. Everyone was very nice. The girls were very caring.

Building up the courage & finally booking an operation for the first time is a very difficult thing. A lot of people may research for years but fear that day. The pain of looking older than your years & being mocked is what should drive you forward to take the plunge. At least that was my motivation. I actually looked 35 when I was 25 & it affects you so much & you feel unattractive & down.

I'm done with strip HTs now but in the future I may go for FUE- who knows.

Interesting, I think for many patients they usually have quite a feel good feeling immediately after surgery one is seeing that new hairline in place and the sense of relief for some in finally doing something about it after perhaps years of worrying and research. I think for you the recovery will be easier and in most cases patients are less anxious about the growth second time around as the confidence that it will grow in is there.

Glad to hear all went well and yes it is a nice feeling to get the staples out. Look forward to seeing your updates.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

That's true, you feel relieved you finally done something about it.

This time round I'm not worried about growth as I know it'll come in time. I'm actually back in London now on the way home.

Sad to have left Vancouver actually, very fond memories & I'll definitely put some photos to give something back because of good people that were the reason that helped me.

Hi Dutch long time no speak. Great to hear your success from first op but shame on you for not completing your first blog pal tut tut ha.

Joke aside I know the feeling of getting your life back you just want to put it behind you and forget it all I find it hard to complete my blogs but it has to be done for the greater good.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonker! How's it going?? Thought about you only a few days ago! You're absolutely right, I moved on & was lazy to update but will get round to putting photos from op one from every day life & in the outdoors.

Wait, you had another op with doctor Hasson & then with Dr. Wong??

Can't believe you've had 11k grafts, wow. Congrats, you hair looks quality from those last photos!

FUE might be my next adventure- don't have a clue who'd I'd go to. But definitely Europe or Turkey. Not travelling so far again.

great mate thanks. Yes I got greedy had 3 strips now 2 hasson 1 wong and I'm a bit of a laxity freak can have another 2000 roughly by strip then fue obviously.

Dr Hasson is quite conservative in my opinion looks at your big picture like all good surgeons do makes sure front and top are strongest as crown not a big deal but when you get a nice front you're perspective changes and I wanted a strong crown too so booked with Dr Hasson again unfortunately he had a accident day before surgery and he was off work so Dr Wong stepped in for me which made me one of only a few people to have both surgeons which turned out to be a bonus for me.

I asked Dr Wong if he needed fue surgery who would he have out of everyone in the world, he replied Dr Lorenzo in Manchester lol couldn't believe it but Dr Wong has studied fue and if that's his choice sounds like we have someone great back in uk.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Oh wow what a surprise, was wondering why you'd have both surgeons. You're a lucky man. I've almost ran out of donor already from strip so doubt it's worth doing it again for like a thousand grafts or whatever.

Funnily enough Dr Hasson praised Dr Lorenzo too & Dr Koray in Turkey. That's a huge compliment to both of those surgeons when Drs Hasson & Wong recommend you.

I do like their work even though I haven't really researched them since I've been away from here for so long. Like Dr Bisanga too. Can't believe in the couple of years I've been out of action, now I find a few more good men in Europe.

I'm going to get greedy & would like to lower the line one day if it's at all possible.

• 1 month later...

Pics 1-3 is how things are looking today. Scar is hidden. No redness.

Pics 4-7 show before the FIRST operation & one day post FIRST op. Wanted to give you an idea of how it was in 2011.

Pic 8 shows how the hair looked under harsh sunlight in August 2013 in Barcelona.

Pic1.jpg.b43ec636199cee3eca75d4c60be3c0ff.jpg

Pic2.jpg.659839cb6e6b6224db8510cf1120f1e7.jpg

Pic3.jpg.20b153f5ee44b2cb423ad77d3cf7a909.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg.1d5b56f082201587256c00e3c472fa1d.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg.37c326c5fe95f58d1c55bc9fa1e789d4.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg.81e2d5a67ffce04a7424a00c268a4435.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg.fe482975af1374795cd784c2e8cc2a09.jpg

Pic4.jpg.41431f60f03574b76c734a87f2919873.jpg

God shock loss is scandalous isn't it I've only just got mine back at 4 months crown takes ages to recover.

All on track though mate I predict month 6 will be good to watch.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yeah Bonker it's been quite bad especially the sides initially. The top I don't mind it thin now as that's what people are used to seeing me like anyhow & I'm used to it.

I'll try updating every couple of months as not much going on now. Then want to do FUE in Europe I think.

Your fun time is starting then! Is the hair coming along yet?