Top doctors for specific tasks/different categories

Aftermath

If you had to name the best doctor under the specific categories who would it be? One doctor per category, you can use the same doctor multiple times.... Thought it could be a fun/good thread, obviously opinions are going to differ but this could be a useful thread for people looking into a HT for a specific task

1) best hairline doc

2) best crown doc

3) best mega-session doc

4) best FUE doc

5) best scar revision doc

6) best repair doc

7) best body hair/beard hair FUE doc

8) best value doc (budget clinic with good results)

After,

Very interesting. I look forward to reading the community's response.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If you had to name the best doctor under the specific categories who would it be? One doctor per category, you can use the same doctor multiple times.... Thought it could be a fun/good thread, obviously opinions are going to differ but this could be a useful thread for people looking into a HT for a specific task

1) best hairline doc

Rahal, Ron Shapiro and Konior

2) best crown doc

Wong

3) best mega-session doc

Hasson

4) best FUE doc

Lorenzo

Lindsey

6) best repair doc

Umar

Not sure

Not sure

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

This is a tough one. There will always be someone that will shine. Too many things to look at. What is the size of the case they had? What is the donor quality like? Is the hair curly or straight or super fine? Some docs get good cases to work on while some purposley accept challenges and succeed, while some may screw a person over. When some docs dont, then they may try hard to push the whole your physiology was the reason it happened or you didnt follow the steps etc etc, when things go downhill that is. If you have outstanding results then they may request you be their poster child, who knows.

In this industry, there are expert docs everywhere. If a doc is using ethical medical tools and graft placement techniques then i dont see why they cant hit homeruns all the time. The only docs i would worry about are those that may risk your grafts with unethical techniques and practices.

Clearly, there are those docs that actually dedicate lots of labor hours for your case or those that take on multiple patients within the same day and rely heavily on techs.

1. A doc that makes sure your hairline suits you and actually does what you ask

2. A doc that uses grafts wisely and allocates precious grafts wisely to the black hole

3. A doc that makes sure grafts are harvested carefully and within reasonable timeframes to prevent tissue death in a megasession and/or necrosis due to multiple incisions

4. A doc that takes their time with extraction utilizing manual tools with minimal punch size to make sure their patient has chances of higher yield

5. A doc who makes sure scars are created evenly and with meticulous closure techniques to prevent stretching and zigzag donor scarring

6. A doc who doesnt refuse a repair patient and tries to come up with a game plan to help them or use other body areas to give them hair sucessfully

7. A doc who has had the most showcased results showing successful usage of body and beard hair

8. A doc who gives you the best rate possible in comparison to other docs on this forum, look for the doc here that may give you the best bang for your buck

Look for a doc that shows such traits and can deliver for you. Look for a doc that does you right. Following such filtering techniques may help prevent any hardships or ridicule later on about hairloss even after a surgery. Good luck.

1) best hairline doc

Rahal

2) best crown doc

Hasson & Wong

3) best mega-session doc

Hasson & Wong

4) best FUE doc

Lorenzo

Not sure

6) best repair doc

Umar

Umar, Bhatti

Bhatti, Demirsoy

heres my thoughts.... going off reputation, I've had tremendous results from dr hasson, and IMO he's in the top 3 for pretty much every category (except FUE, because he doesn't do it)

1) best hairline doc - Dr Rahal

2) best crown doc - Dr Wong

3) best mega-session doc - Dr Hasson (hands down)

4) best FUE doc - Dr Lorenzo

5) best scar revision doc - Dr. Lindsey

6) best repair doc - H&W (both doctors tremendous - see Jotronic)

7) best body hair/beard hair FUE doc - Dr Umar (by experience alone)

8) best value doc (budget clinic with good results) - Dr Koray Erdogan (wouldn't call his a budget clinic but the prices seem very good - 2.5 euros per graft FUE with a world class surgeon)

there aren't many surgeons id trust with my scalp but all those listed above plus probably Dr Feller, Dr Konior, Dr Shaprio, Dr. Feriduni and Dr. Bisanga

My personal top 5 would be (in no particular order)

Dr Hasson

Dr Rahal

Dr Lorenzo (my only choice for FUE)

Dr Konior

Dr Feller

Edited by Aftermath

I have been really impressed with Dr Lorenzo's crown results lately, others have mentioned similar. Mwamba, Feriduni and Erdogan have the best hairlines in my opinion, Konior also. Umar is the number one for body and beard hair, followed by Dr Bisanga.

Going to divide my answers into strip and FUE:

1) best hairline doc

Strip Konior, FUE Feriduni

2) best crown doc

Strip Wong, FUE Lorenzo

3) best mega-session doc

Strip Hasson, FUE Lorenzo

4) best FUE doc

Lorenzo

Not sure

6) best repair doc

Strip Hasson, FUE Lorenzo

Bisanga, Umar

strip don't know, FUE Erdogan