'No shave' technique or shave technique on donor zone?

I have 15 days before I return to work. My doctor said that I could grow my hair longer than an inch and get the 'no shave' or stealth technique. This is FUE but only a strip of around 1 inch is used and the rest of the hair will cover this strip. This obviously mimimises the amount of grafts I can use but I don't need a lot anyway. Around 1,000.

My other option is to shave all the back and side of my hair and hopefully it'll look ok after 15 days.

The problem I have is that I got a FUT a few years ago so I need my hair to be around a number 5 around the FUT scar. This is why he suggested the no shave technique. I would need this to blend in with the shaved part. I've read that the shaved part will be the equivalent of a number 2 after 2 weeks so this may be hard to do.

Does anyone know if a 'no shave' technique can look ok after 2 weeks?

Also, is it possible to shave the back and sides to a number 1 or 2 or does it have to be bare blade? If it was 1 or 2, it would blend in nicer with the longer hair around my FUT scar after 2 weeks.

'no shave' technique - (Video removed by moderator)

Vogel-Stealth-FUE-Extraction-After.jpg

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Hi Logo, Last week I had a 1439 graft fue without shaving the whole donor-only a 2cm wide strip which is now covered by my hair. My surgeon was Dr Hakan Doganay. My transplant is totally undectable, and I am only Six days post op. I will post some photos soon.

Hi Gwallt, that'd be great. There are not many pics of this out there. How long is your hair around the shaved part? My hair in that area is only just over an inch (I think) and have the transplant in 2 weeks. It's just over the minimum of 1 inch so hoping it's be ok.