Dr. Pong vs. Dr. Radha

HTGuy

I am trying to decide between Dr. Pong in Thailand and Dr. Radha in India for my second HT procedure. I had a bad first procedure with Dr. Epstein in Miami a couple years ago (more on that later).

Any recommendations regarding these two choices?

Thanks!

Dr. Radha isn't returning emails... not sure what is the problem...

HTGuy,

I've sent an email to Dr. Radha requesting a confirmation that it is received. I've also notified her of this post and suggested that she reply.

Email is not typically the best way to contact a clinic. I suggest phoning for better service. You can find her contact information at the link below.

Dr. Radha Palakurthi

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

HTGuy,

Despite the improvements in technology, email continues to be a relatively unreliable way of communication. Because of all the SPAM out there, filters are necessary and sometimes block legitimate emails. I would highly recommend calling the clinic by phone if you aren't hearing back via email.

Best wishes,

Bill

hi HTguy

had mine done about 6 months ago now with Dr Radha. initial contact was slowish. took a week to return my initial mail. after that things were fine. My only slight disappointment was after the procedure i mailed asking a few questions and requested some of the photos that were taken on the day and i never heard back, i tried a few times and gave up in the end. Left a slight sour taste but not enough to put me off having future procedures with her,

I had the same experience as Eddy. Dr Radha said she was going to give me a prescription for Propecia sent to my hotel before I left as well as send me photos. I got neither. I did email her the other day however and got a reply..luck of the draw.

No I didnt in the end. I did email her when I got back to NZ, however didnt get a reply. I got a reply the other day however on a question I had about what drug we should be taking. If you want your photos I suggest you just keep emailing her every week until you receive them :)

Hi

As I prefer answering my patients' mails personally, there is a delay

I am aware and regret the inconvenience caused

Please send your mail or any other request , once again, and I will get back as soon as I can

Regards

Dr.Radha

I had similar email delay issues. But its not big deal guys. Please telephone Dr.Rahha instead, it's the best way to get your questions answered if she is available (not doing surgery).

There are many HT clinics (from what I've read on this forum in the past year or so since I joined) where the X-Doc might make the incisions slits for the grafts, insert the important grafts only perhaps 500-800ish and then leave the rest for his/her assistants to finish off and then the X-Doc would go off to take a break or even perhaps retire and come come at the end when everything is done.

Dr. Radha is a hand-ons doctor. She was there with me for the WHOLE time of the transplant. From start to finish.

My point being, Dr.Radha was in the OT with me from 9.30pm to 8.00pm.. That's a bloody long day to be at work actively doing your work. So I wouldn't blame her for not having enough energy for returning all the emails she might have received that day. Obviously her assistance are not allowed to answer emails on her behalf so emails are personally answered when she can.

In terms of Dr. Pong. I had a very poor interaction with Dr.Pong. He declined to do a HT for me, he stated my my hairloss was not suitable for his FUT procedure.. I'm in my mind - he said NO to FUT to me, WTF?? I was so shocked and angry he declined. I've seen photos from before and after from his clients on the website. My hairloss is mild compared to many guys on his website and and he stated I wasn't suitable. Really? It was absolutely unbelievable to me. It seemed he had Zero care factor. Didn't even suggest or refer me to a colleague who could assist me if he himself couldn't do the job. He said and I paraphrase "your only option is to continue to use minoxidil and finisteride". What a load of.....I might stop here before saying much more I shouldn't.

The best thing happen really. Because if he did accept me as a patient, I wouldn't have been Dr. Radha's patient.

10-11 months passed after Dr. Pong when I made a call to Dr. Radha. It took about 1 month to organise a date for surgery following a few emails.

Hope this helps puts things into perspective.

Regards

Logan

hey Logan

where i live, the time difference etc it makes it difficult to call India.

I'm glad i had my procedure with Dr Radha and would highly recommend anyone to her. If and when i need more i will be going back, i'll just not spend a week there after surgery this time,

I see Dr Radha comes on this site and checks in and i appreciate the hours she works and the lack of free time she probably has. I have emailed her again last week as per instructions she gave me on a post in this thread and as of yet have still not heard back. I am now 7 months post op.