Presenting my case

fueshare

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for a while here and I based a lot of my research on this forum. Now I had my HT last week and I am sitting here all itchy and swollen at home recovering. Decided to put together a few pics to get opinions.

This is 4800 grafts FUE 0.7mm punch. Initial suggestion was for about 3300 grafts but I asked for extra density at some still-safe number of grafts. It was done over two days, about 8 hours solid work each day. The doctor used a neograft/punchhairmatic machine without the graft suction feature, so the grafts are collected manually after the punch hopefully for the better. I believe the machine was customised in some way for the 0.7m punch. The technique seemed good to me, the doctor was selecting a few grafts to be examined for transections to make adjustments as he went along. As far as I can tell, it was a well organised process.

Post-op instructions were scarce, but reasonable I think - sleep almost however you like, shower once a day, special shampoo and a special gel for donor area after shower. One thing that surprised me was that I don't have to spray my grafts (with saline?) after the operation and I had to buy some antibiotics myself from a 3rd party. How common is that?

My current status is quite itchy donor area when I try to sleep. I have some meds to use for the itch, but I try to use them wisely in case it gets even worse.

Any comments?

IMG_0369.jpg.c392f6984af077b19bbb0646bc8d04d4.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg.1a3d0e7f39ec8efc08a990b3731276a8.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg.d27f061ed1006d5d9a32b368b02eee48.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg.d0e6b91681820f7c62b625b285790663.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg.c4c90870e9fbcbb2eb98aee556ee0219.jpg

Are all of the photos the day of the surgery?

I got given a spray to use for 4 days after the procedure and medication to help prevent swelling and antibiotics to make sure nothing will get infected. I also got told only to gently pat the recipient area while washing it for the first week.

The surgery was two days. First day crown - 2400 and second day hairline again 2400. The photos are taken 30 mins after the second day surgery in the clinic studio. I have more than 100 pictures from the clinic including microcamera, I can post more from different stages if it matters. You can see how the crown area is different from the fresh grafts in the frontal area, i think the crown is buried under a curst now.

saline spray helps for itchiness, so you don't have to touch the area

who was your doctor? work looks solid and clean

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I asked the doctor if I should get a spray like I've seen others here do it, but he told me not to, so I am sticking with that. What is the usual purpose of this spray, just for itching?

This is from doctor Zarev in Sofia/Bulgaria, he is not known in this forum, but I like his results and he is located near me.

• 3 months later...

Hi, guys, coming up on my 4th month anxiety soon. In this photo set I am posting a refresher before pic, follows the 10th day and then the rest are from the 113th day. All are flash photography but I think it's very representative of the real situation. A few spots are growing at slower rate it seems. I know it's very early now, just wanted to share some new photos. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks.

IMG_0385.jpg.79239740bc3e7c18fc780cd1c38c670a.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg.914f4df1a3a2e57686b6a83752fd7f43.jpg

IMG_9292.jpg.c29e1db5d73855f5390be22f61489d18.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg.d4ae388e1121dd3dab6fc5db3d05a779.jpg

IMG_9304.jpg.3ba4fc5181eb9ba7a6af0d66d4946c9d.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg.18fe1056de7d387fd79028ce451bfe59.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg.49fd1aff0e452ee68051ba958134bd0e.jpg

I should mention that I also started minox 5% twice a day and nizoral 2% daily after the surgery, it's been 3 months on those or so. Don't know how much of a factor is it, but it can be a factor.

• 6 years later...

Well, it sucks but comparing these two pictures bellow it is obvious a lot of grafts ended up not growing. You should see a dermatologist to and check if you don't have a condition on your scalp. 

10th day post:

image.png.6621f321665c36e1376a5786de481297.png

Almost 4 months post op:

Aimage.png.bea528720cc958c2eadb205f3722a6c0.png

image.png

Edited by JohnBob

It's still a bit early and keep in mind covering that crown area with 2,400 grafts is always going to be challenge to get good coverage.  Looks like you're doing well.  Provide us more pictures in about a month or so.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This is very confusing. Firstly, the pictures are comparing immediate post op to 4 months, not the final result. Grafts have barely started growing at 4 months, especially in the crown. Secondly, this post is 6 years old and obviously the OP never came back to update. So, no information can be derived from reposting other than the graft placement looks really well done. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Look at his post history, he stoped posting after that only to post one more time this year (6 years later). He basically said his results were meh and didn't want to post any more pictures so I guess things didn't improve much after those 4 months post op pics. 

Do you think it's normal for the skin to be that red in the recipient area 4 months after the procedure? I don't think so, not at all. I'm not an expert but that indicates some inflammation/auto immune response from his body, which ended up rejecting the grafts implanted in the crown area. 

• 3 years later...
  • Administrators

Im bumping this simply because I suspect this to be the first Zarev case ever shared here. Incredibly impressive technique even a decade ago. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Im bumping this simply because I suspect this to be the first Zarev case ever shared here. Incredibly impressive technique even a decade ago. 

I wonder how the donor area looks. YOu never get to see the donor area without flash.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, jjalay said:

I wonder how the donor area looks. YOu never get to see the donor area without flash.

I think @mtb has shared pictures.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, jjalay said:

He is waiting for an improvement on the donor area.

This is 2 months after surgery no flash. It looks really good.

image.jpeg

But, blonde hair and light skin is a good contrast. Im always jealous. Dark hair and light skin doesn’t look as good usually. 

View my thread