Depressed with Recent FUT

aaron602

I agree with you and I'm not going to call anyone a liar. However, I stand by my position that members should reserve judgement until all the facts are on the table.

David, unless the patient is lying about his age, there is absolutely NO excuse or reason to perform a HT on a 19 year old with a minimal amount of loss. I don't care if the patient was kicking and screaming for a HT or that the surgeon was acting in sympathy, a surgeon should be the voice of reason and logic.

A while ago a recommended surgeon posted up a result he did on a 17(or 18) year old with minimal loss and the community was shocked. The surgeon then said the patient was suffering from depression so they decided to perform the surgery. That is not acceptable to me and was not accepted by the community.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you and I'm not going to call anyone a liar. However, I stand by my position that members should reserve judgement until all the facts are on the table.

All good, I will await the surgeon's response.

idk why the title of this thread has been changed?

idk how I could ever get a fair response from a biast site that works with the surgeons synergistically,i wouldn't be wasting my time on here talking about my ht that I regret if I actually didn't regret it.

I don't like drama, I find it scandalous that a moderator here is trying to instigate something between me and the surgeon, when I wanted to delete the post where I metioned the name of the surgeon before anyone even saw it.

I find that like childish, and it brings me back to previous traumas in my life where other kids would forcibly instigate me and other people to get into it for absolutely no reason but there own pleasure,when the fact is i do nothing and im an introverted nice person.

I can never catch a break

in the beginning of meeting the doctor, she did bring up the topic of BDD,and I stated "I was told i had that" because i was diagnosed years ago but I was told that they did not think I had BDD and not much else was discussed about that

I was unhappy with the way the doc responded to one concern I brought up out of the others I could not muster up the courage to say, because like I stated before, im not good with standing up for myself because of my past history of trauma and post traumatic stress, and b.c I don't stand up for myself I get blamed for trying to be a victim.

I told the doctor I was looking thin in the donor area, and I got a response "that it looked like normal density" and that by the time she got to one spot that she claimed it was a "little thin" when it was blantantly obvious my scalp had been traumatized, I provided pics here before, and when I get the time I will provide them again, and take updated photos as well.

I didn't even want to bring up the doctor and to be honest it was a mistake.

I wanted to delte it about 5 mis after I posted after I realized it was impulsive.

but I find it hard how fairness can be exemplified on this site.

Edited by aaron602
grammar

I feel like I get attacked on here because its easy to tell someone who is suffering to go get help and to calm down and not play the "victim" when they themselves are not experiencing the same issues as me.

im not an idiot, I just came here for help,

Aaron, no one has attacked you. I understand that you are in a bad place but take a moment and think about the help and advice that you've got from members here. We are truly concerned and want nothing more than for you to find a happy solution to this problem.

You've accused us of deleting your prior threads. An accusation that you now know to be false. This latest post was not deleted but moved to a dedicated thread where it can continue to be discussed. Does that sound like we are trying to brush your concerns under the carpet?

so when I get the moderators on here saying to go seek professional help, I ignore it completely because ive been here and done that and im currently doing that, ive tried harder than most people on this site to get over an issue like this.
I'm very happy to know that you are not relying on faceless forum members as your only source of support. That was my only concern.

im smart enough to know that the surgeons are in coherts with this site, im not the only one who has advocated there severe depression
Surgeons recommended by our community pay a sponsorship fee that goes toward offsetting the exorbitant costs associated with maintaining a community of this size. This is not a secret. It's clearly explained here.

Important Note - The hair restoration physicians recommended on this site are not a definitive list of all excellent hair transplant doctors. Nor do we warranty or guaranty the results of any of the physicians presented on this site. As always, we encourage you to do your due diligence in evaluating these and all hair loss physicians.

I can assure you that many, many more physicians contact us about becoming recommended than ever get nominated. Those that are invited to present their work are evaluated by community members as well as by their peers. If a case arises when a recommended surgeon no longer lives up to those criteria, they are removed from recommendation.

Long time members can vouch for the fact that we take pride in being patient advocates. Most of us are hair loss sufferers and hair transplant patients.

There is really nothing more I can say to try and convince you of my sincerity in trying to be of assistance. I do hope you find physical and emotional resolution that you deserve.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

dk why the title of this thread has been changed?

idk how I could ever get a fair response from a biast site that works with the surgeons synergistically,i wouldn't be wasting my time on here talking about my ht that I regret if I actually didn't regret it.

Aaron, do you read this thread? The title of the thread was not changed. You originally posted to an unrelated thread. In forum speak this is called "hijaking". I have moved your original post and all of the related replies to a dedicated thread in Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews where it belongs. I notified you of this move in a reply to this thread and also offered to rename the thread to anything you like.

Aaron, if you have a preference for the thread title, please let me know and I will update it.

david I appreciate your concerns. I call it how I see it though.

Aaron, David is here to help. He is a very compassionate and sympathetic guy. There is nothing disingenuous going on.

If you told the surgeon that you have(or even think you have) body dysmorphic disorder, she should have declined surgery then and there...

mickey I don't have anything against david, and im glad that he has shown concern for situation but ,I just want to make sure that if hes going to bring my surgeon into this that it remains fair for me as well. and I want to get my entire story out there before this transpires into something I don't even want to deal with because I don't like making people upset

im on an emotionall rolercoaster and I hope you guys can understand.

mickey I don't have anything against david, and im glad that he has shown concern for situation but ,I just want to make sure that if hes going to bring my surgeon into this that it remains fair for me as well. and I want to get my entire story out there before this transpires into something I don't even want to deal with because I don't like making people upset

im on an emotionall rolercoaster and I hope you guys can understand.

I certainly understand and empathize with what you are going through. I too went through something similar(although suicide never was a consideration) and was sent into disarray and sorrow.

well I guess im going to change my focal point back to where it should be and that is figuring out how to reverse the fut cons and going to set up consults with the best fue docs in the world

well I guess im going to change my focal point back to where it should be and that is figuring out how to reverse the fut cons and going to set up consults with the best fue docs in the world

I personally would work on resolving the body dysmorphic disorder and depression issues that are at hand first... I resolved my depression issues(that stemmed from my failed HT) and I live my life un-repaired and am completely happy. I haven't even booked a repair procedure and haven't had a consult in over a year. Instead, I have booked an overseas holiday for October(having just come back from holiday in March). I do want my strip scar filled in at some stage and my hairline refined, but it is not something I feel sorrow over all the time anymore.

I envy your ability to be happy with yourself, I really do and it makes me happy that you realize you are not your hair.

but unfortunately for me, I have been treating both bdd and depression for about 7-8 years and ive been battling hair loss for 5 years, unfortunately this has all transpired in my teens, and in my honest opinion I just cant be happy with the lack of confidence and the sense of lost identity at my ripe age of 20, to much negativity has transpired around me and after evaluating my attempts to treat these disorders, I think the best thing for me to do right now in my life is to get this fixed to where I can be happy with it.

but im glad your happy, I wish no fut suffering upon anyone

not to mention I praise you for advocating fue.

the most fut promoters are usually the doctors who can not perfrom fue world class results and the patients who have undergone the fut procedure. and sometimes I sense jealousy in the fut patients that promote fut, that rather if they could go back in time they would go for fue with a world class fue surgeon, it makes no sense to go down the strip route

I envy your ability to be happy with yourself, I really do and it makes me happy that you realize you are not your hair.

but unfortunately for me, I have been treating both bdd and depression for about 7-8 years and ive been battling hair loss for 5 years, unfortunately this has all transpired in my teens, and in my honest opinion I just cant be happy with the lack of confidence and the sense of lost identity at my ripe age of 20, to much negativity has transpired around me and after evaluating my attempts to treat these disorders, I think the best thing for me to do right now in my life is to get this fixed to where I can be happy with it.

but im glad your happy, I wish no fut suffering upon anyone

Thanks. I too know you can also reach a state of contentment and happiness. I'm just concerned because on of the main symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder is that the individual may never be content with their appearance, not matter how they modify it. Some individuals just see the flaws and it manifests into depression. I'm not saying your result was good and you only see the flaws, clearly the scar stretched to a level I have never seen from a coalition surgeon and you should not have been operated on. But I just wonder if you will ever be happy with even the best possible result given the properties of BDD.... Just my sentiments, I don't know all there is to know about the subject.

I hope mickey, i really hope i can achieve happiness, i have tried so hard, so hard.

i will keep fighting.

im aware of realistic results and if i achieve a realistic result for my nw and current scar, i think ill be happy with a repair with someone like bisigna or Lorenzo

I hope so too buddy. Consult with both of them as they are as ethical and skilled as it comes. Neither of them would operate on a virgin scalp and minimal loss 19 year old. Being a repair patient, I think they would make an exception for you and give you some avenues for remedy.

aaron,

I could not agree with Mick's advice by trying to treat the bdd first. I know you said you have tried and I know its easy for me to say it, but you have to address that first. If you try another HT, even FUE, it may not reach your expectations. Its kinda like treating a symptom instead of the source, like scooping water out of a boat instead of plugging the hole i the boat. A HT at the age of 19 is absurd in my opinion even Bosley rejected me when I called them the first time at the age of 23 I think... Take care of yourself buddy and also understand David is trying to help you. I do agree sometimes it may seem that the moderators go out of their way to protect the doctors, but I honestly believe David is doing a great job, kudos David.

The sad part is a young man is on the verge of suicide. Aaron you have keep your head up and take of yourself...

You only live once...

man I try guys I really do, if you have seen my post on the treatments I have tried, they are endless

the only way im going to get through this is with a repair,so that's exactly what im going to do

david thanks for caring, I just wanted to get my story out there,becasue I need guidance and support, but afte researching I feel that ican achieve a result that is realistic for my situation.

is it wrong/unethical for me to speak out about my displeasement and my case in general?

NO! It is never wrong to provide an accurate and truthful account of your experience. Good or bad.

Hang in there pal, Lorenzo is a good place to start, you can be repaired but it will take time. Seek help, wether it be on here, friends, family or professional help.

I await the Doctor's response, however no Doc should perform a procedure on a 19 years of age patient, this is totally unaccetable.

I hope mickey, i really hope i can achieve happiness, i have tried so hard, so hard.

i will keep fighting.

im aware of realistic results and if i achieve a realistic result for my nw and current scar, i think ill be happy with a repair with someone like bisigna or Lorenzo

The problem is you aren't listening to anyone's advice here. You are just doing what you want to do and I have to question if Dr keene felt this way and that is why she operated on you. Because you were going to go thru with it no matter what.

Going to Bisanga or lorenzo to put 1000 grafts in a scar that clearly needs a revision is even more reckless than your first procedure. You need those grafts to be saved when you inevitably loose more hair later on.

Do the scalp exercises and get a revision from h&w, konior, or smg. You come here for advice and support and then ignore it when it is given to you. I feel for you, I really do, and I can only imagine how you must feel right now but at some point you need to take responsibility for your decisions. Your scar can be fixed and you can go on to live a normal life. Jotronic did and he was in far worse shape than you.

When you talk about killing yourself over and over it's frightening and you should seek professional help.

Please take my advice because if you don't you will end up in a worse situation than you are now. Transplanting hair into scar tissue has a very low success rate. Yu need a scar revision, PERIOD.