Dr KORAY ERDOGAN - 2223 grafts FUE

ASMED SURGICAL CENTER

Dr Koray Erdogan

2223 grafts FUE extracted by titanium manual punch, diameter 0.7 - 0.9 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades, lateral slit

354 single grafts

410 double grafts

1459 multiple grafts

BEFORE THE OPERATION

4c811eec.jpg

6111f0ad.jpg

0f83edcf.jpg

10f121e9.jpg

2a4817dc.jpg

35c8b260.jpg

ae5e44d4.jpg

1718511d.jpg

OPERATION

3e57539a.jpg

1cfab875.jpg

6f452e90.jpg

23cdac04.jpg

ee11ea78.jpg

8be55e11.jpg

12 MONTHS

5452db04.jpg

775c209f.jpg

2274709b.jpg

5a395f77.jpg

6cae207a.jpg

4f59f4c6.jpg

3b13c04c.jpg

5274def8.jpg

b8e353ad.jpg

98991c0c.jpg

21c1da17.jpg

06603034.jpg

36832810.jpg

fa3634c8.jpg

5bd1c1de.jpg

0deaf513.jpg

c5fdde4f.jpg

65405350.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

Excellent work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 9 months later...

Dr, Edrogan, it appears you load up on 3s and 2s to get more density but do you ever use more 1s/2s on request to try to get a softer hairline? I get your approach, yet some other FUE surgeons insist that 1s and 2s are required to get a nice natural result and 3s and 4s should be avoided. Thoughts?

Dr, Edrogan, it appears you load up on 3s and 2s to get more density but do you ever use more 1s/2s on request to try to get a softer hairline? I get your approach, yet some other FUE surgeons insist that 1s and 2s are required to get a nice natural result and 3s and 4s should be avoided. Thoughts?

Where is your evidence for this quote ?

Simple. Go look at his posted results or patient results and compare the number of grafts to the hair count per grat breakdowns (1,2,3,4). Go to dr Feriduni's site then and do the same math for his FUE. Not only will you a get a clear idea if the different approaches you will see it is intentional; all but one if Dr. Feriduni's 50 or so FUT patients had 3 hair grafts (sone even had 4 hair grafts) yet onky 4 of 18 of his FUE patients (where he can cherry-pick grafts) had 3-hair grafts. I am hardly judging or accusing by saying this (which I mention only because of your use of the term 'evidence') I am simply noticing two very different intentional approaches; Dr. Erdogan prefers high density hairs to get dense results with 1 s reserved for hairline whereas Dr. Feriduni prefers to build softer results with less dense hairs.

Hi , I hope you didn't think I was being awkward , just trying to gather as much info as poss , could this be the reason why dr erdogan seems to quote more grafts than most of the other clinics ?

These are my own personal quotes

Erdogan = 4000

Feriduni = 2500

Lorenzo = 2200

I really think I'll be in safe hands with all these surgeons , but now the decision is to get the best quality for money spent .

Any advice would be greatly received :)

Hi , I hope you didn't think I was being awkward , just trying to gather as much info as poss , could this be the reason why dr erdogan seems to quote more grafts than most of the other clinics ?

These are my own personal quotes

Erdogan = 4000

Feriduni = 2500

Lorenzo = 2200

I really think I'll be in safe hands with all these surgeons , but now the decision is to get the best quality for money spent .

Any advice would be greatly received :)

Hi, not at all, I just wasn't sure if 'evidence' meant you thought I was making an accusation against either Dr. which I surely was not, I've been in contact with both, they are both great.

The breakdowns you got are pretty much in line what I did (and not coincidentally those were the last three standing for me, Dr. Diep made it to semi-finals)

My breakdowns were (in order I got them):

Dr. Rahal: 3900 (FUT) for hairline, temples, and zones I guess 3-4 leaving crown/vertex aloine

Dr. Diep: 2500 for front only (would not do multi-days so I don't have a good idea of total, say 3500-3900 since most Drs. agree 1000-1500 for crown)

Dr. Lorenzo: 3700-4200 which was based on 2700 for the hairline I wanted an then 1000-1500 for crown/vertex

Dr Feriduni: 3000-4000 which was for hairline and behind, zones 3 an 4 and part of 5

Dr. Erdogan: 4700 for a 'perfect result', I believe 2700 was for front/mid-scalp 2000 was for 70s cm vertex. Not so sure i care about getting 30 cm sq in my vertex (especially since that would all be 3s and 4s for about 6000 hairs there alone) as i am fine if that looks a little thinning. I'd be just as happy limiting the vertex to 1000 grafts and putting those in the mid-lne so the breakdown would be 2700 hairline/temples, 1000 midline, 1000 vertex. I in fact want to do some nice temple points and bring those forward and by my research that is around 400 grafts and singles at that so maybe even 3000 hairline/temples, 1000 midline, 1000 crown/vertex.

Dr. Erdogan does seem to go for home runs and remember he not only goes for a lot of grafts but a lot of 2, 3 and 4 hair ones. In that he is a lot like Dr. Reddy whose results first drew me to FUE; my original thought process after seeing how he cherry-picked high hair FUs was that i'd rather get 7500+ hairs with a 2500 FUE and no scar than 7500 hairs with a 4000 FUT and a scar since in the first case if things went wrong I'd still have good donor left AND no scar. However most of Dr. Reddy's results were 2000=2500 FUEs.

As mentioned however, there are clearly two schools of thought; one is to use mainly 1s and 2s for a soft natural result the other is to use 3s and 4s (except for hairline) for a dense one.

Dr. Erdogan seems to combine (depending on how you look at it) the best of both worlds. I am not sure of your age but personally I don't know if I'd do huge Dr. Erdogan00 session at 25 and deplete a good part of your donor AND you high hair FUs. It really depends again on age, Norwood pattern and anticipated loss. Given my (erhem) advanced age, I chose (after agonizing deliberation, probably as agonizing for every one else as myself ;) ) Dr. Erdogan. I want a home run. I want one and done. I think 47000-5000 grafts will get me the temples, hairline density and enough coverage in crown to support those as I could possibly want. I do plan on being very active in the hairline design and in requesting if possible a little more 1-2 for the front (soft) and a little more irregular hairline. From all accounts he is quite amenable to discussing exactly what you want before hand with both pictures and drawing different versions until yo and he are both happy. This latter point was critical to me, I don't care if a Drs. posted results are good but he ignores the patient for a large part as I've read some other top surgeons here do.

I'm glad that we seem to have short listed the same drs , I suppose the months of research may be paying off :)

I met with dr lorenzo whilst he was in the uk and the man was superb in every way ! He opted for a more concervative hairline where as dr koray drew a proposed hairline that was more or less returning me to my original hairline before any loss ... Which is kind of appealing but when factoring in future loss it may be a concern .

I too am a fan of dr reddy and he is uk based like me , but unfortunately his pricing is simply too much , 18000 pound vs 8000

Please take a look at the pics I have posted and let me know your thoughs

Thanks

Hi where woukd i fiind the pics? You can pm me too with a link etc. I sent Dr. Lorenzo pics of me with my hairline and templss drawn in, he maded a couple adjustments (mostly angling the temples higher) and said it was doable with 2700 grafts. I am just less of a fan of his hairlines then other people here, to each his own I suppose. Did you actually meet with Dr. Koray (assuming you mean Dr. Erdogan)? As mentioned he reviewed my mock-ups and said possible and then alos looked at the hair/donor/microspocopy pic I had done at Hairclub/Bosley yestereday and said he thought my donor was good. Not sure if this is just a term he uses for marketing purposes for eveyrone or not but he feels with 4700 grafts and my hair loss and donor I will have 'perfect results'.

Price was not so much of a consideration as I was budgeting $20k for the whole thing, but dropping the cost from $19k US for 4k grafts to $13 for 4700 was not unwelcome. I can aso fly Business Class for the same price to Turkey, also not unwelcome for a 10 hour flight.

Oh ok got it. Your vertex /crown looks better than mine and your forelock stronger. 4000 seems a tad excessive but if you have 3k or so left over why not go go for the dense knockout?

BTW if you search Hairclub Trichoview you can probably find a locak Hairclub to take pics for you including micriscopy of donor. This could helop any of those docs zero in. I need to figure out how to uplaod here and will do so once I do my pics from that session.

Hi ,

That's a brilliant idea unfortunately I don't think they have a branch in the uk ? It would save people a lot of money traveling abroad to be told there donor is not sufficient etc , and you would be able to get a much more accurate virtual consultation this way . If anyone knows of such a place in the uk please let me know .

Cheers

Hi I don't offhand BUT you could probably find a local ht clinic/Dr. and ask them if they do a fee-based analysis. I was about to do that with Dr. Bernstein's office here ($185) which would have been much more detailed i am sure (hair calber, donor capacity in each zone, minituraization, etc.) vs what I got but it helped to a degree (sent to Dr. Erdogan). I tried to upload here but the ipad safari browseer somewhat limited, when I get home I will upload their pics. In any event it has to be worth $100-$200 to get a professional analysis and pics to share with these Drs. before you commit and fly to a $10k-$20k HT with only partial information in their hands.

My timing was good as I was in the process of setting up appointment so sent the pics to their patient rep (awesome rep named Sevinc) who happened to be in the OR at the time (she apparently also is in room with patients for part of the HT) and she showed them to Dr. Erdogan on her iPad who said my donor was really good.

Not sure if this is just a term he uses for marketing purposes for eveyrone or not but he feels with 4700 grafts and my hair loss and donor I will have 'perfect results'.

Ready4Hair, rest assured this is not a marketing term. In fact, when I sat down with him, (with my advanced NW5 pattern) he assured me that we would be going for "the illusion" of hair... and that it would not be perfect. This is why I think you'll get such a great result! The man gave his honest opinion of both our situations with very different assessments. I would have preferred yours, but I'm pretty happy with what I have going...and growing!

Hi wibbles, you have narrowed your choices down to some excellent surgeons.

However, I feel that 4000 grafts is excessive for your level of loss. Dr Erdogan, whilst his results are excellent, is quite aggressive.

You may only have 7000 grafts donor capacity, does it make sense to use up 4k grafts with you level of hair loss? Probably not.

I agree that lorenzo's hairlines are more conservative, but you can of course come to a compromise, and the Dr only has your long term interests in mind.

You must also bear in mind that technicians do all of the work at Erdogans clinic, which could be significant. In addition, such a large FUE procedure could affect the overall yield of the result. It would perhaps be with doing 3k followed by 1k a year later. This would allow you to touch up any areas that need a bit more density.

I am actually considering a procedure with erdogan or Lorenzo myself and this is my rationale at the moment. I hope it helps.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: