Not sure if transplant has been successful.

Friends, I need some opinion from those who have undergone transplants or the doctors on this network could give me second opinion on my transplant.

My objective was to not get too much of my hairline back, but thicken the hair that was remaining and maybe fill in the same pattern of my current hairline.

What I dont understand, which I doctors continues to tell me is, if the hairline that I have now, which in my opinion make it look very unnatural is the right one for me. And also, if I should consider corrective measures, if any.

I have attached my Before transplant, on the day of transplant, one month after and 13 months after pictures for your reference.

Before.jpg.e9be8dd78d9eec9e4fcdd2d500c61139.jpg

DayofOp.jpg.963e9ae9d4f003c349093494d4edd63a.jpg

1monthafterop.jpg.5a567b1c6af87a466a094aa8756ef676.jpg

13monthsafterOp.jpg.0f791621c49c2630b1da557621ab0018.jpg

Hi Raj,

While the pictures are a bit blurry, it seems like you ended up with less than ideal yield. If you aren't pleased with the results, then seeking a second procedure may be a good route. What's more, if you want to improve your chances of receiving refined, natural, dense results, I suggest reviewing our recommended hair transplant surgeons and consulting with some of these doctors.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Your picture may be blurry, but it's clear that your HT was not a success. Who was the surgeon? Has he seen the final result?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Your picture may be blurry, but it's clear that your HT was not a success. Who was the surgeon? Has he seen the final result?

And how many grafts did you receive?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

If you have to ask if it was a success, it probably wasn't. That said, some people don't realise how far they've come until they compare before and after photos.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

This does not look good at all - even with blurry pics it would appear you have a pluggy style hairline. And there is no density whatsoever.

Start looking at the recommended Drs on this website. You should expect a much better improvement next time !