Dr. Carlos K. Wesley (NYC) - Young Male with Frontal HT and PRP (2036 FU)

A 25-year-old male wanted to slightly advance and add fullness to his hairline and frontal scalp without compromising the pre-existing hair in that area. A 2036 FU session with Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. (NYC) can be seen before, during, and 12-months later. The accompanying video also illustrates the overhead view of the young man's scalp one year after his platelet-rich plasma (PRP) - enriched follicular unit transplantation (FUT) session with Dr. Wesley.

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Blake and David.

This young man benefitted from a trichophytic closure. While not for all patients, it was certainly something I felt was appropriate in his case due to his preferred hair length, donor density, and scalp elasticity.

Lovely work doc

I love the softness of the hairline. The density is perfect as well. I have similar loss to him, (maybe slightly finer hair) so this gives me encouragement in addressing my loss.

One question - is he on meds?

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Appreciate your comments, garethbale.

Yes. This patient had been on finasteride 1mg for the past seven (7) years prior to undergoing follicular unit transplantation (FUT). His crown was doing quite well and still has only a few miniaturized hairs as detected during his initial consultation with me using a magnified camera. This detailed imaging is something we perform for all patients coming in for hair loss treatment as it helps to reveal what's really taking place at the scalp level.

SM_Crown08062014.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Mickey85. The donor was a pretty important element of our pre-op conversations. He wanted to be sure that he could still get wear a short hair style. In his case, I'm not sure that this would have been possible without using a trichophytic closure.