Anyone heard of Estethica in Turkey?

Hi everyone,

My name's Julian, I'm 23 and this is my first post although I have been ghosting these forums for a while. I have a receding hairline, not too bad, probably between a Norwood 1 and 2 and having been taking Propecia for almost a year. Although my situation is not terrible, it has still dented my self confidence considerably and so I am looking to restore my old hairline or perhaps lower it even further than that so I have a straight ruler edge hairline like Brad Pitt.

I had a consultation with a clinic here in the UK, but as anyone who lives in the UK will know, there are many stringent rules and regulations for just about anything, and they were unwilling to operate on anyone under 25, despite me having stabilised my hair loss with Propecia. For that reason, as well as the price, I am looking for hair transplant surgery abroad, and Turkey seems to be one of the best options.

I contacted Dr. Erdogan, a top surgeon in Turkey recommended by this forum. Problem is he quoted me €7,000 for the operation alone, which while I'm sure would be top quality, is a little out of my price range. However I received a quote from Estethica in Istanbul, a clinic for which there doesn't seem to be much information on this forum. I was quoted ?1,875 for 2,600 FUE grafts (which is reassuring because it is close to Dr. Erdogan's estimate of 2,800 grafts) with meds, two nights accommodation and airport transfers included in this price. They also offered a 50% refund on the cost of the flights.

Is this all too good to be true? Is there anyone here who has been a patient of Estethica clinics who could share with me their stories/experiences? Another reassuring point in the email was that I'd need to discontinue Propecia for two weeks prior to the surgery, which is again in line with other surgeons' recommendations. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

I would not consider a HT at 23 as hair loss can kick in big time in late 20`s therefore you would look odd with a great hair line and diffused loss behind it. You should not consider this and deplete your donor area until older, i know its not what you want to hear, but you are young and have other options to explore.

Thanks for your response voipman but what I am really looking to find out is whether the Estethica clinic is legit or too good to be true and would end up doing a botched job. I having been taking Propecia for a year to keep what I already have and I have good quality thick hair - it is just the hairline that is an issue and that's why I don't think I would continue receding behind my new hairline. What are the other options to explore? Cheers

Well if you are only a norwood 1 or 2 then 2800 grafts seems alot! You cant go wrong with Koray, Hakan or even Demirsoy in Turkey.

Wouldnt go near the other clinic in my honest opinion, they may produce great results, but i have never heard or seen any results from this clinic, and that is enough for me to not let them touch my barnet!

It does a bit actually, but if their estimate is close to Koray's then surely that lends them a bit of credibility?

I've been in contact with Demirsoy but he would not operate on me.

This is a pic of what one of my temples looks like currently:

photostream

And here's a rough colouring-in to show what I'd like to achieve:

photostream

Here are links to the pics if they don't embed in this post properly:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@Gainzcentral

Did you get in touch with Estethica and received any feedback from anyone yet. I came across this company and was considering them. I have thinning in my crown and receding hair line in the front. I do not have a bald patch as such. Some of the HT company in the UK did not take my case up because I have sparse hairs and HT could shock the existing hairs. But Estethica agrees to take my case. They said the shock to existing hairs is only short term and are giving life time guarantee for ?1500 including accommodation. Seems too good to be true.

Your reply would be helpful.

Thanks

Ravi