Sadly ENOUGH, there are still clinics contributing bad work and transplanting plugs.

Sadly enough there are still clinics contributing bad work and transplanting plugs. I'd say that the majority of them operate in South America and Europe. Luckily we are trying to help patients understand the differences between acceptable and pathetic surgical hair restoration.

A little while ago, we literally had the pleasure of treating this unlucky patient. Somebody needs to be locked away for charging a man for this caliber of work.

bad_zpsa793d522.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I truly hope you are able to help this patient!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share the actual words that this patient expressed about the whole disheartening ordeal and how the MYWHTC clinic was able to help. Sometimes we take the littlest things for granted. I am unable to think of any way to explain Dr. Mwamba's level of compassion. Caring about our patients places them in a special predicament because we treat them as human beings before we begin to listen to how we can help them. I hope you all can appreciate this patient's most sincere words as much as I do. This testimony should give at least someone a reason to stop and just take one moment and smile. Cheers, everyone!

"The following 7 or more years after the bad work were hell....constantly hiding my head, baseball cap always!! worse than suffering hair loss is suffering a bad transplant believe me! with hair loss you can see others with the exact same thing everyday, with a butchered transplant you are alone....completely! you are a freak hiding under your hat your mistake that you paid thousands of pounds for! you want to go back but you cant.....its done.....you need to live with this mistake.....trust me when i say a bad transplant will ruin your life!

its not like a bad boob job, women can get surgery and all talk about it, us guys cant, its a secret thing for us so its more important we find a good surgeon.

ok so after 7 years and suffering depression because of my hair transplants (thanks again Nobel) i decide i have to get another to try at least to make it look less like a crop field or a cindy dolls head. you cant imagine the reluctance i was feeling to go there again but what and where else could i go? in the uk we are limited with hair transplant places. i would of shaved my head but i couldnt, it was lumpy where the grafts were. so i needed to continue along the transplant road. i even told them when i arrived the third time "i wish i had never come here" to which their reply was "well lets see if we cant help you" what a joke!

so strip number 3 :( i asked them to take the strip so it joined one of the old scars, so i was only left with 2 in total, they promissed to do it but of course they didn't, they messed that up too, they took it 5mm from one of the old scars giving me....... 5mm scar-5mm hair-5mm scar so over a 15mm section of my head i only had 5mm of hair. you can imagine how nice that looked, and these are 15cms long! butchers!

4 years passed......now i am late 30s and getting desperate to stop wearing hats!!

my head is messed up! lumpy crinkled grafts at right angles to my head looking like a cindy doll.

I started to search online and i found the solution!

Now dont think i am trying to sell u anything please..... this is advice, take it or leave it.

I first realized that the uk IS NOT the place to get hair work done, they have been doing it in the USA so much longer and have so much more experience. compared to the USA the UK surgeons are like kids playing with new toys. experience is EVERYTHING with hair transplants!!!

so i decided i will travel out of the UK to try to get my grafts removed and my head fixed.

(if you get surgery in the UK my god i wish you luck cos your gonna need it!!!)

I started to research USA clinics and 'plug removal' surgeons. they are rare. its a complicated procedure and there are very few guys who do it and even less who do it well.

then i found a surgeon.....Dr.Patrick Mwamba.

He learned from one of the leading surgeons in the world in the USA. They were among the first Doctors in the world to do FUE procedures and FIT was invented at their clinic! so anybody you go to cant possible be as experienced in FUE as these surgeons

so i found out that Dr. Mwamba learned in the USA but has a clinic in Brussels in Belgium, not so far from the UK.

I arranged a consultation in London (he holds them there and in a few other countries a few times a year)

he inspected my head and said "yes" to all the things i wanted done!

remove the grafts...."yes"

get rid of the pitting....."yes"

the lumps under the skin....."yes"

restore a natural looking hairline...."yes"

help to hide my scars......"yes"

put new hair on my temples......"yes"

I was unsure. i had already made mistakes in the past at these consultations and believed everything i was told i wasn't going to be fooled again so easy..... yes to everything???? can it really be possible i thought that this one guy can do everything i want? did i really waste over 10 years hiding this when he could of fixed it?

I asked 100 questions! and then a few more.

I was sceptical but Dr. Mwamba is a really nice guy for a start. he took photos of my hair density using a tiny cam in all sections of my head, measured the area needed, inspected my scars, very very thorough and seemed to be able to explain all the reasons why the bad transplanted hair was like that where as Nobel told me lies.

I needed to trust someone if i was going to fix my life and Dr.Mwamba gave me confidence in his skills....i needed my life back WITHOUT HATS!

I put my faith in Dr.Mwamba and booked up the prcedure.

well.......guess what....i got my life back!!! :)

He did everything he promised and was polite, helpful, generous and professional with it!!

All his staff too!! even to the point of his staff going out to buy me Redbull energy drink because I was falling asleep in the chair while he was working on me and i couldnt keep my head still lol

He owns and runs a clinic called "world hair transplant centre" WHTC aka MYWHTC

MYWHTC - Dr Patrick Mwamba - Hair Transplants and Treatments http://www.mywhtc.net/

his staff are amazing! he is amazing! his work is amazing! its no exageration, even his secretary is amazing! all of them are polite, efficient, thorough and experienced.

You sit back and watch tv in the surgery room and Dr. Patrick Mwamba and his professional staff get to work.....gently making injections with magnified glasses with light to see presicely every tiny detail of your head so they can get the grafts perfect, they will accomodate your every need, a drink, something to eat, stretch your legs, never was i told "no" to anything i wanted. i can almost say it was a pleasure. If it wasnt for the fact i was worked on for 4 days running and at around 15 hours a day it would of been. sitting in a chair for that long is hard even if your having fun so imagine if its for something like this, they appreciate that fact and their politeness and helpfulness makes the time fly. you can get an idea now of how much work my head needed to get it back to normal and fill in my problem areas....15 hours a day x 4 = 60 hours!

Almost 5000 grafts!

Dr. Mwamba had agreed 4265 were needed at the start when i told him where I wanted the hairline so he only billed me for just 4265 as agreed despite putting close to 5000 in :)

He had instruments for checking symmetry of the hairline too, not just "have a look" but measured exactly.

Dr.Mwamba took out my old grafts, removed the lumpy fibrossis, used FUE to harvest hair from the rest of my head and filled in my temples, the sides (temporal points) created a new lower hairline AND even put hair into my scars to help to hide them!

Another bit of advice.....FUE all the way, dont do strip! strip is nasty, FUE in non-invasive and heals so fast and no scars or severed nerves. Patrick even has an LED light system called '3 wings' that pulses high powered light onto your head after surgery to help speed up the healing process each day.

If you need a hair transplant you wont find a better surgeon than Dr. Mwamba or a better clinic than WHTC i am sure of it.....but if you need corrective work from a bad transplant this guy will blow your mind!! I never in my life imagined my head would look normal again! :) i thought the best i could hope for was a kind of "cover up" of my mistakes, but Patrick Mwamba, MD, rolled back the years to day one and gave me back my smooth lump free head, with normal looking hair growing in the right direction, no pitting, no scars, minimal pain, no crinkled hair, no gaps, and a better hairline than i ever imagined i would have!

seriously he changed my life!

check out his site, check out his pictures. if you go to the clinic you will see that not all the pictures are on his site because many dont want their pictures used, some of the ones on his computer he showed me i seriously couldn't tell it was a transplant! so natural than when i saw the 'before' pictures (having seen the 'afters' first) i was literally shocked!

i cant say enough about his work.

so now my life is normal again. swimming, resturants, etc etc no more hats, no more hiding :)

do yourself a favour if your thinking about getting a transplant, go to see Dr. Patrick Mwamba.

DONT GET A CHEAP CONVENIENT TRANSPLANT IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!

Thats my story....if it saved just one person from the mistakes i made it was worth me writing it."

take care all.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba's patient

take care all.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 weeks later...

remove the grafts...."yes"

get rid of the pitting....."yes"

the lumps under the skin....."yes"

restore a natural looking hairline...."yes"

help to hide my scars......"yes"

put new hair on my temples......"yes"

Removing the bulk of those pluggy grafts could not have been an easy feat. The large grafts are to thank for causing the uneven texture on the surface of the scalp. I don't believe that these grafts could have been disguised by placing additional grafts around them. The location of the frontal hairline was already built way too low so total removal was absolutely mandatory. The temples seemed to be a little receded as well so that just increased the degree of complexity of this case and further reduced the aesthetic quality of an already poor result.

I don't think that one single aspect of this horrid result is worst than any other, but I'm really glad the doctor was able to help him.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

• 2 weeks later...

Put that clinic who is responsible in the original post to allow future UK patients the fair warning. The US still has work like this done as well. My experience was very similar to a clinic that operates out of Rockville, MD and Virginia Beach, VA.

The placing of doubles and larger grafts in the frontal hairline as seen in these photos is an utter disgrace. I can think of no other reason techs would do this other than a cruel joke based on the fact they will likely remain anonymous and will still be hired by the "out of box" hair clinics out there.

Can't wait to see some results for this patient.