Jude Law in his new flick, Dom Hemingway

Paulygon

Check out the link I sent for the behind the scenes trailer of Jude Law's upcoming movie, Dom Hemingway.

At timestamps 0:00s-0:02s (and scattered through the clip) Jude talks behind the scenes about his upcoming movie, AND his hair actually looks really great - (looks the way I remember him before he had the major hair loss; as good as he looked in Alfie). If this IS a combover- then this is THE WAY TO DO A GOOD COMB OVER!

In the actual movie though, Jude's hair looks more like his real, current state of hair, with that odd patch in between the bald area (this is my perception based on recent photos published of him over the last few years).

So, in the behind the scenes portion, is he just combing the same state of hair in a different way, or do u think he has concealer in there.. what is up??

I don't understand why Jude hasn't tried to restore his hair.. I would hate to have that specific hairline that he has been sporting over the last few years (which is basically the one he is showing throughout the whole Dom Hemingway movie).

Any thoughts or insights, people?

see video at:

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Paulygon,

From the clip, I'd guess that's it simply that in the film he has a very severe slicked-back style which exaggerates the hairloss, and in the interview he has it slightly messed up and brushed forward.

Of course, he could be using concealer in the interview as you say

It's amazing the effect different styles can have in creating an illusion of more/less hair.

I've a friend who for years slicked his hair back severely over his thinning crown. He finally got sick of wearing it like this and cut it very short. You'd swear he had gained hair!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

He doesn't have bad hair genetics and can easily be fixed up by a good doctor. Wonder why he hasn't done anything.

I bet it's tricky getting it done when you hair loss has already had so much exposure and you're recognizable world wide. If he did a HT and became NW2 (just closed off the temple areas), gossip would immediately start because he's already show cased his hairloss very clearly without even trying to hide it in a bunch of recent movie roles. Sadly a HT falls under a bad stigma, I call it the "plastic surgery" stigma. He might be able to get away with it, but it's risky and I'm sure he does not like the idea of all the drama that would follow.

Paulygon,

From the clip, I'd guess that's it simply that in the film he has a very severe slicked-back style which exaggerates the hairloss, and in the interview he has it slightly messed up and brushed forward.

Cool! So I may not be crazy for thinking that my own forward/messy brushing styling gives an illusion of fuller, thicker hair. Sometimes I wonder if I am fooling anyone.. but I've had several comments that my hair looks good and that people do not for a second believe I am experiencing hair loss... It is kind of nice to be able to spot this in other people.. it lets me know that I am an on the ball, to some degree when it comes to the hair situation..

Of course, he could be using concealer in the interview as you say

It's amazing the effect different styles can have in creating an illusion of more/less hair.

I've a friend who for years slicked his hair back severely over his thinning crown. He finally got sick of wearing it like this and cut it very short. You'd swear he had gained hair!

Yes, hair styles and cuts are sooo important for people like us. I pay a great stylist nearly $50 a cut (before tip) and have to go in every 4-5 weeks at this point. I've tried to go to the $8-$10 barbers that my dad goes to.. but I am invariably disappointed by their cuts! What can I say? I put my money where my hair is!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.