fue into scar and also frontal region

Thinking of going for 3rd transplant soon and would like to use some grafts into old strip scar.

I would also like to add density to frontal region

Is this viable in terms of disrupting the grafts afterwards namesly sleeping.the only way would be to ensure sleeping on your side.

Any ideas?

get a travel neck pillow that puts the pressure more on your neck than the head, and sleep slightly upright for the first week.

I had a very small procedure where I had temple peaks done on both sides, top vertex behind already transplanted hair and then also grafts into an old Bosley scar in the back of my head. The travel neck pillow helped me get through it and grafts are growing in all areas now

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Dingdong12,

You may want to consider going to a doc that will provide you with a supply of sleeping medication and an anti-swelling med while you're at it. Once you plan your evening's end, just stay up as long as you possibly can and then take your meds after you utilize a neck pillow to prop your neck. The best part about this approach is that you shouldn't have much tossing and turning occurring while you're asleep.

I hope this helps in any capacity!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The safest way to insure the grafts placed into a donor scar stay put is to avoid the back of your head coming in contact with anything in first few days by lying on your side. If you do not have grafts placed in hairline or right up front you could also sleep on stomach.

Can't the doctors just give patients some kind of headband or dressing that covers the grafts at the back? I remember when I had by procedure, the doctor placed gauze at the sides/temples of my head so as to protect the grafts. Kept them on for 3 days - worked fine.

Surely something similar could work for the back of the head too?

The problem with a bandage and/or wrap is that they often will stick to the grafts and risk the danger of losing some of the grafts when the bandage is removed. The bandage can also still rub the grafts or cause them to be mis-angled from the weight of the head.

dd12, wish you the best result with your FUE into scar procedure and also a good result in the frontal zone...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

Any further ideas on this one? Having FUE into scar soon and would like to hear from those who've had it too because I'll also be getting some more grafts into my hairline in the same procedure.

Any help appreciated especially from those who've had similar procedures

@Rollo Tomasi

Hi there. You could also sleep in a reclining seat and dawn a neck brace to maintain your ideal position.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The safest way to insure the grafts placed into a donor scar stay put is to avoid the back of your head coming in contact with anything in first few days by lying on your side. If you do not have grafts placed in hairline or right up front you could also sleep on stomach.

I agree with Dr. Charles; advice on this. Thanks!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.