Strip +FUE Dr Radha total 6500 grafts

oncled

Hi guys.

I can tell you a long story but i won't. I know what you're interestd in... :P

French guy, 30 years old NW6 going to NW7

1st strip in september 2012 => 3600 grafts (1240 single hair, 2364 two hairs, 46 triple hairs )

Hair Restoration Site for oncled

2nd Hair transplant => FUE, yesterday ( 2nd of April 2014) 730 grafts

3rd Strip => today ( about 2300 grafts... she cannot do more)

I will post pics soon. I'm posting this thread since i cannot find any FUE results from dr radha before and this post may help you guys to make your decision.

Perfect experience as usual. Now waiting for the results which matters the most.

I will update only this thread and won't open a new one, months after month and my blog.

With 6500 grafts in total we were not able to cover everything. Crown is still missing. I will explain further details laters. But this was my last strip surgery.

I'm attaching the first strip shaved hair before my FUE.

Any questions, i'm around for you .... India is crazy but hair transplant is a lot cheaper. Good experience overall and now the worst part for me ..... WAITING :mad:

5b32de3bb285e_2014-04-0210_07_54.jpg.a5baacdb6bef751e8c75da6210df7cc8.jpg

oncled,

Congratulations! I'll be keeping my eye out for your updates.

Also, I've moved your thread to the correct forum.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I advised Dr Radha to use body hair for more coverage because patients like me have low density. I was telling her that body hair would be my future step, but she advised me not to spend too much money on hair transplants. I understand she is very caring, and the advise can only come from someone who is sincere. However, to me the more you can invest in a good hair transplant the more you can make in terms of jobs. I only got 2600 grafts on a broad forehead, but the reality is people actually guess my age right. However, before the HT people always told me I look much older than my age. Image what more grafts can really do.

The reason I like her is because she stuck to the gold standard by specializing in FUT. Doctors like Dr Bhatti gave up on FUT, on the contrary after specializing in FUE they went an extra mile and opened up using donors areas from the beard and body.

With 6500 grafts in total we were not able to cover everything. Crown is still missing. I will explain further details laters. But this was my last strip surgery.

I would go to Dr Bhatti and use the body and beard hair for the crown. Ask Dr Radha if she will ever move in that direction. If she would, it would be great.

Dr Radha is Peferct. But the truth is that only the result count...

We'll see in a few month but i was very staisfied with my first surgery even if we always hope for more.

I may use body hairs for crown and so on but but for now I still have some time to check the results then we'll see.

About Dr Radha, I can only say good things about her. But as I said, Let's wait for a few months again ;)

She performed FUE only above the strip because she told me my hair under the strip were very thin. Anyway. 730 fue + 2200 strip for this second seession. about 500 font and the rest forehead and a bit of crown.

This is my last strip surgery. If more then FUE.

Here are the pics. I will post pre op pics when i got them ... you can still check my blog in my signature for the first HT.

5b32de58e6cbe_stripside.jpg.1f6b41937cd615aae4ee6ffc19dc67ae.jpg

grafts.jpg.0641814bde547d2c93e8ddeab85a2233.jpg

hairline.jpg.71f314f3dcefdd41c231f354f476947b.jpg

other.jpg.d054196d03510741ee6b600c43ec613f.jpg

5b32de5949d06_stripback.jpg.d3ed7d07426391ff2bbbe2489befe9af.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have some concerns about my hairs.

First of all, i still have some swelling one month after surgery? Do you think it is normal ?

It's not very big but it seems that it does not go away at all.

And second is it a shock loss ? Will hairs regrow ?

I've attached a picture of the left side.

Thank you guys

20140430_181907.jpg.56334e2f8f83bb7a9953f22a1684d481.jpg

u have a big surgery , shock loss depends from person 2 person , i have 2 friends who experienced minor shock ..... and 4 who had major shedding some of which never regrow and the HT does look patchy ... everyone is different .... give it some time atleast 10 months , and the swelling in FUT is more becos of the trauma the head goes through , talk to ur doc ... everyone has some swelling .... but NUMBNESS is something that lingers for around 4 months , thats a killer to most !

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, that is not a very impressive result for 3600 grafts, at all. Hopefully this HT makes a nice difference.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think the problem was in the first HT of 3600 which was spread over the front and crown area. Such a big area would've needed a lot more grafts perhaps 3000+ for the front and 2500+ for the crown. It was spread thin to begin with so results weren't gonna be great. Hopefully with the 2nd HT most of the grafts were dedicated to the hairline and front cos imo the hairline and front density is far more important crown

coverage. Lets all wish oncled all the best.

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

I will post pics soon so you will be able to check everything.We did not touch the crown during the first HT.

But yes the results were good.... a bit sparse but good. But honestly I would need about 10 to 12K total grafts to be fully satisfied with a very good density. I'm a NW6 unfortunately !

Anyway, Pics speak better than words so i will upload a bunch of pics this week so you can make your own opinion.

:)

I would really like to see how the scar turns out after the second HT. I myself am planning to go for a second transplant very soon, but I am worried about how the scar will look like.