Dr Lorenzo.

No I am not taking any medication. I would be really interested in your whole experience when you do have your next HT in Madrid. I myself would definitely go back to Dr Lorenzo if I need more work doing in the future. Am I right in thinking he is only 2 hours away. Good luck by the way hope it goes well for you.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Postop pictures are very dark compared to preops.

All pictures were taken at the clinic. This thread should be moved to : Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics.

Did they dye your hair black to take the postop pictures.? Compare with the preops.

So, how does your front-middle area which was not transplanted (see operative pictures) already show much higher density in postop pictures???

Yes, you put the thread some very low quality pictures, therefore I clearly see that all preop and postop pictures, -because they are so professional, different from the pictures of your own, and background clearly show-, were taken at the clinic by clinic's photographer.

You started off with plenty of native hair and lots of the update photos are in very poor darkened light,

Anyway you are lucky guy. You have been treated by one of the best FUE surgeons in the world, which justifies all. Keep your smile on your face, I am happy for you, and laugh up my sleeve.

Um.....all balding areas were covered. Do you read what you post? First you were telling us that Lorenzo lets his nurses do motorized extractions, and now this.

So, it means that this is not still clear for me, I have seen many different posts about that. Really, do you know if Lorenzo by himself does the extractions or his nurses do?

Lorenzo extracts the grafts himself, and implants them himself. There are videos of this on youtube.

His assistants load the grafts onto the implanter pen he uses and arrange them out for him so he can quickly insert them in. Dr Ximena Vila, who works with him, also has a role in this, although I do not know what it is. Maybe somebody else can comment.

Lorenzo extracts the grafts himself, and implants them himself. There are videos of this on youtube.

His assistants load the grafts onto the implanter pen he uses and arrange them out for him so he can quickly insert them in. Dr Ximena Vila, who works with him, also has a role in this, although I do not know what it is. Maybe somebody else can comment.

Certainly can confirm KO's comment above as I have experienced first hand. Dr Lorenzo puts immense pressure on the techs to load the implanter at lighting speed...trust me!!

No sure about the Dr Vila aspect as I'm guessing this is the setup in Madrid (had mine done in Manchester)

Certainly can confirm KO's comment above as I have experienced first hand. Dr Lorenzo puts immense pressure on the techs to load the implanter at lighting speed...trust me!!

No sure about the Dr Vila aspect as I'm guessing this is the setup in Madrid (had mine done in Manchester)

Thanks Jimbo, I trust you, because you have provided useful information by first hand. This really helps for my decision on choosing my FUE physician; so you say the nurses and Lorenzo work at lightning speed, and Lorenzo puts immense pressure on the nurses to work at lightning speed. :rolleyes:

Working at lightning speed, how many grafts did they transplant for you? Was it lasted in one day or more...?

There are 2 more questions left behind? Does Lorenzo use manual extraction or motorized one? And, who does the operations in Madrid when Lorenzo is in Manchester or vice versa??

Thanks Jimbo, I trust you, because you have provided useful information by first hand. This really helps for my decision on choosing my FUE physician; so you say the nurses and Lorenzo work at lightning speed, and Lorenzo puts immense pressure on the nurses to work at lightning speed. :rolleyes:

Working at lightning speed, how many grafts did they transplant for you? Was it lasted in one day or more...?

There are 2 more questions left behind? Does Lorenzo use manual extraction or motorized one? And, who does the operations in Madrid when Lorenzo is in Manchester or vice versa??

I had 3003 grafts over 2 days. Left side of head 1st day, right side 2nd day. 1st day took 7hrs (no break) 2nd day 5.5 hours (no break) I was happy not to have a break and interupt Lorenzo at work plus i wanted to maximise graft survival rate with immediate inserts following extractions.

He had 2 techs loading the implanter and occasionally could hear him pressuring them to keep pace with him. Tried to time the speed of insertions it was something like one every 2-3 seconds.

He uses manual punch for extractions

He was only in Manchester for a year with the farjo clinic. If you want Lorenzo then you have to travel to Madrid now (i'm booking for my crown with him early next year) I know there are a few guys on this forum who are scheduled in for Nov & Dec so look out for their posts coming through.

Hope this helps

Lorenzo uses manual, and when he was in Manchester, Dr Ximena Vila did the operations in Madrid. I believe they may even work on the same patients.

Yes, they have two team that work on the same patient. They alternate to avoid fatigue, i guess.

Initially, i thought that they both were in England, and that Madrid was just for consultations, then i've learned as you said.

Dr Lorenzo himself removed my hair prior to starting any surgery, he did all the extractions and then placed all the grafts himself manually. This was done when he was working in Manchester. The most important thing for me was, from the first moment I met him he came over as very confident in his obvious abilities. And yes, the speed he works at is quite amazing.

Maltese, you're looking good!

Can anyone elaborate on how Dr Lorenzo and Dr Vila work together on a patient during the same op in Madrid? Are there are any patients with results on here?

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

I will soon find out but being the perfectionist that he is, I doubt that the results will be any less impressive. I suspect like most of us who do procedures we are most comfortable on our "home turf" working with assistants and techs that we are most familiar with.

When I met him in Manchester he said he had 5001 grafts done in his own clinic in Madrid. Looking at him you could never tell he has had any work done! And yes he did say 5001 wonder if he got the one graft for free lol! Glocktop if you get a chance let me know what you think of the hole Madrid experience as I'm booked in just after you. Good luck mate

• 5 months later...

Just thought it was time I updated my thread. I have been back to Dr Lorenzo for a little more work ,this time I went over to Madrid to his clinic. My first Ht was a great result for me and I guess I have just got a little greedy for more hair on the top of my head instead of it all growing on the back. I arrived in Madrid with my partner on the 29th, had the work done on the 30th of April and back home to England on the 1st of May. I will post statistics and photographs up when I get them through from dr Lorenzo. I have also noticed that a lot of my original pictures have been removed, this is down to photobucket removing them. I will try and post new ones from another provider. If I can help anyone with any questions about flights / hotels/ taxis , please just ask.

Congratulations on your latest ht with Dr. Lorenzo!

I look forward to following your progress.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Managed to sort a few photographs out. The first set of 4 are how I started out over 12 months ago and the second set are a lot more recent after having my first transplant with Dr Lorenzo when he was in Manchester.

image1_zpsbtinwlx8.jpg

image2_zpswsuy92vj.jpg

The next ones are the day after my second Ht back at the hotel in Madrid.

hair%20016_zpsqkzvc8io.jpg

hair%20015_zpsjgnzaxdh.jpg

hair%20013_zpstdo8i0ng.jpg

The last set of 4 are back home in England at day 6.

IMG_0063_zps1jbwxnie.jpg

This is how it looks now at day 10, all the scabs cleared away at day 4 to 5 . Just got a little itchiness now and then. But I'm happy with how things are going so far. Forgot to add that I am not on any meds either.

Image-1_zpslgamwllq.jpg

Hello buddy.

I am very interested to hear a little more about your latest HT with lorenzo.

I strongly consider him to help me fixing my latest bad HT.

I have some questions for you.

- now that he is in Madrid, how much off the work is left with techs? And did you have the impression that it May affect the result in a negative Way?

- why did you waited a second HT when it looked Like your density was good after number 1

- being a diffuse loss type like myself, did you suffer from loss of you native hairs from the first HT? And if so was it only a little? And did it grow back?

- does lorenzo plan the placement of the graft a specific Way if you know that you want a certain hair style og lenght?

- was it possible for you to Wear a larger cap after the surgery? And how about traveling home in the airport and plane?

I hope you Can find the time to answer my questions pls ?

Hi, I did ask Dr Lorenzo if he would be doing the whole of the procedure himself via Email before I left for Madrid and he said he would be doing, he did indeed do all the extractions and implanting when I got there. I was also informed that the techs are all highly skilled and have been at the clinic for quite some time, I think I would have been ok with them doing some or all the extractions as long as Dr Lorenzo did the implanting. I would have insisted on this. I feel sure I would still have got a good result.

I wanted a second Ht just to fill in a few areas I felt needed it. I also wanted to thicken up the same areas, everyone was telling me it looked well and I didn't need any more work, I guess I just got greedy.

I don't think I did loose any native hair when my transplanted ones fell out, but if I did then I know it all grew back. The best advise I got from people on here was not to worry, let the Ht process go through its paces and be patient about it all. And don't judge the final result till 12 to 18 months. Also try not to stress too much.

I can't say if Lorenzo places the grafts in a certain way for hair length or design, he will work out with you though what you would like or expect and what type of frontal hairline would suit both your face and age. That is what happened with me anyway.

He will supply you with a cap to go home in ( which was adjustable) I think it would be a good idea to find yourself a hat that feels comfortable before going for your Ht, and fits you well. I was really bothered about walking around the hotel and airport after my Ht, but I decided not to wear the hat, I was more bothered about catching my grafts taking the hat off and on. To be honest no one really takes much notice and I just thought if anyone asks what happened to me I would just tell them the truth. You will find anyone asking is more intrigued than anything else. Just be very careful getting on and off the plane, the overhead lockers seem a lot lower that I remember them. Hope all this is helpful.

Hi, I did ask Dr Lorenzo if he would be doing the whole of the procedure himself via Email before I left for Madrid and he said he would be doing, he did indeed do all the extractions and implanting when I got there. I was also informed that the techs are all highly skilled and have been at the clinic for quite some time, I think I would have been ok with them doing some or all the extractions as long as Dr Lorenzo did the implanting. I would have insisted on this. I feel sure I would still have got a good result.

I wanted a second Ht just to fill in a few areas I felt needed it. I also wanted to thicken up the same areas, everyone was telling me it looked well and I didn't need any more work, I guess I just got greedy.

I don't think I did loose any native hair when my transplanted ones fell out, but if I did then I know it all grew back. The best advise I got from people on here was not to worry, let the Ht process go through its paces and be patient about it all. And don't judge the final result till 12 to 18 months. Also try not to stress too much.

I can't say if Lorenzo places the grafts in a certain way for hair length or design, he will work out with you though what you would like or expect and what type of frontal hairline would suit both your face and age. That is what happened with me anyway.

He will supply you with a cap to go home in ( which was adjustable) I think it would be a good idea to find yourself a hat that feels comfortable before going for your Ht, and fits you well. I was really bothered about walking around the hotel and airport after my Ht, but I decided not to wear the hat, I was more bothered about catching my grafts taking the hat off and on. To be honest no one really takes much notice and I just thought if anyone asks what happened to me I would just tell them the truth. You will find anyone asking is more intrigued than anything else. Just be very careful getting on and off the plane, the overhead lockers seem a lot lower that I remember them. Hope all this is helpful.

All was very helpfull.

I Think i Will book with him ASAP ?

Again thank you so much