Dr Lorenzo.

Hi everyone, I have just joined the forum and wanted to share my recent HT journey with everyone. I guess like a lot of like minded people on here my hair started to bother me more and more than it really should have. People always telling me that it didn't matter losing a little hair, or that in the big scheme of things it was near the bottom of the list of things that could go wrong in life. But unless you have the feelings of how badly this actually affects anyone going through it , then I think it would be hard for some people to really understand it. I was quite comfortable for many years with the amount of hair I had lost and didn't really think about it much, then I seemed to be spending more and more time checking my hair every time I looked in a mirror or caught my reflection in a window, and from then on I started to obsess a little more about it. I think at this point a lot of people make the decision to accept it and live with it, or look for a way to try and sort it out. The more I learned about transplants the more I wanted to get things sorted, for me the scariest thing was choosing the right person to sort me out. It was the fact that I would be parting with a lot of my hard earned money and that I kept reading horror stories of what could go wrong. The last thing that anyone in this position needs is for things to go backwards. I then trawled the internet and spent a lot of time getting as much information as possible. I found this forum and spent quite a bit of time just reading all the different posts put up and pictures of peoples results, It made me realise how little I knew about the whole process and how hard this could be. I saw lots of great results on the forum which made choosing a Dr even harder. I then came across Dr Lorenzo and videos of his results and all the great feedback he was getting from his patients. I had made my mind up to try and get to see him. I then learned that he was going to be over in England at the Farjo clinic. I then contacted Mick and he arranged a meeting for me with Dr Lorenzo, this was November last year. From the time I first walked into the clinic, met Mick and then Dr Lorenzo I knew this is where I was going to be having my problem sorted. I was told I would need 2400 grafts to sort things out. I was never pushed or rushed at all into making a decision, in fact Mick told me to go away , enjoy Christmas and have a good think about things. I then talked things over with my long suffering (very understanding) partner, who has always been there for me. I then made the very scary decision to go ahead and book a date. Mick sorted this for me which was 13 days ago. The night before was then a mixture of feeling a little guilty for spending so much money on myself, excitement at the thought of having hair again and the fear of making such a big decision. Once I was in though and spoke to Mick again and then met Dr Lorenzo once more I felt that I really had done the best thing for me. The whole procedure went quickly and smoothly, the staff at the clinic are all very professional in what they do, as for Dr Lorenzo I don't think I have come across a nicer human being in a long time. He is totally focused on what he does, and you can tell he is very passionate about his work. I was also very impressed by the fact that he did everything himself, from cutting my hair to removing the grafts and then placing them in the recipient area. This just gave me more confidence that I was in good hands. I can't thank them all enough for what they have done for me. I will post some pictures up from the day off my HT to day 10 later on. I would like to thank everyone on this forum, it really did help with my decision to go ahead. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you have nice hair for your age pre-op.

Second, it appears that you have everything going for you that you could have, i.e. color, texture, doctor, etc.

I'm very confident that you will have an excellent outcome.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I hope that I will be in your spot sitting in Lorenzo's chair one day.... Good luck even though you don't need it, best doc out there in my opinion....

You only live once...

These were taken about 15 minutes after Dr Lorenzo finished. He then told me what I needed to do, top of the list was to make sure I didn't bump my head on the car on my way back home.

4MG200314L1_zps61ad96bf.jpg

4MG200314S2_zpse404fae3.jpg

4MG200314S3_zpsd6b9b79d.jpg

4MG200314C3_zps65f09377.jpg

4MG200314C4_zps65492a5a.jpg

4MG200314P2_zps547650d6.jpg

awesome donor hair quality and an awesome doctor, should make for some amazing results, congrats

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I am really happy with the way things went, it is funny how much I dreaded the fact that I was losing some of my hair and how It would end up looking. Then going through the HT and part of it was to sit there and have all my hair taken off anyway, the difference being that losing hair to mother nature was out of my control but I guess when it was my decision to do it didn't seem to feel so bad, and the fact that when it all grows back things should look much better. I also made the decision from the start of all this that I would try my best not to spend too much bothering about my hair growing or shedding, I just keep thinking further ahead to the end result, I hope that having a good attitude towards this will help things along. Anyway a few more pictures, these are from day after.

hairday2001_zps9e8ab275.jpg

hairday2003_zps09540700.jpg

hairday2005_zpsf78a0654.jpg

hairday2010_zps00f4cbb1.jpg

hairday2013_zps31fe0a5c.jpg

Man, the work looks so clean and refined and with Dr Lorenzo doing all the work himself, you know you are in for a great result.

He is the only doctor in the world that I know of that does all the follicular unit extraction himself and implants the grafts.....

These pictures are from day 14, my hair has still been growing although the crown area has been a little slower keeping up.

hairday14046_zpsc09a77fa.jpg

hairday14043_zpsc3bcce30.jpg

hairday14042_zps94eead73.jpg

hairday14031_zps7ae067d3.jpg

hairday14025_zps250cb185.jpg

hairday14022_zpsb7eaba2f.jpg

hairday14020_zps7589bac5.jpg

hairday14007_zps284d645a.jpg

Hi guys, everything has been going well , just been quite itchy. I have always been told that just means things are healing up. We took these pictures on day 15 after transplant day. We had to take a second set as the first ones looked a little dark in natural light, the second ones where taken with a overhead light on. What do you guys think about progress, I know I will miss my new hair line though when it starts to shed.

day15_zpsc813cfd8.jpg

hairday15_zps82f1cc95.jpg

I will do, this forum and the people on it helped me to make my mind up about going ahead with having my HT and also having Fue done. I do think it is important to try and meet the Dr of your choice first face to face before making any kind of decision. Talking to Dr Lorenzo first helped me a lot and made me feel a lot more confident about going ahead, Mick was also very helpful answering any questions I had ( even the silly ones) It is a big step to take and one that you have to try and get right first time, I think that's what makes it all the more daunting, it can be a life changing thing for some people.

I will do, this forum and the people on it helped me to make my mind up about going ahead with having my HT and also having Fue done. I do think it is important to try and meet the Dr of your choice first face to face before making any kind of decision. Talking to Dr Lorenzo first helped me a lot and made me feel a lot more confident about going ahead, Mick was also very helpful answering any questions I had ( even the silly ones) It is a big step to take and one that you have to try and get right first time, I think that's what makes it all the more daunting, it can be a life changing thing for some people.

There aren't really any 'silly' questions when looking into an HT - if they're on your mind then they're relevant to you.

As you say, it's a big step to take.

Anyway, Mick loves silly questions - I've asked him one or two over the years myself:D

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Just a quick update, I started to shed a few hairs yesterday. I can't see any shock loss in the donor area up to now. It is horrible to see them fall out but I just keep thinking ahead to when then return.

Like you mentioned in one of your earlier posts, just keep thinking of 6, 12, 18 months down the line........there really is no point whatsoever thinking and over analysing things now. I used this approach, and as well as it coinciding with me being very busy with my job, the first couple of months went by pretty quickly.

I would highly recommend you keep your hair at a short length too. I just kept telling people that I shaved it initially because it was something I always wanted to do, and then I kept buzzing it every 2 weeks, for maybe the first 3-4 months and just told people I actually was fond of my shaved head. It helped so much from the point of view that 1. it was easier to wash/clean and more importantly to regularly apply Minoxidil to my scalp 2.the shedded areas looked far less questionable compared to if I left everything grow out.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3