Dr. DeYarman, 5400 grafts FUT, 2 years postop

sv

At first I thought the same thing Mickey, but if you really look the grafts were spread over his entire scalp. This seems to include the whole of his crown. I would imagine he was going for coverage over density. I think another HT of 3k grafts would give proper density to the front and mid with an adequate crown. I'll also bet this result looks better from the front. The top view reveals that NW pattern.

SV, have you tried growing your hair out at all, and, are you happy with the HT?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hmmm I still don't buy it. Some areas(especially the frontal third) look absurdly thin, as in a very low grafts per centimeter square. Personally, I do not see anywhere close to 5,400 grafts...

High graft count for one session, true, but too much area to cover. This guy was basically a NW-5-6 total rebuild. I think if the entire 5400 were used for the hairline and frontal area to mid scalp this would look fine. Spreading it out to the entirety of the crown on a NW5-6 doesn't cut it. It would be useful to see some intra and post-op pics as well as frontal and back angles though to get a clearer picture of what happened here. It would also be nice to hear from the patient.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Virtually unchanged. I agree it was a lot of surface area. STILL, I have seen other cases with a similar severity of balding and there was significantly more yield than this case presented here. What's with the rash of terrible results from a few forgotten clinics on here?

It would be interesting to see the hair grown out and combed. I agree, at first glance it looks bad, but you really have to take into consideration that full coverage was attempted and the length is hurting the result. I would not be happy with that, but I also would not have my hair that short nor would I have asked for full coverage with less than 55oo grafts. I wonder if he was told that it would take 2 passes? Tough call on this one.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It would be interesting to see the hair grown out and combed. I agree, at first glance it looks bad, but you really have to take into consideration that full coverage was attempted and the length is hurting the result. I would not be happy with that, but I also would not have my hair that short nor would I have asked for full coverage with less than 55oo grafts. I wonder if he was told that it would take 2 passes? Tough call on this one.

Agreed.

Probably 500 singles in the hairline and the rest spread over 200 sq cm.

That would result in something like an average of 25 fu/cm2. Low hair count and fine hair will not look great when cut to that length.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The hair is simply too short. Mine would look like that as well if I were to cut it that short.

Grow it out and I am sure its a decent result.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The hair is simply too short. Mine would look like that as well if I were to cut it that short.

Grow it out and I am sure its a decent result.

There is a difference between a decent result and a successful result. I would not personally call this a successful result.

I also think your result is would look much better than this result cut down this short even on the first procedure :)

No, unfortunately, no matter how you put it, this is not a success. It saddens me and really worries me, and when I see strip results like this, I find myself agreeing with Mickey85 more and more.

5400 grafts is a lot. If he looked great with 5400 grafts, people would be praising it, but when it still looks thin with 5400, people make excuses about how it was too much area to cover etc etc.

I added a 3rd pic with longer hair since many of you pointed out the hair was too short.

How do you feel about it, sv? What does your surgeon say, and what was discussed pre-op in terms of approach and expectations?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Sadly, the shot with the hair grown out does not change my sentiments. I do not see 5,400 grafts there, not even close. The front half is very thin, especially the right side(photo's perspective). 5,400 grafts is alot. Of course it wouldn't give the patient Elvis density, but certainly should have given him much more than this. What does the Doctor say about this?