Should I start Minoxidil now

I'm coming up to 3 months post FUE after 2400 grafts in the frontal area. Everything seems to be going according plan. I want to start using meds but I want to phase them in slowly to understand how they effect me.

I wanted to wait fully heal and for the pinkness to go down before possibly introducing something new like minoxidil. I got the regain foam 5% but I'm afraid to start it just in case.

The current situation is really good I can see lots of growth of hundreds of tiny hairs and I'm not even 3 months yet, also the red/pinkness in the recipient area is completely gone and as for the donor area that has healed so well, way beyond my expectation. I was able to shave down to a blade 2, 4 weeks after the op there no trace of any op in the donor. My hairdresser asked where did the new hair come from, she couldn't tell anything from the donor and she was standing right there with the razor shaving it down. Overall, I'm absolutely amazed with how this has turned out hence I'm nervous to start using the regain foam.

My hair looks fine at the moment I could wait for growth naturally. Anybody have any similar experience or thoughts on the matter? Thanks...

Most Drs recommend starting minoxidil 2 weeks after the procedure to help get the hairs in the growth phase quicker. It may be beneficial to start now, based on the fact that your new heathy hairs shouldn't be shed by the minoxodil. I'm sure others with experience will be able to advise

remember though some also experience sheds when starting so consider it carefully, especially if the growth is starting to kick in now

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm coming up to 3 months post FUE after 2400 grafts in the frontal area. Everything seems to be going according plan. I want to start using meds but I want to phase them in slowly to understand how they effect me.

I wanted to wait fully heal and for the pinkness to go down before possibly introducing something new like minoxidil. I got the regain foam 5% but I'm afraid to start it just in case.

The current situation is really good I can see lots of growth of hundreds of tiny hairs and I'm not even 3 months yet, also the red/pinkness in the recipient area is completely gone and as for the donor area that has healed so well, way beyond my expectation. I was able to shave down to a blade 2, 4 weeks after the op there no trace of any op in the donor. My hairdresser asked where did the new hair come from, she couldn't tell anything from the donor and she was standing right there with the razor shaving it down. Overall, I'm absolutely amazed with how this has turned out hence I'm nervous to start using the regain foam.

My hair looks fine at the moment I could wait for growth naturally. Anybody have any similar experience or thoughts on the matter? Thanks...

I love that the hairdresser couldn't tell.. Mine couldn't detect my HT either!

My thoughts would be that if you want to be certain how the Rogaine affects you, maybe you should wait about a year after your HT.. at that point about 98% of the result of your HT will be apparent.

There is a nice chart on this page:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/148161-what-exactly-hair-transplant-growth-timeline.html

I started multiple meds around the same time as my HT operation with amazing results (I wanted results asap). Your approach is prudent - I like it. Congrats on the new growth!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

ok thanks the feedback guys.. I'm going to give it a go.. I'm hoping it won't cause any damage to the new growing hairs and if I don't use it in my native hair then I should not see shedding..? Hopefully wont cause any red or pinkness , I'm not long over that stage ;)

Ok.. Massive anti-climax there, I used 1g, half a cap full on the effected areas, just as it advised on the instructions. I rubbed it in, and it was dry and gone it seconds. No sensation at all. I was expecting to "feel" something once it hit my head, Nothing at all... I'm thinking I did something wrong but not sure how I could get that wrong.

Wow, If that's how it rolls, that's no hardship at all... I'll go with once a day, night time for now and see how it goes.