opinions on shapiro medical group for fue touch up for adding density and scar repair

aaron602

hey guys just wondering what you guys think of the SMG and there fue results, are they worth going in for a consult?

do they use prp/acell by chance?

thanks guys all opinions are retly appreciated

I think shapiro are among the best in the world for strip yield and have some of the best donor closures. However i have seen too many failed FUE results from them over the years that i would not recommend them for fue. I do not believe they are of the same tier as the likes of Lorenzo, Bisanga, Erdogan etc in fue(on virgin scalps and repair patients). My opinion, everyone is free to have their own stance.

Edited by Mickey85

I might consider them for scar repair and touch up with FUE. But I'd leave the major FUE work up to the guys Mickey mentioned - Lorenzo, Bisanga, Erdogan and Feriduni.

Mickey, I haven't seen any 'failed' FUE results from Shapiro. Do you have any examples?

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

thanks for your continous honest responses to me mickey,

right now i am going to set up a consult with them to only have my thinning under the scar checked out, other than that i wouldnt let them fue me

right now im only intrested in bisigna and lorenzo

There were 3-4 patients online who posted last year stating they weren't achieving the expected growth but it was also early in the growth process. We have not received any pics from those patients yet. Those patients all had grafts extracted with the Artas. Keep in mind that when we used the Artas we went conservatively with the numbers because the Artas was new and we didn't want to "use up" much of the donor - basically, we played it safe like we do with any new technique. The grafts harvested with the Artas has to look good or we'll switch over to the non robotic technique. If all you need to do is add more grafts in the future is it a failed transplant? Consider the number of grafts planted when evaluating results. What makes a person happy with their result is subjective. Some are happy with lower density than others. We all know the donor is limited and what you do with them is very important.