hair transplant and are not on meds.

how many of you have had a hair transplant and are not of meds for hair?

how many have been on meds only after there transplant?

also i would like to hear what everyones thoughts are regarding this?

Hairthere has some very good HT results! with not being on the meds, check his photos

I've tried staying on Fin for my regrowth stages post HT but it seems after two tries it doesn't work well with me. If I ever have another procedure it will be meds free, can't stand the sheds it's enough to drive you insane after watching nice growth come in

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I think being concerned enough about hair to get a transplant but at the same time avoiding any treatment is silly. Fin is a bit of a different story, but I'd wager most who have had a HT have tried it at some point.

Getting on treatments after already having a HT is obv not ideal as you may use up unnecessary grafts, but of course better late than never.

I'm scheduled for a HT soon and have been on Minox for over half a year, and Fin/Nizoral about a month now. Ideally I should have started Fin sooner but originally I never planned on trying it.

its just that some cultures are very anti-medication. so much, that meds are stigmatized.. some people fear the long-term effects of any meds.. even my mom doesn't like to take tylenol if not absolutely necessary. i grew up more American, and quick-fix oriented (maybe a little too much), which is why I was very open to both the Rogaine and Finasteride, which clearly helped to augment my HT results by filling in my crown. I didn't have to use up any grafts for the crown (we just rebuilt my hairline) because the meds really did a nice job with the crown.

When I first learned about HT's, it was from a Syrian friend who was against taking any medication. He told me that transplanted hairs will never fall out even if you don't take Propecia. It was unbelievable to me! He said that he will never take meds for hair but he will definitely get a hair transplant. Funny thing was, about a year later, he did get on the meds! So, Rootz has a point.. eventually, people who are serious about saving their hair will seriously contemplate taking the meds..

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

If I ever have another procedure it will be meds free, can't stand the sheds it's enough to drive you insane after watching nice growth come in

So true. I tried Rogaine as recommended by my doc after my HT and began shedding. It freaked me out after having invested so much emotionally in having procedure to restore my hair, so I stopped.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I had my ht six months ago (i hit the six month mark yesterday). I started on fin the day after my ht. The past two weeks I have been shedding like mad. I contacted my surgeon who assured me all is good; I have a feeling the fin is working and will stick to it . Everyones bodies react differently to meds. Especially with regaine one will shed if its used the first time. I suppose its the same with fin too. Weaker hair falling then stronger and new hair appearing.