Need a FUE Doc recommendation for surgery soon!

NueFueGuy

I've been planning my FUE surgery for months and was on the schedule to go in TOMORROW with a highly recommended surgeon in my area. I have made many arrangements to my work schedule/vacation, planned a trip (airfare/hotel) to give myself more time off, and even shaved my head last week to prepare for it.

Well, I received a call today that my Doctor is not able to do the work tomorrow due to medical issues. Matter of fact they are rescheduling everyone starting in May. Unfortunately, this has made this a major inconvenience to me for both cost and planning. :(:(

I wish him the best as I don't know the medical issue and hope everything is alright. But now I'm feeling really upset and not sure I can go thru with this 2 months from now, nor want to count on that happening due to this current unknown circumstances last minute that cancelled my surgery.

So, I'm interested in knowing if someone could suggest a good FUE surgeon to talk to that might be available to do my surgery soon. I know I don't want to rush all this, but I'm more than ready to have this done, and sort of need to on this short notice.

My hair loss is mostly on top (midway back and forward), my donor areas are VERY dense and thick, and my doctor had said during my consultations that it would be about 2000 grafts. After now having my head shaved, mine look very reasonable and minimal from the other procedures I've seen online, and nowhere close to the more complicated ones.

I was expecting a nice long day tomorrow in surgery and ready to march forward to seeing the recovery getting going. I'm in the Southeast region and would be interested in anything within driving distance: North/South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama... Tennessee or even Ohio may be possible.

I've seen the recommended ones on here (the one I was going to is one of them) and just hoping either one of those surgeons or someone else that has had a good experience with someone and thinks they might be accommodating. I can certainly send picts/video for a bit of consultation.

:(:confused:

Hi FUE,

Sorry to hear about this. I understand that it must be frustrating, but I do recommend taking your time and not rushing into a procedure.

Let me see if I can help point you in the direction of another FUE expert in your geographical locale. Remember, even if you don't undergo surgery with one of these doctors, they may be able to help you better understand your hair loss and undergo a quality procedure somewhere down the road.

In North Carolina, I would consider consulting with Dr. Cooley.

In South Carolina, I would try and speak with Dr. Vories (who specializes exclusively in FUE)

In Georgia you could speak with Dr. Griffin and may even be able to consult at Dr. Mwamba's satellite office (he's a highly respected FUE expert).

You can also meet with any of our recommended physicians in Florida. Dr. Glenn Charles recently started sharing more FUE cases on the forums, so he may be a very good resource in this state.

I hope this helps! Remember that you can always travel for a procedure as well. We do recommend a number of elite FUE practitioners in locations all over the world, and you could always consult with these doctors via the internet and then travel for the procedure at a later date.

Look forward to your reply.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks and I looked shortly after and found these doctors and am in the process of contacting. I'm guessing I'm just going to have to wait longer and unfortunately my very well planned out procedure, change of appearance leading into it (shaving head), organizing for being off work, and planning some vacation to get away while it heals a bit, is wasted on this time around.