pimples/acne in recipient area

I had FUE done over 5 weeks back. I have pimples/acne in the recipient area. My doctor prescribed antibiotics and gel. I am done with the antibiotics. The pimples seem to subside and come back.

I am applying rogaine to the rest of the areas but have avoided the recipient area because of the pimples.

1. Please let me know if anyone has had little pimples/acne in the recipient area. Also, how long does it take for the pimples to subside ? I have been careful but can see new pimples coming and going.

2. I want to resume rogaine in the recipient area but will wait for the pimples to be fully gone. Should I expect the pimples to keep popping up for some time ?

3. There is some on and off itching in the Donor area - Please let me know if anyone has any idea on how long it takes for the donor area itching to stop.

Thanks.

I had FUE done over 5 weeks back. I have pimples/acne in the recipient area. My doctor prescribed antibiotics and gel. I am done with the antibiotics. The pimples seem to subside and come back.

I am applying rogaine to the rest of the areas but have avoided the recipient area because of the pimples.

1. Please let me know if anyone has had little pimples/acne in the recipient area. Also, how long does it take for the pimples to subside ? I have been careful but can see new pimples coming and going.

2. I want to resume rogaine in the recipient area but will wait for the pimples to be fully gone. Should I expect the pimples to keep popping up for some time ?

3. There is some on and off itching in the Donor area - Please let me know if anyone has any idea on how long it takes for the donor area itching to stop.

Thanks.

I had a few recurring ones, usually in the same locations. Maybe 7 or 8 of them. I'd drain them after a shower with some light finger nail work. I got them on and off for maybe 2.5 -3months.

I think sometimes people touch the grafted area too much during the day which can makes things worse. Some good exfoliation in the shower (again with fingernails or a mild apricot scrub) might help.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day