4065 Grafts Dr Hakan Doganay! Australia To Turkey!

Mickeydw

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
Some Money back would be nice, not sure if I've followed a case were the doc is actually wiling to do this!

Hasson and Wong did recently, the guy had to change the title of the thread and I believe he signed some disclaimer, he then basically recanted his result as a misunderstanding. Mind you H&W are a North American surgeons office, I highly doubt physicians in turkey or other developing countries would do that.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Email from Dr Hakans office yesterday below,

"Thanks for the reply.

How can my HT be a success when the transplanted hairs have clearly fallen out?

The full result for a HT can be seen in around 12 months, and transplanted hair keep getting thicker until around 18 months. Once hair grow back and the patient is satisfied with the result after seeing the full result, this case and operation are successful. The most important time for a HT is after the shock loss since transplanted hair may not grow back due to unsuccessful operation or some other reasons such as health problem, not taking care of hair, etc.

Compared to before the operation pictures, you have a succesful result, but based on the pictures your emailed, it seems that there is a hair thinning problem. can we learn whether you are loosing native hair or transplanted hair? Normally, transplanted hair do not fall out, but if they do, they would do on the donor area, too.

why is my right side temple pluggey and looks unnatural?

This could be due to lost of hair and thin hair might cause unnatural appearance.

Lastly, we are willing to help, please allow us to solve if any problem comes up.

All the best, "

I don't agree with what they are saying about how my temple is pluggey from loss of hair as it was

always like this from day dot when they transplanted the hairs it just didn't look

right then and it doesn't look right now either. :rolleyes:

i went to hakan doganay also,had 4000 grafts put in (september 2013),another 2600 grafts(august 2014),and i'm still seeing positive results now,i am a slow grower,maybe you are also,but i did expect more.

Yeah, me too. using toppik ATM so it doesn't look as bad as those photos. and yes it was done in one day

but I was told in the Email previously before going there that it would be a 2 day operation.

So judging by that and thinking back to that point it does seem like it was rushed. I would of rather it take

2days so it's not rushed instead of the 1day for 4000grafts Plus.

You could be right about hairs taken from outside the safe zone, but who knows, it shouldn't of fallen out at the front?! anyway it's not the end of the world and it can be fixed

Just disspointed and wanted to let the forum and its members know what was happening with me! If anyone else has any sussgestions? fire away!

Hasson and Wong did recently, the guy had to change the title of the thread and I believe he signed some disclaimer, he then basically recanted his result as a misunderstanding. Mind you H&W are a North American surgeons office, I highly doubt physicians in turkey or other developing countries would do that.

This conditional resolution is troublesome if true. It reminded me of another thread discussing a pending case with Dr. Doganay. It makes me wonder what would come next if Mickeydw accepted their offer for another surgery.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180476-look-worse-6-months-post-op-then-pre-op.html

Call me crazy, but the patient in that case sure did do a 180 regarding his opinion of his results in such a short period of time. It really makes you wonder how many of these doctors can be trusted and how valid the reputations of some of the doctors recommended on this forum are.

I have read quite a few negative comments about results from Dr. Doganay recently. I think more people need to start threads like this and post negative comments when they know things or talk about bad experiences they have had with all doctors in order to help others who are considering what doctor to choose. I found it strange when first visiting this site that there seemed to be no negative comments about any doctors or HT's in general for that matter. It gives the wrong impression to vulnerable people. We need to try to change that and have the truth represented even if it is sometimes bad.

Often when people post photos in this type of situation , some of the many reps on the board will chime in to try to smooth things over. They will say whatever is necessary to try to shift the blame. I have even seen them say a patient has an illness as if they are a doctor or can somehow diagnose someone online they know nothing about :mad: .

This conditional resolution is troublesome if true. It reminded me of another thread discussing a pending case with Dr. Doganay. It makes me wonder what would come next if Mickeydw accepted their offer for another surgery.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180476-look-worse-6-months-post-op-then-pre-op.html

Call me crazy, but the patient in that case sure did do a 180 regarding his opinion of his results in such a short period of time. It really makes you wonder how many of these doctors can be trusted and how valid the reputations of some of the doctors recommended on this forum are.

I have read quite a few negative comments about results from Dr. Doganay recently. I think more people need to start threads like this and post negative comments when they know things or talk about bad experiences they have had with all doctors in order to help others who are considering what doctor to choose. I found it strange when first visiting this site that there seemed to be no negative comments about any doctors or HT's in general for that matter. It gives the wrong impression to vulnerable people. We need to try to change that and have the truth represented even if it is sometimes bad.

Often when people post photos in this type of situation , some of the many reps on the board will chime in to try to smooth things over. They will say whatever is necessary to try to shift the blame. I have even seen them say a patient has an illness as if they are a doctor or can somehow diagnose someone online they know nothing about :mad: .

I found it quite worrying how quickly that particular patient done a 360° also. Within 5 weeks he went from very very dissatisfied to shortly returning with a short message like... Hi everyone everything is fine now and the doctor is great and disappeared basically

Wow. I dont like seeing results like this and then reading multiple bad experiences. Sorry to you guys. I hope you are able to get it all fixed. Thank you for sharing your stories. It is very helpful to guys reserching fue like me.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

• 2 months later...

hello everyone,i had surgery more then 2 years ago and i can tell you that even im not entirely satisfied.The last time that i was on this site is more then 1 year but now im thinking about another surgery.I transplate about 1300 graphs on the front line and in my case is also one side better then the other.My choice was also Dr. Hakan and if you ask me im satisfied on the better side 8 from 10 but on the other also right side that is not so good around 6.I also wrote to Dr Hakan a few times and they reply me,but i knew that they coudnt help me so i quit and hope for the best resolts.It is better then it was before transp... dont get me wrong, but i was hoping for better resolts and that once will be enough and i will finish with this.I believe they care for there patients because they were always the first asking about my progress.

just wondering at what point is a "failed" HT not the surgeon's "fault". I can see poorly implanted grafts (ie. direction ,sparseness etc), being something totally controllable by the surgeon... but the grafts did grow.... and then for whatever reason, "fell out" and were "lost". I really doubt that was the fault of the surgeon, but more so how the patient's body reacted to the surgery itself.. I think we are too quick to blame the surgeons when a HT "fails". Cosmetic surgery, or any surgery for that matter is never guaranteed... It is even in the waiver you sign prior to the surgery.....

Spidey,maybe you are right maybe not but i was also thinking in this way thats why i didnt email to Dr Hakan.For me it was only strange that the left side was better then the right side.The density of hair on the left side is not as good as it is on the left thats why i have to hide with other hair and it bothers me.

• 1 month later...

what a car crash of a thread lol.

I am now doing all the research and spending all the time i need to across all the main HT forums.....drawing up a list of potential doctors.

I'm basing my decision purely off patient's own experiences and their before/after photos.

Got all excited reading this thread and then it took a real dive.

I guess that strikes out Turkey from the list then... (I live in UK)

hope you get the issues sorted dude.

what a car crash of a thread lol.

I am now doing all the research and spending all the time i need to across all the main HT forums.....drawing up a list of potential doctors.

I'm basing my decision purely off patient's own experiences and their before/after photos.

Got all excited reading this thread and then it took a real dive.

I guess that strikes out Turkey from the list then... (I live in UK)

hope you get the issues sorted dude.

It's absolutely right that you do all the research you can . However , you're going to discount all the surgeons in Turkey based on a single thread / surgeon result ?

Righty Ho - carry on .

It's absolutely right that you do all the research you can . However , you're going to discount all the surgeons in Turkey based on a single thread / surgeon result ?

Righty Ho - carry on .

given the lack of after care he has received, the dodgy emails, and the untruths told by the surgeon, seemingly (i've read all 17 pages properly) - why on earth would i even consider dropping ?7-10k flying all the way to turkey?

EDIT: ok i won't discount all of turkey....i will not consider this particular clinic though!

given the lack of after care he has received, the dodgy emails, and the untruths told by the surgeon, seemingly (i've read all 17 pages properly) - why on earth would i even consider dropping ?7-10k flying all the way to turkey?

EDIT: ok i won't discount all of turkey....i will not consider this particular clinic though!

Well that's fine . It's not what you said though .

If you discount an entire country based on the result of a particular surgeon , you'll have nowhere left to go in a day or so !

• 3 months later...

i am really not knowing how to feel about this, i was planning to have a surgery with dr dogany and now i put a brake on it that decision

are there more cases like this, and where can i read that dr dogany recommendation has been withdrawn the reasons for that decision

i am really not knowing how to feel about this, i was planning to have a surgery with dr dogany and now i put a brake on it that decision

are there more cases like this, and where can i read that dr dogany recommendation has been withdrawn the reasons for that decision

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181266-warning-if-considering-dr-hakan-doganay-read-first.html

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, it’s been awhile! Well thought I’d update my hair status! 

Hair seems to be getting quite thin again especially in the frontal third where I had the transplanted  hairs (4065 Grafts 8355 Hairs) see attached pic below! 

I’m  considering another HT in maybe a year or so. 

Temple hair still looks pluggy to date, I wouldn’t go back to turkey again for a HT.0A039807-9EF5-4234-B78D-57057D38B999.thumb.jpeg.eecba19f1946f3ed36f4e53f71fd69a8.jpeg

also my crown aka the black hole is starting to go! Looks like my hair is doomed! 

Updated pics below! 

24F25C42-A3F1-477B-B351-A48DA69843C0.jpeg

F5E04E95-58E0-4FD4-85B3-E10A1F3FCDC2.png

A739EC92-734C-4071-85E5-9F4DBB14D2BE.jpeg

B3471A56-2BE5-4FEE-BA8C-86285B9EB4DC.png

Gone through this thread and struggling to work out what has happened here what with things seemingly going well and then suddenly thinning in the transplanted area where there seemed to be little native hair.

Think you should be having a few consultations with some of the top surgeons to firstly work out what exactly happened with your first surgery in their opinion. Personally, would be inclined to get the opinion of the top surgeons from North America i.e Konior, H&W etc and maybe some of the ones based in Belgium. 

Not sure how many grafts you have left after the first procedure but they need to used extremely wisely and for that reason, I'd probably only consider the elite surgeons who pretty much do all the work themselves even if it costs more. Again, think it's advisable turning to someone like Dr Konior if you are considering another procedure.

Even though your crown is thinning, focus should be on the frontal area and really think getting back on finasteride would be good idea in your case (maybe try experimenting with dose if you've suffered sides in the past) to try and stop the crown from getting worse. How old are you?

I tired finasteride but experienced  some sexual side effect so I stopped taking it straight away.

Im 36, yeah only Dr Hakans assistants was putting the FUE hairs in. Hardly seen him at all durning the procedure.

i’ll  be definitely doing more research this time round before I take the next HT Plunge! 

Whats the going rate per graft for a top FUE Dr these days? 

Edited by Mickeydw

I also remember Dr Hakan going over my head before the FUE surgery and he said I’d get close to 2000 Grafts.

Then at the end of the operation I was informed I got 4000 plus grafts?! 

Strange I thought, I’ve seen people on here get 2000 grafts and it looks like they got the  same amount I got? 4000 + FUE grafts apparently. 

Hard to find honesty these days I guess especially when your in a forien country you can be easily taken advantage of. 

Food for thought for yas! 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:02 AM, Mickeydw said:

I’m also possibly considering to try scalp micropigmentation. Smp, if there’s anyone that has some thoughts on that? I’d like to hear it. 

Thanks 

I would advise you against that if you are planning to have your hair grow in any sort.

SMP is great if you are shaving head or cutting it very short, but they also draw hairline and if they aren't careful it will be further than your hairline. Meaning that once you put it you can't grow your hair as you will have a hairline + SMP hairline. 

May be you do it on your donor area only? in order to have the option to cut your hair without FUE dots being apparent and have the option to grow your current hair or do further HT 

Good Luck 

I think you should strongly consider going for a FUT procedure with a top rated surgeon. That way you maximize your chances of getting a good result. It's a shame so much of your donor area has been wasted on a bad FUE megasession, but hopefully you can get it fixed with a good FUT surgery. With FUT they are able to cut out the grafts without damaging them, something they can't do with FUE.