Poll: Sides on Minox/Fin Yes/No? - please vote

Is there a poll function on here?

Seeing as i cant find it, i thought it'd be useful to get a simple poll of weather people did or did not have sides on these drugs.

Generally it seems that people who have negative sides come online and complain about it, whereas people who dont have sides just get on with things.

So can we get some replies on this.

I will start;

Fin - 1mg a day, Sides? yes, big loss of libido

Minox - Not yet, just started

I was under the impression there's not really any serious side effects from Minoxidil.

As for Fin, you're really better off reading as many clinical studies as you can. The results from any poll you get online will be pretty biased. Those who have problems are much more likely to be on the internet posting/reading about it.

For what it's worth,

Fin - 0.25mg, no sides, 3 weeks

Min - No sides, 7 months

Well, this is my point. It shouldn't be biased if people on here say if they did or didnt have sides.

As for Minox - ive just started and everywhere i read people are talking about face bloating/bags under eyes etc.

This is why a simple vote by the group of people on this website would give a fair overview.

Fin - 1mg per day, 4 months. Very mild sides, possible slight drop of libido at times but no ED, possible desensitised at times, and the odd bit of ball ache. All very manageable.

minox - morning and night. No sides anymore, but used to get heart palpitations a bit after use. My skin may look a little older too but that could be other factors.

Well, this is my point. It shouldn't be biased if people on here say if they did or didnt have sides.

This is why a simple vote by the group of people on this website would give a fair overview.

Unfortunately I don't think that's the case, there are a lot of people who have accounts on this website. The ones who don't get sides are less likely to post, not just because they're less interested but also because they're probably less active on the forum. People with problems are more likely to be active and participate in the discussion.

You'll probably find a fairly large percentage of people who respond here have side effects, while multiple clinical studies have tested thousands of people and all seem to point to more around 2%. Not saying the studies are perfect, but I tend to trust them more than a handful of people posting in a thread online.

Round 1

------------

Proscar 5mg cut into fourths taken every day from Sept 2010 til May 2013 (some periods every other day)

side effects:

greasy forehead/scalp, sebum plugs, hair shedding including transplanted area, increased libido

Round 2 (same Proscar dosage, four days in a row fifth day skipped)

------------

December 2013 til March 2014

side effects: initial testicle ache first week that later subsided, very greasy forehead on days when taking (worse than first time) after two months, some shedding of transplanted hair at month three

I'm off the drug for good now as it negatively affects my hormones, scalp has returned to being non greasy.

If it works for you stick with it, seems to mess up my hormones and cause frontal thinning/shedding even when my hair is transplanted in my case.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Unfortunately I don't think that's the case, there are a lot of people who have accounts on this website. The ones who don't get sides are less likely to post, not just because they're less interested but also because they're probably less active on the forum. People with problems are more likely to be active and participate in the discussion.

You'll probably find a fairly large percentage of people who respond here have side effects, while multiple clinical studies have tested thousands of people and all seem to point to more around 2%. Not saying the studies are perfect, but I tend to trust them more than a handful of people posting in a thread online.

I don't agree mate. Infact i would bet the majority of people on this site have either had good results from meds and or a HT. Or they are in the process of using meds, and therefore undecided.

I think the people who have tried meds, had a negative response and feel the urge to express that, are in the minority in here.

So i urge everyone reading this thread to post your experience, be it good or bad.

Lets get some real world percentages of side effects.

Propecia 1mg daily, over 10 years. No sides, great responder.

My opinion is that in this day and age with current medical advancements, especially propecia, it is foolish for anyone suffering hairloss to not committ to a year long propecia regiment (unless, obviously, you suffer extreme sides.) to see how they respond. I have many friends who started using propecia in their 20's and i haven't heard of any of them experiencing extreme sides and all have had varying degrees, although all positive, results. This isn't our fathers age when if you were going bald, you were screwed with no alternatives.