Dr. Frank,

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

A little help from Vitamin "F" as well.

very nice transformation with limited number of grafts!

was the deficiency in fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) determined by blood test, or was he suffering from scalp eczema etc?

What brand do you recommend btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

very nice.

I'd also like to know how you determined that he needed vitamin "F" supplements?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

very nice transformation with limited number of grafts!

was the deficiency in fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) determined by blood test, or was he suffering from scalp eczema etc?

What brand do you recommend btw?

I think he means "F" for Finasteride ;)

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I thought he meant 'F' as in Dr. Frank. Fin wouldn't help with the hairline. :)

It'd be great to see immediate post-op pics if they're available to see the distribution of grafts.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I think he means "F" for Finasteride ;)

Ah you are probably right Matt, that's probably what the doc meant.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Lol- my initial thought was he meant F for Dr Frank..

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

The pictures give very limited views and the comparison is exagerrated, but... it looks cool.

In preop pics hair around recipient area is wet and brushed apart to emphasize thinning. In postop pics hair is dry and styled. Not a great comparison, and again very limited views.

The term "lunchtime hair transplant" is also a bit unsettling to be honest. I'm sure it was meant to be silly and point out how his session was small, but it can underplay the seriousness of the procedure as if to say,

Experiencing hairloss? We'll fix it during your lunch break! Come on down! Don't bother doing loads of research, this is not a big deal!

He may have had a marvelous result, but the way the case is presented it's not entirely clear and it's done in an exagerrated way. So instead of just assuming this result turned out great based on limited, biased pictures... I'd instead like to point out, no, actually that can't really be determined and I would really like to see more impartial reporting.

I am not that self indulging to call myself Viamin "F"', but I do like the way it sounds. I was actually referring to Finasteride though. In his case he started taking the generic and it obviously worked nicely. I will try and post the intra operative placement as soon as I am able, but there is no mystery here.

And regarding cost, I rarely like to publish those exact numbers, especially without the patient's permission. At the time, I think we were charging somewhere between 6 to 7 dollars per graft, but since then as my skills, experience, specialization, expertise and demand increases, so does the cost.

I am surprised that nobody has asked how long it took to complete the procedure!

Dr John E Frank, MD

New York City

Dr. John Frank is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I am not that self indulging to call myself Viamin "F"', but I do like the way it sounds. I was actually referring to Finasteride though. In his case he started taking the generic and it obviously worked nicely. I will try and post the intra operative placement as soon as I am able, but there is no mystery here.

He started taking the Finasteride around the same time as the procedure?

Yes, I would love to see the intra operative placement of grafts!

My regimen includes:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some additional photos which help to better illustrate this case. All of the grafts (FUE) were placed front and center and there is no mystery that he benefited from the Finasteride. But that is the beauty of offering simultaneous solutions and with a relatively small number of grafts done over a few hours can yield nice results.

Dr John E Frank, MD

New York

California

Ohio

DSC_2450.jpg.224338fcdcf1fba7814f1851527e282c.jpg

DSC_2373.jpg.5583831a5c370205b3befbda64452a27.jpg

DSC_4663.jpg.c102c32c484a68d5c62f593df6d6ac67.jpg

DSC_4666.jpg.6f83e14d0f01f6a73b4b927ae06e4ef7.jpg

DSC_4664.jpg.7ab064df4d0ad99ec3bd04dfc5b80615.jpg

Dr. John Frank is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Definite improvement. What size hole punch did you use, Dr. Frank? And it would be great to see a photo of his hairline pushed back even though it doesn't appear that is where the majority of grafts were placed. Was this more for added density than hairline restoration?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Dr Frank, I underwent "simultaneous solutions" route with excellent results as well. My surgeon, Dr Mohebi, restored y hairline with FUT while we allowed "vitamin F" and Minox to work the crown. Feel free to take a look at my before and after photos.

Out of curiousity, what percentage patients actually come in these days without ever having tried any of the meds for hair loss? (I imagine it would be rare)

Anyway, I congratulate you and your patient on those great results!

My regimen includes: