5 months post HT and a question about shockloss

Hi! It's been 5 months since my HT, I had about 1000 grafts on my hairline and temples. Been happy and optimistic about this most of the time, but I hit my head after few weeks of my HT and the area has been extremely slow to heal. Even now there is some redness and whatever.

I've been happy with my transplant so far, but on my right temple where I hit my head I suspect that there might be shockloss going on or something else, because it looks much balder than my left temple. I actually feel that in the recent weeks I might have lost some hair there compared to time before that, but I'm not sure though. Is there a reason to suspect that I might have lost hair (native or transplanted) because of the hit on my head, or could the hair just be in a resting phase due to the shock and the slow healing process?

Has anyone else hit their head after HT and what was your experience and results after that?

I feel bad and stupid about hitting my head after transplant, because otherwise this has been going just great and I'm afraid I screw up with this.

Also, are the grafts so settled after few weeks that a hit on the head can't move them around or cause pitting or anything like that..?

we need pics dude.but your probably still in shockloss,i just started to get fine hairs coming out at 5mo 3 weeks.don't worry about hitting your head the grafts are intact.you're going thru the same phase i did,where you start questioning if the ht was a success,only at 12 months you can judge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for the reply! I don't have before-pictures on me now, but I took pictures of both my temples now and it shows that my right temple is way more bald.

I'm planning on taking second transplant after this first one is handled (I thought I'd do it even before I had taken this first transplant), so whatever is not good with my hair after the first one I can still correct. But still, I'm not happy with the difference between my temples. I hope it's just temporary, for whatever reason.

20140317_101016.jpg.c5e6b5c76550b6179807bffd00e15eac.jpg

20140317_101026.jpg.d3fc4fb7c231898df450b307d7b01976.jpg

Also realize, for whatever reason, sometimes one side grows in faster than the other. Both me and another patient from the same surgeon have noticed this with ours. His results have been spectacular so far and he is still noticing the weaker side filling in. Hope this helps.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018