2,800 Grafts with Dr. Cooley

I finally bit the bullet and went to get a haircut today after four months. I have been going to the same lady for the last eight years. She is pretty direct with me and I was curious as to whether or not she would notice anything different from when I saw her last. She would have had no problem asking me if I got a H/T. However, she didn't say anything. Nothing positive, nothing negative. So I guess that is good. Nothing new to report. There are a few sprouts here and there. Coming up on Three months now.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to post a four month update. Things are progressing really nicely. The transplanted hair has started growing and the shockloss has stopped and the hair I lost is slowly beginning to return. I am very pleased with where I am right now. I know I have a long way to go, but so far so good. These photos were taken in natural light with my computer. I just got out of the shower, so my hair is wet. What are your thoughts?

5b32dff8e8227_Photoon6-29-14at11_43AM.jpg.4352bd1726aabfea96d80c6f86c1e635.jpg

5b32dff90b717_Photoon6-29-14at11.43AM2.jpg.067fae1de5d6e963c4bdd07c7350287f.jpg

5b32dff91bd27_Photoon6-29-14at11_44AM.jpg.1acb228ddfe80888cb3def9ea9982286.jpg

5b32dff927898_Photoon6-29-14at11.44AM2.jpg.3faf0accc955ac91b8111789cd45ece7.jpg

5b32dff93a2f6_Photoon6-29-14at11.47AM2.jpg.e497470109bf9ac2f7e53a52112d8fea.jpg

That's awesome, congratulations! Looks like things are progressing nicely.

Excited to hear how it's going.

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little over the fourth month mark. Things continue to progress quite nicely. In my opinion, the photos don't really do it justice. The hairline is starting to grow in quite nicely, but nothing substantial yet. However, the real magic is what has occurred behind the hairline. My hair has thickened up substantially where the transplanted hairs were grafted among the hair that I already had. While my hairline is still what you would consider "mature" I can say that where there was existing hair, it has thickened to where it was when I was in my mid-20s. I am much farther than where I would have expected to be at this point. And I think that this is only the beginning.

5b32e02dac4b3_Photoon7-13-14at10_37AM.jpg.359d20d7efb98c61e0f0ab02069591a0.jpg

5b32e02dc0df6_Photoon7-13-14at10_38AM.jpg.5729123f07df55be591e179b41feb094.jpg

5b32e02dd2eea_Photoon7-13-14at10.38AM2.jpg.51ef035897cc1f8267d77f53be108c07.jpg

Congrats! I'm a month behind you, so it's good to hear. I'm just starting to see some progress, and hoping to being able to say something similar next month.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Good for you. Dr. Cooley is truly a master of his craft. The procedure was super easy and painless and my recovery time was very fast. At four months I can say that my hair looks amazing and I know I have a lot more growth to see. Best of luck! Spray those graphs!

I know this isn't the greatest show, but I wanted to provide an example of how I normally wear my hair. Fourth months ago you could see through the front part of my scalp. But now it is totally covered. The temples are transplanted hair.

5b32e06b3721e_photo2.jpg.9bb410be494e6d41451ee3dd6da56aac.jpg

Really glad to hear how things are progressing! My wife tells me she's noticing a difference also for mine. I'm on travel this week, may post an update when I get back.

Congrats!

Logging in after such a long time.. Your new set of pictures look realy good.. As I recall it was the 5 th month that I started to note that my hair started to become thick ( PRP I reckon).. I am 8 months out now.. scalp has filled about 70 percent.. Unfortunately I am not taking any medicines to stop further hair loss..

• 2 weeks later...

I also wanted to add that I got my hair cut really short a few weeks ago. I am sure many of you all can all relate, but I asked the barber to keep it long and instead she shaved it super short. Anyway, I was worried that you would be able to tell that I had an HT because I had always kept my hair long since getting it. But nope...still all good. Recipient area looks natural and even with clippers you can't see the donor scar.

Here are some photos from 11-12 days post op. The redness has really faded and being that my hair is quite long, no one has been able to tell at all. There really hasn't been much scabbing or flaking. Although, I suspect the graphs are due to shed here in the next few days.

I will say that after 11 days the only real side effect that I have noticed is that my original hair sort of just feel unhealthy. It is limp, dry, no bounce. It is like it is just pissed off at me for putting it through this. However, part of my problem might be that I haven't really been brushing it like I normally do because while the graphs are anchored, I still don't want to disturb them.

Also, there has definitely been some shedding. Not of the transplanted hairs, but the ones I already had. They are not miniaturized though, so I think they will grow back.

All and all, so far so good. The donor area is still a little tender, but even that is going away.

Let me know your thoughts.

where's doctor cooley? is he in the UK?FYI: it'd be really helpful if u would mention doctor cooley from like wexford, ireland otherwise other people miss out on finding him