Starting my HT story at HDC Clinic - 2200 grafts

herculesTang

Hello everyone,

I have been reading for a while various hair transplant forums and I realized that patients who post their case, help each other with disclosing information about various doctors / clinics and are also getting support from the other users. So here I am, sharing my experience. I also have the impression that if a patient will post his story from the beginning, doctors and clinics will be aware of it and they will try their best to deliver a good result, otherwise they can be exposed if the result is not good.

I have to be honest, people around me, friends, family and girlfriend, have never made me feel uncomfortable for my hair loss problem but regardless, it was often an issue for me the last years. It’s just something that when i see it, makes me feel uncomfortable and doesn't look right on my head. I was keep ignoring it because it was in the crown, but not anymore.

Why hair transplant?

My hair loss issue is something that was visible the last 4 years but i had only started my research for the last 10 months. After i realized that no medication will solve my issue i started looking for the correct hair transplant method and clinic. The internet is full of information but for me it’s difficult to trust so i started my research to clinics asking for consultation.

Why i chose HDC?

After some months of research HDC seem to be the easy choice for me and i will explain why.

Firstly i checked a lot of their results and needless to say they do amazing work. What i really liked about them after speaking directly with HDC staff and the doctors, is that they really cared about fixing my problem from the aesthetic and visual part in order to provide artistic and natural result, giving a lot of attention to the physiological part as well. The consultation was very objective, one of the doctors even suggested me to use less grafts in order to make it look more natural. So from that point i knew that these guys are not only here to put some hair in my head and make some money but really to make me feel better and do the job right.

In addition some other smaller parameters for HDC that affected my choice is their website, yes in their website, there is a lot of content written in simple language, blog posts, guides and more. Why this is important?

Because the fact that they spend a lot of time and resources, to educate people, provide advices and all this content to their website means that they care to give (not only get) and they pay a lot attention to the detail.

Cost was of course an issue for me and for most of us i guess and i have to admit that HDC is not the cheapest clinic out there. But really is hair transplant something that worth risking it for a few hundred euros? To be fair I need to say that HDC is definitely cheaper than other good clinics in Europe and the U.S.

Finally i thought that lying on a bed and having some people working on my head for so many hours is not something i would enjoy doing with anyone but only with the pros.

So here i am now, this is my current situation, these above are my clear thoughts on the path i followed to proceed wrong or correct, future will show by my whole experience and result.

I am doing 2200 grafts on crown area on 4 of April 2014 and I will keep you up to date sharing all my experience.

Wish me luck

IMG_20140228_183855.jpg.5cb27edca2ae103f7d088a293ca729cf.jpg

IMG_20140228_102642.jpg.ce52ea76f88bed54ef5cd00820429c45.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, I am so excited to tell you that my procedure was finished with success yesterday.

I will share my story as promised for people that still have worries and thoughts whether or not to proceed with an FUE Hair transplant.

My overall experience was great, the process was almost painless except for very little bites while using the local anesthetic, but regardless that part rest of the steps i didnt feel anything.

The doctors of HDC clinic were very effective to their job and the nurses were having a good care on me. I have never felt uncomfortable or need to exit.

I was worrying a lot for my visual appearance after the procedure (I have a lot of meetings with customers). But i plan to stay home for the next 4 days for safety reasons and the next 2 weeks i will work from home. After that i supposed i will be ok

I am must be honest i didnt study enough before i go, so i was surprised of how much complicated and time consuming FUE is. But gladly we had few breaks in between with breakfast and launch and the TV in the room helped me enjoy my time there without getting bored.

Enough said, you can see the photos taken by my phone just after the procedure.. The only thing remaining is to wait for the results in the next months.

Please share your comments i would be grateful to read your opinions.

If you need to know more details of the procedure or my experience please feel free to ask me

thanks a lot guys

justafter3.jpg.040b666e9903a767eccdddbac67698d4.jpg

justafter4.jpg.ec21530866b55d65f1097ca4aa4d6c5d.jpg

5b32de42e64b8_justafter2.jpg.7538a36f91a94f118f1c1754ab1fdde8.jpg

5b32de4306fb7_Justafter.jpg.46acd61e5b59335877f3278b1905a2d5.jpg

5b32de438e7b7_fewhoursafter.jpg.be25e7b39b9b22a2da6be1b1aca9980c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, sorry for the late response. I please to tell you that after 30 days everything run smoothly. Not much to see in regards of results, i guess is too early :) but you can see my photo updates below

Feel free to ask me anything you like

IMG_20140505_165733.jpg.3f3591b995fd44b270f847db6ac9a918.jpg

IMG_20140505_165713.jpg.3a15699f96f32a98c8c1bba3aae6a18b.jpg

IMG_20140505_165636.jpg.820df62941d123a5fa6396870e7f6fa6.jpg

looks clean.. can't wait to see them grow out! you must be very excited!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Looks good so far, once again I am always impressed by how clean HDC is with their extraction sites... Was your surgery done by Dr. Maras?

Hello Arrie, Yes it was done mainly by Dr Maras and Dr Voskos participate too

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello guys an update on my case. I can now feel positive on my progress :)

Hi herculesTang,

Thanks for the update. I am glad that everything is working out as anticipated.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...