Dr Demirsoy - 3360 grafts FUE- Feb 2014

imnothere

So heres my HT with Dr Dermirsoy.

Im not going to do a detailed write up, as i cant describe it better than Jim, in this thread-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173669-fue-dr-erkan-demirsoy-2500-grafts-11th-february-2014-a-post2381998.html#post2381998

I had 3360 grafts, mostly 2s and 3s apparently.

I wanted to keep a mature receeded hairline, as i had this hairline 10 years ago, but without any thinning. I would love to have that again.

Currently 5 days out. All healing well it seems, all scabbed up. Some pain in donor area though. Sort of dull burning ache. But i have just had 3000 bits of flesh removed from my head...

Anyways here is some pics. Click on them for larger HQ image.

dd66c7334936983.jpg

9c7e78334937005.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notthere,

Congratulations! The work looks very refined. I look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

HI, just an update now 8 days in.

All scabs off, and most of the hair still there.

IM applying alow vera gel a few times a day to reduce redness. Witch Hazel coming soon.

What do you guys think of the density? There are a few more gaps than id have hoped for..

f5d156311543878.jpg

Edited by imnothere

Looking good. I think the density should be fine as you appear to have quite coarse hair.

Of course, with the final result you will need to have a hairstyle with a bit of length in order to make it look at its most dense.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for your input Matt.

Looks like you've had a cracking result, interested to see you Propecia regime..

Im loathed to get back on it, but once a week i could probably manage.

How did you find the side effects on a weekly dose?

Thanks for your input Matt.

Looks like you've had a cracking result, interested to see you Propecia regime..

Im loathed to get back on it, but once a week i could probably manage.

How did you find the side effects on a weekly dose?

Hardly any sides with one pill. I think splitting pills does not help as taking one pill as opposed to a half actually gives less sides. I may experiment with taking 2 pills a week.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys,

5 week update.

As stated i have started Minox 5% (Only once a day) about a week ago. That seems to have made me start shedding almost immediately.

I had been hanging on to my transplanted hair quite well, but im not bothered if Minox kick starts this process

Redness is only really visable on the hairline itself - seems to look worse in pics.

I think i may have some shock loss at the top on the side. If you look at my pics before HT, i had pretty thick hair in that area, but these pics make it look thin as hell.

These are taken in direct daylight.

What do you think?

21274d317600529.jpg

Looks good so far. Redness on hairline is very minimal for a light skinned dude so you are healing well! Shedding is right on track imo, mines occured during weeks 4-6.

Happy growing!

This might sound a strange thing to say, but in hindsight i wish id asked for more documented results from this clinic.

When i was in the consultation they only seemed to have 9 or 10 results to show me. And most of those were ones i had already seen online..

So to get there and only be shown ones id already seen was a bit concerning. He should have hundreds of results surely?!!

I dont regret anything, as all seems to be healing well, however i just wanted to let people know this.

Guys Dr.Demirsoy is well known. There is one German forum where you can find more of his work.

I've been on the German forums, there still aren't many full grown results.

This might sound a strange thing to say, but in hindsight i wish id asked for more documented results from this clinic.

When i was in the consultation they only seemed to have 9 or 10 results to show me. And most of those were ones i had already seen online..

So to get there and only be shown ones id already seen was a bit concerning. He should have hundreds of results surely?!!

I dont regret anything, as all seems to be healing well, however i just wanted to let people know this.

I've been on the German forums, there still aren't many full grown results.

True, Demirsoy just doesn't "market" himself as much as most HT doctors do. I actually asked him why he had such a small amount of results and through the translator he mentioned something along the lines of "most patients never come back" lol lets just hope they were all happy enough with their results not to come back! :D

In all honesty though, the work speaks for itself and I for one would definitely go back if i had more donor hair to spare :)

• 3 weeks later...

So im just coming upto 2 months.

Original hair seems to be returning ok, cant really noticed much shock loss - but it is hard to tell at this length.

I look pretty bad at the moment, as my donor area seems to be dark and as thick as ever, which really contrasts the top.. Need to get the clippers on it.

I managed to bang my head aswell, which worried me, but it was a blunt impact an didnt have any real bleeding.

I seem to have retained a fair few of the transplanted hairs, which feel like stubble. Ive tried to show this on the zoomed in picture below. Considering that part was almost slick bald, you can see quite a few hairs still there that havent shed.

Is this a good or bad indication either way?

d75240322132921.jpg

b9edcc322132938.jpg