Dr Demirsoy - 3360 grafts FUE- Feb 2014

imnothere

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imnothere some hairs will stay. That doesn't mean that they will not grow. I think you are in pretty natural state right now the "shock loss" stage. Do you apply minoxidil and do you take biotin on regular basis? The growing process should be kick started with minoxidil (It will occur naturally but minoxidil will make your hair grow faster, and get you out of that phase as soon as possible) :)

I had a procedure with Demirsoy in Jan this year. It took 14 weeks before my shedding stage stopped and the growth began, with a noticeable difference after 16 weeks (see this thread for results so far: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175014-demirsoy-before-after-16-weeks-3750-fue.html).

Sit tight and don't worry. And make sure you are taking your Biotin Tablets, and Minoxidil.

I've also been taking Kelp and have been eating a lot more Omega three via Fish.

• 3 weeks later...

1 week off a 3 month update.

I have mixed feelings. Happy about healing and the fact i have growth, but the big spaces in between hairs that worry me. Especially the last picture.

In reality i know its early and alot of the hairs havent sprouted yet, but ive seen other 3 months results and they seem to have alot more than me..

I does look better in real life than these harsh sunny photos, in my opinion.

So at 3 months, have a lot of hairs not even sprouted?

Comments?

05f2ca326346429.jpg

c44baa326346450.jpg

277920326346467.jpg

e71048326346481.jpg

Any comments. I know its too early for any worrys, but i think paranoia is part of HT recovery progress :)

like u said mate, its 2 early 2 worry, at 3months the growth usually begins, it doesn't tend to be uniform, just a hair here and there to start, i'd just relax and by month 6 you'll have a much better idea

3 month update guys.

Seems to have started to kick off now. I can feel lots of prickly little ones coming through also.

Its amazing how light changes what you see. Out of the sun, my head looks really dark with great coverage, but in day light and especially looking at photos, it looks like nothing is there!

Apologies for the bad face editing - when i open the pic to edit it, its completly zoomed it. Probably time to upgrade from Paintbrush..

Anyways, what do you think?

da6215328114439.jpg

I am 45 days behind you, still shedding. I hope I have as much progress as you at 3 months LOL. I do look a lot like you currently because I started with more hair. I am considering to trim my hair #1 or so may be try to blend it with the top. Only concern is if this would expose the donor extraction pattern too much, although it looks kinda cool. I think I will do it tomorrow, I've been conditioning myself to do it for a week now...

Well I did it. Grade 1 now and looking badass. I will keep it this way until it grows. I didn't go to demisroy, I went with my nearest doctor with adequate results.

Happy growing!

• 1 month later...

Well my previous 4 month update has vanished, so here is another one.

The pictures taken outside are after wearing hat, and was a bit greasy from minox - so looking my worse basically.

Its hard to say if im plased or not. In the bathroom it looks greast for 4 months, but then i see these pictures outside and find it hard believe its going to get good coverage in the next few months..

I know i should have a lot more growth to come, but after seeing other people 4 month progress, i get a bit concerned.

I can feel stubble coming through see, however not in the center mid part of my head, which is disappointing.

Anyways, what do you think?

ca8a35334933987.jpg 4f90dc334934036.jpg 4e6b55334934101.jpg 129e5f334934120.jpg 906ffa334934166.jpg 4fd56c334934217.jpg

Hi imnothere

I think its going pretty good. It only can get better from here. I saw one patient that was very late with his growing phase (a late bloomer) and I think you are also like that. But it will grow that's for sure. I am Dr. Demirsoys patient also and I am in my 2-nd month, so keep us posted. I think its good so far.

Thanks for your input.To be honest i think im quite an early grower,when you see my 3 months.

But i had my expectations a bit high for the 4th month for some reason..

One thing that i find strange is, i keep reading about the new hairs growing very fine and vellus in the early stages, mine however seem very thick. Its the sparseness that concerns me however.

I probably just need to learn some patience. :)

Good luck with yours!

• 2 weeks later...

4.5 months and im pretty happy!

As hoped, things have improved the last 3 weeks, and just letting it grow helps with how it looks.

Got first haircut today, which felt great. I hadn't seen the barber since i before HT, and was curios whether it would be noticed, however nothing was said.

Its so good to sit in the barbers chair and see a hairline that i don't despise!

I think my left side is growing better, and has a more natural shape. The right side is a little straighter than i wanted, but hey.

The center of my head, behind the forelock is still very thin though. Im hoping its just a little late growing.

Anyways, here some pics.

3ce7d6337155024.jpg b15b1d337155036.jpg bb25ef337155050.jpg d25c24337155090.jpg 15174a337155125.jpg

I am reading. I'd say it's quite interesting to follow someone who had surgery at around the same time, so that I can compare my results and mood "in real time". Like a competition lol.

IS there much point in me keep updating this thread?

Anyone reading it?

I read every update mate. Please keep it updated. I think it looks good. I would be very happy after 4.5 months.

Just over 4.5 months. Im really pleased, even if it stayed like this.

If you ever wanted to see how evil indoor bright lights are - check these out.

My hair looks really good outside in sunlight, but artificial light just kills it..

Excuse the crazy style - i just ran my hands thru it and pushed it all up. I havent done that in years :)

Edited by imnothere

So true, at this stage, all is a matter of light conditions. But it`s looking very good so far, and remember you are only at about halftime, there is more to come, and then maturing will occur, too. So you should have an awsome result after 8 - 10 months. Thanks for keeping us updated!

(Btw you now have experienced how a HT journey really is like a rollercoaster of feelings, I promise you`ll have some downs from time to time in the upcoming weeks, but thats just a normal part of the process, so you just gotta wait, and you`ll be just happy in the end (promise, too ;)))