Dr Hakan Dogany booked 12th March 2014 - Advise required Please

Bradford786

Hi Guys,

Firstly Thanks to this forum I have finally decided on the Surgeon who will Operate on me, After 2 Years of researching FUE and Surgeons I have decided to Travel to Turkey to Have the treatment carried out by Dr Hakan. The reason why he was the one is purely based on his experience and Natural results not forgetting all the happy clients on this forum.

I have been advised by Dr hakan and His English speaking rep My Ahmet, Lovely guy who is very kind and always reply back to email rapidly unlike some surgery's who cant be asked replying, They have advised me based on my pictures i will require 3500-4000 Grafts but will give me defo number on the day of consultation

My Treatment date is on the 12/13th March 2014, will be flying on the 11th from Manchester, Cant wait lol

Can anyone give me any pre Surgery advise or anything I should know about the surgery ?

Also any of you guys booked with Dr Hakan recently who will share there experience good or bad?

Your replays would be highly appreciated as without you guys and this forum I feel lost .

I have attached a Picture of my head as Its looks now

Thank you in advance

Saj

IMG_1641.jpg.6132e4b7294b6f57cb85426d5cc59774.jpg

Hi Buddy, I'm glad that you decided to do it with one of the most successful HT surgeons in Turkey. Regarding Pre surgery, its advisable to avoid applying Minoxidil one week before surgery and stop taking Vitamen E, Aspirin or any other supplements.

About my Hakan experience, I was very pleased with his great customer service and bed manner. He is a very friendly HT surgeon that listens well to the patient to meet his expectation. He takes real time in order to draw a hairline and consult the patient about it before resuming the surgery which I respect that a lot as I didn't experience it before. He has a great head nurse doing motorized extractions (Hava) and a very helpful supporting Doctor assistant who speaks well English (Ayehan). Also Dr. Hakan uses the implantor with great talent and minimal pain (which assures him to do all incisions and implantations himself). These days they are offering two types of anesthesia (General & local). However I choose local in order to see whats going on...lol

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri,

are you sure they are offering general anesthesia ?

When I contact them previously they told me that they can give you a pill that will make you sleep, is that what you are referring about?

Hi Bradford.

Good luck. I'm booked in with Dr Hakan on the 7/8th March for 4500-5000 grafts.

Absolutely right about Ahmet at the clinic, nice guy and literally replied to each email within minutes.

Out of curiosity, how do you plan on paying? They told me there was 8% card charge if I paid with my debit card after the surgery, so I am planning on transferring the funds before I go.

Regards,

BFA

Hi Bradford.

Good luck. I'm booked in with Dr Hakan on the 7/8th March for 4500-5000 grafts.

Absolutely right about Ahmet at the clinic, nice guy and literally replied to each email within minutes.

Out of curiosity, how do you plan on paying? They told me there was 8% card charge if I paid with my debit card after the surgery, so I am planning on transferring the funds before I go.

Regards,

BFA

i just had an HT last month with Dr Hakan

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173801-dr-hakan-doganay-3367-grafts-22nd-jan-2014-pros-cons-nerve-pain-etc.html

I paid 20% advance by bank, the rest i paid in cash (pounds)... just take the money with you

Edited by fueman

Saj if you need any advise let me know...

make sure you take with you a travel pillow

very loose hat (head is going to be slightly swollen - also not wool type)

get your visa online (avoid queue)

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

take zipped hoodys, buttoned tops etc

something i didnt do - take an empy spray bottle, so you can spay on your head every couple of hours to keep moist, this will help in removing scabs

Saj if you need any advise let me know...

make sure you take with you a travel pillow

very loose hat (head is going to be slightly swollen - also not wool type)

get your visa online (avoid queue)

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

take zipped hoodys, buttoned tops etc

something i didnt do - take an empy spray bottle, so you can spay on your head every couple of hours to keep moist, this will help in removing scabs

You need a visa to travel to turkey and return?

You need a visa to travel to turkey and return?

yes it cost ?10 at the Airport, also i'm pretty sure it has to be a ?10 note only, no change...

it last for 6 months...

getting it online saves all the hassle and its real easy to sort out, although the cost is $20 so converting it works out just slightly more than ?10

Hi guys , thanks for the advice so far , really appreciated plus I don't feel all alone now lol

Just a couple of questions i have advised to start using Biotin and Finesterida month before surgery ?

Where can I purchase and are these tablets important ?

BFA316 I was thinking of taking cash with me and pay in full but ahmet advised me to transfer 50% before treatment and the rest on the day ? Do you get charged to transfer Money via bank ? 8% percent is a lot on full payment .

Where will you be staying after the surgery ? Have they booked a hotel for you ?

4500 grafts in 2 sessions . Are you having manual or motor extraction , good luck bro please keep me updated , do you have any before pics?

Ahmet advised me to stay at the hospital after surgery but honestly speaking I can't stand hospital environments etc never mind staying the night hence I have told him I would like a hotel to stay in.

Fueman thank you for the advice matey , how was your experience after the surgery ? Are you taking any medication pre or post surgery? Yes I will be taking suitable clothing and hat

Where did you stay ?

Hi guys , thanks for the advice so far , really appreciated plus I don't feel all alone now lol

Just a couple of questions i have advised to start using Biotin and Finesterida month before surgery ?

BFA316 I was thinking of taking cash with me and pay in full but ahmet advised me to transfer 50% before treatment and the rest on the day ? Do you get charged to transfer Money via bank ? 8% percent is a lot on full payment .

Where will you be staying after the surgery ? Have they booked a hotel for you ?

4500 grafts in 2 sessions . Are you having manual or motor extraction , good luck bro please keep me updated , do you have any before pics?

Ahmet advised me to stay at the hospital after surgery but honestly speaking I can't stand hospital environments etc never mind staying the night hence I have told him I would like a hotel to stay in.

Fueman thank you for the advice matey , how was your experience after the surgery ? Are you taking any medication pre or post surgery? Yes I will be taking suitable clothing and hat

Where did you stay ?

i dont take meds pre or post, although i have started taking biotin tab a day which was provided. I was told to take 1/4 tab fin a day too, but i'm uncomfortable with taking it due to the potential side effects!!

I will start minoxidil 5% soon instead...

i stayed at blue garden hotel. nice hotel; was empty though not holiday season, only bad thing was the corner of the road was a hotspot for prostitutes, and i swear i saw one leaving the hotel once when i was entering it...

i stayed in hospital one night; post op, the food was nasty...but it was convenient for me, my op was under general anesthetic so i was proper dazed after the op

yes it cost ?10 at the Airport, also i'm pretty sure it has to be a ?10 note only, no change...

it last for 6 months...

getting it online saves all the hassle and its real easy to sort out, although the cost is $20 so converting it works out just slightly more than ?10

cool i Will need 2 Then because my girlfriend is going with me ?

Thank you for the advise

i dont take meds pre or post, although i have started taking biotin tab a day which was provided. I was told to take 1/4 tab fin a day too, but i'm uncomfortable with taking it due to the potential side effects!!

I will start minoxidil 5% soon instead...

i stayed at blue garden hotel. nice hotel; was empty though not holiday season, only bad thing was the corner of the road was a hotspot for prostitutes, and i swear i saw one leaving the hotel once when i was entering it...

i stayed in hospital one night; post op, the food was nasty...but it was convenient for me, my op was under general anesthetic so i was proper dazed after the op

So how was the local people Down there? Was it nice?

Any funny looks or comments from other people after the OP?

Johnny2000, you wont believe this. In Turkey especially in Istanbul. People walk around with their naked post op heads without any cover. Its so normal there as its considered the capital of HT. In my case I'm over conscious so I covered it with loose hat. Bottom line Turkish people doesn't give a damn about a post op head. Its so normal in an usual way.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Johnny2000, you wont believe this. In Turkey especially in Istanbul. People walk around with their naked post op heads without any cover. Its so normal there as its considered the capital of HT. In my case I'm over conscious so I covered it with loose hat. Bottom line Turkish people doesn't give a damn about a post op head. Its so normal in an usual way.

Really?

Crazy??? im very scared about the process after the HT

Going trough security and people seeing me my head after the HT.

I hope i Can keep a hat on almost all the time after the HT and until i am home in my bed ?

Where did you stay ?

Hi Bradford,

I'm setting up a euro bank account, I imagine an international transfer charge of €20-30 applies. Setting up a euro account to avoid being screwed by bank exchange rates as I will exchange funds elsewhere.

I will be staying at the hospital throughout my stay in Antalya. I arrive on Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon.

It will be done via motor extraction.

Have you decided whether you will be going with general or local anaesthetic? They would prefer me to use general but I've never had it before and feel uneasy with it, so they have said I can use local if I prefer.

I started a thread with pics. Link below:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173749-booked-4500-5000-fue-dr-hakan-doganay-march-2014-a.html

Regards,

BFA

Edited by BFA316

Fueman thank you for advice , can you show me any recent pics etc? Is your ht hair falling out?

As bfa stated he is not sure weather to go with local or general I am also contemplating this 2, can you advise us on the pros and cons please?

I would rather knockout and wake up all done but there most be side effects

What are the side effects fin?

Bfa are you taking any tablets recommended by dr pre treatment ?

Bfa I will be visiting my bank tomorrow to Set up transfer, ?25 charge.

Are you flying direct from UK ? We could have met for a drink but you will be back on UK soil when I arrive .

Here's my thread on my FUE:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173801-dr-hakan-doganay-3367-grafts-22nd-jan-2014-pros-cons-nerve-pain-etc.html

there are no side effects of general or local anesthetics..... however if its a big session FUE eg 3000+ grafts in one go, then general is preferred, otherwise local, so you can see whats being done and by whom!

Antalya was nice, although i went to Istanbul straight after for 4 nights which was amazing and the people are real nice in general...

I had my hat on outside, but when i returned back to UK, i saw 2 fellow FUE patients in the airport without a hat on and no one even batted an eyelid.

For the deposit, take the cash and pay it in to the UK a/c given (no charge)

Hi all

I am pretty new to this forum but am also thinking of going to Dr Doganay. My hairline and temples have receded and I want to get them filled in; not too drastically as I wear my hair combed forward. I think I'd need about 2000 grafts but maybe more, or less. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to book but there's a few things I'm concerned about:

1. How do you keep it from work colleagues? I'm thinking that around the time I will book off 2 weeks and hopefully get it done in the first few days, leaving about 12 days before I return to work. Is this enough time for the scabs/redness to subside? The transplant would be around my native hair so I think I could hide it quite well. Does the recipient need to be shaved as well as donor?

2. Also going through customs worries me. I think I could hide it reasonable well with concealer and my hair combed over it but this is still a bit of a worry. The problem is that if I don't shave down the whole of the back of my hair, I will have a shaved bit from which the grafts were extracted. Then if I shave my whole head I nullify the shaved donor but the shaved recipient becomes more apparent.

3. Future loss - I currently use propecia but it only seems to be slowing loss. I'm hoping I have enough donor to get further treatment as and when necessary.

Sorry for the long post. Anyone share the same concerns?

Thanks

garethbale

Hi fueman,

Hope you are well matey , thank you for the confirmation , my treatment would be over 2 days 2k each day, do you advise me to go local or general ?

I believe in local there are a number of injections given which hurt?

In general no injections but you are half past dead semi conscious ?

What is the process for general ? Sleeping pills etc ? Are you awake , drowsy, how did you feel after the treatment ? Any side effects ? Please advise

I have deposited the money today and I will wait for Ahmet to confirm , I don't have to take a large amount of cash with me now.

If I remember correctly you are 3 months post , has your shock loss started ? Also do you have any latest pics?

Do I need a normal baseball cap ? If nit which type would be suitable

Thanks in advance

Fueman thank you for advice , can you show me any recent pics etc? Is your ht hair falling out?

As bfa stated he is not sure weather to go with local or general I am also contemplating this 2, can you advise us on the pros and cons please?

I would rather knockout and wake up all done but there most be side effects

What are the side effects fin?

Bfa are you taking any tablets recommended by dr pre treatment ?

Bfa I will be visiting my bank tomorrow to Set up transfer, ?25 charge.

Are you flying direct from UK ? We could have met for a drink but you will be back on UK soil when I arrive .

Hi Bradford,

I'm taking Biotin as of today but have refused the proscar the doctor recommended due to previous side effects.

I'm flying from Heathrow to Istanbul and then Antalya. Would have been good to meet but I will be in hibernation for week or so as soon as I get back and then to work. From your name, I take it we also live quite a few miles apart.

Hi bfa,

You have me worried now as I have made ?4000 payment and this was sent to ahmets account , iam sure this shoud be fine, the surgery is highly recommended on this forum

Has anyone else made payment via transfer to Ahmet account ?

Hi bfa,

You have me worried now as I have made ?4000 payment and this was sent to ahmets account , iam sure this shoud be fine, the surgery is highly recommended on this forum

Has anyone else made payment via transfer to Ahmet account ?

Hi Bradford,

I emailed the clinic regarding my concerns. They explained that having an account in the company's name would also add an 8% charge, so they set up an account under the Foreign coordinators name - Ahmet Karpuz.

I'm sure it should be absolutely fine, but would also be interested if anyone else has done the same.

Regards,

BFA