My 3500grafts FUE with Dr. Maral in Istanbul

Hesediel

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanna be a party pooper but is it just me who thinks the grafts have been taken far too low in the donor area where it's likely the follicles are likely to thin once moved to a high dht area in recipient area? In a nut shell follicles have been used that are outside of usable donor safe zone.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey there guys, I'm doing alright.

Today is day 20 and a bit of shedding is starting. I can find a couple of hair on my hands when I wash them or if I scratch my head. The scalp has been a bit itchy lately and I've had a bit of dandruff but I don't think its related to the hair transplant.

I know that now ahead of me theres months of waiting and I have to start accepting the fact I'm going to lose the transplanted hair buuut... I actually liked to see myself shaved and with a nice hairline!

I'll keep you guys updated, will be posting some pics today afternoon.

Personally I think it looks remarkably well considering it's only 20 days since your HT and your skin doesn't look that red either. More than likely your implanted hairs will now shed over the next month, but as I am sure you know from your research they will then regrow from the newly implanted follicles and start to reappear after a few months. If they all come back though in the same pattern you can see at the moment it will look fantastic by the 8 month mark.

Personally I think it looks remarkably well considering it's only 20 days since your HT and your skin doesn't look that red either. More than likely your implanted hairs will now shed over the next month, but as I am sure you know from your research they will then regrow from the newly implanted follicles and start to reappear after a few months. If they all come back though in the same pattern you can see at the moment it will look fantastic by the 8 month mark.

Thanks for your reply man, I really hope so.

Also, I hope that the fact I'm young (24 years old) will make my healing and my regrowth faster than usual.

By the way, is there such thing as a "post HT diet"? I mean avoiding certain foods, alchool/smoke, taking supplements, specific vitamins etc etc?

Thanks for your reply man, I really hope so.

Also, I hope that the fact I'm young (24 years old) will make my healing and my regrowth faster than usual.

By the way, is there such thing as a "post HT diet"? I mean avoiding certain foods, alchool/smoke, taking supplements, specific vitamins etc etc?

I am not too sure about a specific post HT diet, I just eat healthily and took regular vitamins with the only other supplement being L-Lysine (1000mg) tablets on a daily basis. I am not sure if L-Lysine helped but I decided to take it because it is an amino acid protein that makes up the structure of all cells and tissues in the body, including muscle tissue, internal organs, tendons, skin, hair and nails.

I bought them from the following health supplement store in the UK

L-Lysine (1000mg) | Amino Acids | Holland & Barrett

I don't think drinking alcohol will be an issue, especially if you drink in moderation, but if you smoke I would definitely advise you to cut down or try and quit as nicotine causes vascular constriction, which results in a reduced blood supply to your scalp, and you don't want that to happen as all those little grafts need as much help as possible! :D

I am not too sure about a specific post HT diet, I just eat healthily and took regular vitamins with the only other supplement being L-Lysine (1000mg) tablets on a daily basis. I am not sure if L-Lysine helped but I decided to take it because it is an amino acid protein that makes up the structure of all cells and tissues in the body, including muscle tissue, internal organs, tendons, skin, hair and nails.

I bought them from the following health supplement store in the UK

L-Lysine (1000mg) | Amino Acids | Holland & Barrett

I don't think drinking alcohol will be an issue, especially if you drink in moderation, but if you smoke I would definitely advise you to cut down or try and quit as nicotine causes vascular constriction, which results in a reduced blood supply to your scalp, and you don't want that to happen as all those little grafts need as much help as possible! :D

Sounds great, I'm gonna order that supplement, plus I bought a multi-vitamin and multi-minerals supplement with also zinc, copper, magnesium, iron and everything. But extra Lysine won't hurt.

I asked because I tend to have a unhealthy nutrition (caffeine, sodas, red meats, smoked meats, fried food) a lot and I might have to cut that down, along with alchool. Afterall, its for the sake of my hair, and theres no food in the whole world worth a bald head.

• 2 weeks later...

1 month post HT update:

tjgBgna.jpg?1

oNbobzn.jpg?1

66dIpxU.jpg?1

Urc1tj7.jpg?1

I have no itch or pain, however the recipient area is still a bit numb.

I've had no pimples or dandruff.

Majority of the transplanted hair have shed, but I can see already the new ones poking out.

The recipient area is still slightly red but that'll go away only with the passing of the time.

Your donor area looks cool but the hairline looks very unnatural. It seems that the doctor who operated on you didn't really put any effort to design a natural looking hairline. I hope you don't mind my observation.

You are young yet and after losing your native hair you will have a roundy hair spot on top.

I have started saving money for my operation which I hope to have after 1 year but in the meantime I can get all the knowledge after seeing all kind of results from different doctors

Your donor area looks cool but the hairline looks very unnatural. It seems that the doctor who operated on you didn't really put any effort to design a natural looking hairline. I hope you don't mind my observation.

You are young yet and after losing your native hair you will have a roundy hair spot on top.

I have started saving money for my operation which I hope to have after 1 year but in the meantime I can get all the knowledge after seeing all kind of results from different doctors

I absolutely LOVE the way my hairline looks.

It couldn't have been possible to make it look like more natural than this.

Consider:

1) It fits my face shape and size (which I'm obviously not posting on a public thread in a public forum to avoid identity thief)

2) It looks EXACTLY how it looked like before losing my hair (which you have no idea about since you haven't seen me)

Dr. Maral's work is absolutely outstanding. And the new hair already poking out, amazing.

I'm so happy I can't even describe it.

Also, funny.

You signed up 24 minutes ago and the first thing you've done was commenting this specific thread just to say Dr. Maral's work was bad.

Without providing anything constructive to the forum or to the other users.

I wouldn't be surprise to find out that you're just another sockpuppet of a forum user who had a bad experience with Dr. Maral and you're here just for showeling crap on this doctor's name.

This said, I can't wait to hit 6 months mark.

ooo my god would you people please listen to Hesediel. What he means is that no one must post a negative comment about his doctor. I see that now all the new members who will post on Dr. Maral will be suspects.

why I commented on your post? just because I am doing my own research for my own operation and yours was one of the top posts with pictures. I did tell you that your donor area looks cool didn't I?

If you didn't like my observation then I take it back and will say that your hairline looks absolutely lovely.

Man this was a great welcoming attack on this forum.

Friend if you cannot take negative comments about your operation or the doctor then I suggest you stop publishing your progress.

well I am sorry if I have put you in a panic situation and as I said I take back what I said and say instead that your hairline looks absolutely lovely. I hope you are relaxed now. Amazing!

by the way I have just commented on one of Dr. Maral's patients abcd http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172287-my-progress-dr-maral-11.html

please read my comment on his post as well

ooo my god would you people please listen to Hesediel. What he means is that no one must post a negative comment about his doctor. I see that now all the new members who will post on Dr. Maral will be suspects.

why I commented on your post? just because I am doing my own research for my own operation and yours was one of the top posts with pictures. I did tell you that your donor area looks cool didn't I?

If you didn't like my observation then I take it back and will say that your hairline looks absolutely lovely.

Man this was a great welcoming attack on this forum.

Friend if you cannot take negative comments about your operation or the doctor then I suggest you stop publishing your progress.

well I am sorry if I have put you in a panic situation and as I said I take back what I said and say instead that your hairline looks absolutely lovely. I hope you are relaxed now. Amazing!

I don't mind if people criticize this hairline, they have the right to do so.

I find it very curious how you signed up only to come to this thread and saying it looks bad, without giving any contribution to the forum.

I'm posting personal photos on a public thread open to anybody for free, I'm perfectly aware that theres gonna be both positive feedbacks and negative feedbacks.

But its also very curious how there's so much bad talking about Dr. Maral since one and only forum user had a fit about his failed surgery (surgery that failed with a previous surgeon as well).

Too many suspicious things.

I think it looks great and bang on target for the timeframe since your HT. Almost all mine shed within the first 3 weeks and now I am really happy with the results. I was one of, if not only the first person to post on this forum about having a 3200 fue HT with Dr Maral, which was about 14 months ago. Shortly after I posted I also received criticism that I wasn't very happy with, which wasn't directed at the way I looked or the design of my hairline but about the fact I had said that my HT was conducted by technicians. Anyway I can totally understand the way you feel and it's only when you have gone through with a HT that you will know what I am talking about. For the first couple of months it is a very personal emotional time, which can even bring bouts of depression, especially after the graft hairs shed and you enter the "ugly duckling" stage. When you post on these forums it is my opinion that you do so to let other people know about your experience to help them make a life changing decision not so much to be criticised about how you look or whether your hairline is high or low etc. Because of the comments on my post I seriously thought that it's not worth the hassle, however I decided to continue, which I am glad I did as I know for a fact I have helped a lot of people. Just look at the amount of views my post has received. Anyway please keep posting your updates and don't get caught up in the emotion of other peoples opinions. ;-) UK 43

I think it looks great and bang on target for the timeframe since your HT. Almost all mine shed within the first 3 weeks and now I am really happy with the results. I was one of, if not only the first person to post on this forum about having a 3200 fue HT with Dr Maral, which was about 14 months ago. Shortly after I posted I also received criticism that I wasn't very happy with, which wasn't directed at the way I looked or the design of my hairline but about the fact I had said that my HT was conducted by technicians. Anyway I can totally understand the way you feel and it's only when you have gone through with a HT that you will know what I am talking about. For the first couple of months it is a very personal emotional time, which can even bring bouts of depression, especially after the graft hairs shed and you enter the "ugly duckling" stage. When you post on these forums it is my opinion that you do so to let other people know about your experience to help them make a life changing decision not so much to be criticised about how you look or whether your hairline is high or low etc. Because of the comments on my post I seriously thought that it's not worth the hassle, however I decided to continue, which I am glad I did as I know for a fact I have helped a lot of people. Just look at the amount of views my post has received. Anyway please keep posting your updates and don't get caught up in the emotion of other peoples opinions. ;-) UK 43

Now this is a cool guy with a cool attitude and cool result!

I will keep posting my updates so they can help anyone out there whos not sure how, where and when getting their HTs, as much as you guys helped me choose Dr. Maral seeing your amazing results.

The feelings and the personal emotions in a HT can be strong.

We put time, money, expectations, hope and our very life in a hair transplant. Hair are part of our face, which is our business card when we meet people in the society.

I am open to criticism when constructive and even if, like you said, the hassle is strong, I'll keep updating month by month, whatever the result positive or negative in a couple of months will be.

Thank you for your kind words UK43. Sure, the ugly duckling phase right now can be disappointing, but I'll keep my chin up and give time to time, I'm only 1 month post op and I can't ask for miracles.

So as soon as I'll have anything to update, check out pics to come and, who knows, if the result will be bad and the hairline will look unnatural then we'll take care of that eventually with a follow up operation.

I honestly don't like the criteria of a "natural" hairline? Is it like a really high hairline that still looks like you're balding? Because if Hesediel's hairline is considered unnatural then I would go with unnatural all the way. I'm not gonna get an HT only to stay with a high hairline because it's the "natural" thing to do. Like if I was not going bald, i'd have a high hairline? no I would not, therefore it's not natural.

I honestly don't like the criteria of a "natural" hairline? Is it like a really high hairline that still looks like you're balding? Because if Hesediel's hairline is considered unnatural then I would go with unnatural all the way. I'm not gonna get an HT only to stay with a high hairline because it's the "natural" thing to do. Like if I was not going bald, i'd have a high hairline? no I would not, therefore it's not natural.

I think "natural" and "unnatural" can also be a very personal prospective.

For example, even when i was a teenager full of hair I was never a boy with a low and aggressive hairline. Everyone in my family, even my mom, have some degree of balsness and/or high hairline, so I'm used to see it and to me it looks natural.

Probably for those who in the past had a low hairline, a low hairline HT will make them look "natural" and closer to how they had been years ago, but of course considering also the harvesting capability of the donor area