Europ clinic Wroclaw

oceanblue

Well as promised here is my report from Europe Clinic Poland,and Dr.Marwan Saifi.

For those wanting the short version,I had a consultation with Dr.Saifi only for us to both agree that I didn't realy need a HT.

I would say this came about firstly by me being told by friends and family I didn't realy need another HT.

I've had 2 strip procedures before.

Although I'd already booked the procedure, flights and hotel this did start to resonate on me,and when I finally arrived at Dr.Saifis clinic I was uncertain.

When I explained this to Dr.Saifi he examined me and said that although we could go ahead with 1000 grafts,he agreed that with my present hair coverage it would not make a huge difference to what I already had.

So I decided I would leave it.

Dr.Saifi had not asked for any deposit from me,which was a nice change from UK salesmen driven clinics.

I knew that he had assembled his 4 person team for my HT so I offered him 300Euros as a cancellation fee.He said 200 would cover his costs so in the end we agreed on 250.

I was due to pay around ??2000 for the HT.

I must say that he never in any way tryed to persuade me to go ahead with the HT,and for that I respect him.

So I stayed a while and we chatted during which time he showed me photos of alot of his other patients,and I looked around the clinic and met his team.

The clinic was clean,modern and all you would expect for a good HT.

I spent quite some time going through photos of his previous and present patients,some of whom I have been in touch with,and to my untrained eye his work looks as good and as detailed as any I have seen from the best doctors on the forum.

Now of course this can all sound to good to be true.

I'm not working for Dr.Saifi,or under any guilt trip for my last minuit cancellation.I'm just telling it as I've seen it.

Now because Dr.Saifis pricing is a little below average am I saying all go there and you'll get the best HT ever.

Even though I've never had one there myself.

NO

It would of course be wrong for me to do that.

What I will say is that there are good HT doctors outside the forum and he is one of them.

I would further suggest that if you check out his website,and it looks interesting,contact him via email and see what you think.

Or invest ??100 in RyanAir,fly to Wroclaw, meet him and have a consultation before you commit to anything.

I think that's covered all I wish to say.

Any questions contact the man himself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

hi i am a new member researching for the purpose of haveing a ht in the not to distant future.i have also been in contact with dr saifi on a couple of ocassions and tried to find out a little more about him and the clinic but cannot seem to come across any previous paitent imfo. was interested to see what their results were like as the prices look very good but i would have to see his results before booking a ht with him

sparky you seem to have abit of a issue with said clinic or oceanblue being rather negative about both,he's only stateing his opinion and as he seem's to know more about the clinic and doc than anyone else i've come across and haveing already had two ht's he's not a complete novice such as myself i will take on board what he has to say. congratulations on the clean and tidy house because mine's a right crap hole.

• 2 weeks later...

1966kph you make me laugh! i think your right about what you said oceanblue has bee to dr saifi already and has cleary been to other ht clinics. i also have seen the results of dr saifi work on my uncle's friend so i think i am going to book in with him myself.my uncles friend did have quite a bold patch 5 years ago and now it seems to have gone and i wanted to know how, because i have one myselficon_smile.gif

• 2 months later...

I tend to find time to follow this thread when away on business and here I am again - but now compelled to offer some input..

I have experienced a receeding hairline for some years and finally decided to do something about it. I came across Dr Saifi on the internet probably about a year ago. I wasn't sure about the idea of going to Poland at first so decided to email Dr S for a discussion. He called me back and was very personable and took time to explain possible courses of treatment for me. He sounded knowledgeable and experienced so I made arrangements to go to Poland - still not sure if I was going to let him loose on my barnet... I was shown various photographs of the outcomes of transplants on other patients and was re-assured by Dr Saifi's calm demeanour and the fact that there was no rush or pressure to commit to surgery. To cut the story short, I went ahead with 2000 grafts to restore my former youthful brow and am now able to say that I have a natural looking and far fuller forehead of hair thanks to his good work!

I guess my message is... give him a go by taking the trip to Poland and I doubt you will be disappointed. The beer is nice there too!

• 1 month later...

I returned from Dr Saifi's clinic four weeks ago I had 2000 grafts, a total just over 5000 hairs. the hair is just starting to grow and I must admit it is very pleasing. I found Dr Saifi very easy to talk to, and he and all his staff were very kind and professional. I will be giving it a couple of months to let the areas thicken up a little then I will post some before and after photos.

If in six months time I decide I require a further transplant in order to give my hair fuller appearance I shall not hesitate in returning to Dr Saifi. I would recommend anyone who is looking for this procedure should give him serious consideration.

Will do mate, probably going to look at having more work done early next year. Down side for me was being in a foreign country on my own and being bored sat around in the hotel room for three days after (felt a bit self concious walking round outside with scabby head, and silly baseball cap at my age).

Most were done in the front, only about 500 went on top I was told. I would have prefered more at the back. They were larger grafts of 2 to 4 hairs on top. You were correct in your earlier post, the ones that seemed to be growing have now dropped off and just little black dots are visible now. appolgies for the pictures not easy to take pictures of ones own head and camera is crap.

Edited by johnnyboy74
wanted to add more

• 1 month later...

This is useful information johhnyboy as I'm considering going to meet with Dr. Saifi.

Did you meet him before you had the operation? i'm guessing a consultation is compulsory? also, why did you have to wait around 3 days after the operation if you don't mind be asking.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I previously had a HT 2 years ago with the Hospital Group in England and was not happy at all with the end result. I paid nearly ?4000 and although all the facilities at the clinic were excellent the surgeon only completed the first half of the procedure by taking out the strips from the donor area and cutting the slits in my head. He then handed me over to 2 assistants who placed all the grafts in the slits (which i feel is the most important stage) while he went to the next room to start another procedure on a different client. Had i known in advance that the surgeon was not completing the whole procedure i certainly would not have my HT at the hospital group. Plus looking back the consultation i had with hospital group was not with the surgeon but with a salesman who give me all the talk, told me everything i wanted to hear and then pushed hard for a deposit. I am not a sucker but the clinic looked good, website looked good and the photos of past clinics looked good so i went with it. Although some hairs did grow through it was nowhere near the results they said i would have.

However, 2 years later having been disapointed with the Hospital group i thought i would give it another go elsewhere. I therefore searched the internet and came across Dr.Saifi clinic in Wroclaw. The price was what first got my attention so i made contact. I was pleased to find that Dr.Saifi personally returned my call and we discussed what i would require. I live in Ireland so a personal consultation was not available, therefore i took pictures of my head and emailed them to Dr.Saifi. He then returned my call with feedback on how many grafts i would need. But i was more impressed with other advise he provided on hair loss prevention and other methods i could use to slow down hair loss. He wasnt trying to push for the sale and left it with me to call him if i wanted to move forward with the HT.

I decided to book the procedure. I was not asked for a deposit and that by forwarding my flight confirmation was enough to confirm my procedure on the agreed date. I was collected at the airport and taken straight to the clinic. Before the procedure i had a final consultation with Dr.saifi and met his team. I was happy with everything so far and decided to have the HT. I found Dr.Saifi very friendly and professional and from start to finish he personally completed the whole HT unlike Hospital Group. I was very impressed with the attention to detail and felt like he takes great pride in his work. After the HT was completed i was very happy with the job he did regarding hair line and density of the hair grafts. Although its now only been a week since i have had the procedure i am confident that this time i will have a good end result. I would definitely recommend Dr.Saifi to anyone in the UK /Ireland thinking of having a HT. Its not only a good price you get but you will receive a professional and personal treatment. Like i did, people may think that by going to Poland you are receiving a cheap and less professional procedure but this is not the case. Having researched Dr.Saifi beforehand and chatting with him during my procedure he is a fully qualified surgeon who completed all his training in the US. Any questions you have he is more than willing to answer in advance. I have received calls post op from DR Saifi to see how i am getting on with pain, swelling, medication etc which shows he does care about his patients which is why i am taking time out to write this as i never received any aftercare from the Hospital Group. I will post pictures up after 3,6,9 months so that i can share the results with anyone who is thinking of having a HT at Dr.Saifi clinic but i am very confident that i will get the results i want.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First I would like to apollogies for not having posted more updates, (best laid plans... and all that) I returned to dr Saifi's practice on the 6th of this month for another 2000 thousand grafts, and promise to post some recent pictures as soon as i get them through. I will also post some again at six months. In my previous post I said I would post pics every month, however, this proved to be pointless, as I now know from experience that the growth procedure is slow to detect until at least 5 months.

For anyone new to this and thinking of having a hair transplant I will describe my experience.

Both times I have used Dr Saifi's services and have always been placed totally at by his relaxed friendly nature, during consultation he asked what my expectations were and we discussed waht was possible and what areas were a priority.

on the day of the surgery I was picked up by his taxi driver a friendly chap called chris who ran me everywhere. The surgery commenced at around 9:30am and as before Dr Saifi kept me constantly informed of how things were going and regularly asked if I required a break to stretch my legs.

his team were constantly busy dissecting the donor strip of scalp as in my previous operation he managed to get a 100 or so extra grafts. Apart from a short break for lunch of around 10mins the operation took about 8 hours.

after the procedure I returned to my hotel. with the meds for the next few days.

What to expect.

For the first few weeks your head will be sore, though thats obvious I suppose. after a few weeks the hair stubbles will and scabs will mostly fall out. At this point you may like me think 'well that was a waste of time' however, dont dispair the actual follicle is still there though probably i a state of shock. Over the next few months the new hair will come through.

Im sure most people on this site are already aware of all the above and most can desribe it better than me, but in short that is my experience. I can only add that I would return to Dr Saifi again for further treatment, the difference it has made to my apperance (at last I have a hairline!) and also to my self confidence, it has certainly given me a new lease of life.

Also, I would like to add that going abroard for surgery can be quiet enjoyable I only stayed two days this time, but last time (6 months ago) I stayed a week and turned it into a relaxing city break. I would recommend the Art Hotel for anyone going to Dr Saifi.

any questions please feel free to PM me.

• 9 months later...

Hey johnnyboy74 its been a little longer then 6 months :) time to share some pictures with us.

I'm actually considering going with Dr Marwan Saifi. I just need more evidence from his actual patients before i commit.

• 1 month later...

Yes, is there any updates to this thread, I am considering going with Dr Marwan Saifi, but the lack of information on the guy does put me off slightly?

Can anyone recommend any other HT surgeons working out of eastern Europe that may have a bit more of a proven track record?