2,781 grafts with Dr. Diep

m0dthispny

• Administrators
What's up man, I too received an FUE procedure with Diep. Unfortunately I am not so optimistic as I feel some grafts are falling off and the area looks about the same as the rest of my head besides the scabs. How long did it take for you to notice change and did your grafts come out? ?

Hey bud, Dr. Diep should have included post op instructions, grafts falling out is normal and tends to happen up to 6 weeks post op. The grafts falling out have nothing to do with the final result, the follicles are dead, but the actual follicle underneath is alive and will grow around month 3. The recipient area may be red for a few months but it will subside.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately I too am not a fan of Dr. Diep's zig zag hairline designs.

Do yourself a favor and type "diep" "and "fue" into youtube, and you'll see some of the best hairline results in America. In fact, I know of no other American doctor who has posted better results on video.

That said, I'm not in love with the result depicted in this thread.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

I did a 1500 graft FUE with Diep about 18 months ago. Click on my name and you will see a post where I detail it. The guy is legit..I looked at 2 other docs and picked him.

In my posts, I esp detail the first few weeks. Yes, your hair will fall out with the crusts still on it. This is expected. And even the existing hair will fall out from shock loss. So for a few weeks you likely will look *worse* then before. In my case I think it was between 1-2 months where things started getting better then the "before"...so be patient. Fast forward to today and I am very happy with his work.

only a few pics from early on were taken with a flash. all my recent pics are in bathroom with no flash.

i understand everyone has their allegiance to a dr. of their choice, which is fine, you're all entitled to your own opinions.

end of day i'm super happy and have no regrets with Dr. Diep.

thanks for all the positive comments.

Long time lurker here first time poster. Results look awesome. Thanks for posting. I had a HT done by Dr Diep in May. Following your experience on here was one of the reasons I chose him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey m0dthispny,

just read through your thread regarding your journey and i'm extremely excite to have read it. i have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Diep in a couple of weeks and i was really nervous even about the consultation. especially after reading some negative comments about Dr. Diep. But your thread definitely helped a lot and now i'm looking forward to the consultation.

i just joined the forum yesterday so can't send PM yet, but if you're open for me to contact you directly please let me know. appreciate it!

hey m0dthispny,

just read through your thread regarding your journey and i'm extremely excite to have read it. i have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Diep in a couple of weeks and i was really nervous even about the consultation. especially after reading some negative comments about Dr. Diep. But your thread definitely helped a lot and now i'm looking forward to the consultation.

i just joined the forum yesterday so can't send PM yet, but if you're open for me to contact you directly please let me know. appreciate it!

No worries my friend. dr Diep is one of the best in FUE here in the states. Ckat238@gmail.com. Contact me directly if I can help with anything.

• 3 months later...

I also had a procedure with diep for 2644 grafts to restore my hairline. I just hit 2 months and had some shockloss. but this is when your patience is put to the test (the ugly duckling stage). Lets hope i get results like Mods!!fingers crossed. check out my updated pics too

I know this thread is old but holy f'ing smokes! That's the thickest head of HT hair I've ever seen. I had more grafts than you? I'm at 3+ months and will be dreaming for a result like this... Fingers crossed.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
hi, haven't posted much since nobody seems to care unless the surgeon is maral or lorenzo , but here are some almost 5 months post-op updates since i figured there are quite a few diep patients here.

these pics were taken 4 months and 3 weeks post-op, with flash on, so it's about the worst type of lighting you can get, but overall very pleased with the results so far. There are still some areas that are lagging behind, mostly where the implanted and pre-op hairline meet, but i know with time it will all fill out.

As you can see, i've gone quite a ways since before the surgery, best decision ever.

Also, i have been blow drying my hair daily after i shower and combing my hair back as i would like to slick it back once it grows out, which is why the direction is going back.

22_4months3weeks4days.jpg

20_4months3weeks4days.jpg

21_4months3weeks4days.jpg

23_4months3weeks4days.jpg

ok this doesn't look like the same guy. Am i wrong?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Dude your thread was the reason I chose Diep, one of the best results on this site no doubt.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.